That Stranger

A Bad Girl

"Where do you live?" he asks me as we walk towards what I suppose is his car.

"I can go home myself," I quietly respond.

"It's late. I'll drive you." He takes out his keys from his pocket and unlocks the car with a push of a button.

I unknowingly stop midway with my eyes still glued to the back of this stranger in front of me. Am I really going to go along with it? This means i'm quitting my job, my only source of money, and solely depending on this stranger to provide everything for me. Ha. Now that I think about it, what are the chances that this is real? All of this just seems so laughable. Will he keep his word and not change his mind? 

Before I could stop myself, my thoughts slip out of my mouth, "can I trust you?" 

He stops walking and turns around only to find a decent gap in between us.

"Excuse me?" He maintains eye contact while walking back towards me.

I advert my focus to the side and utter the question that has been bothering me, "about all this, are you really serious?"

I glance back at him and he breaks out into a small grin and takes a hold of my hand before pulling me along again, "don't doubt me."

---

"Oh, you're home?" I'm greeted by Ashley as I enter our apartment.

I totally forgot. Of course Ashley would be home, it was her day off. Now I have to explain to her why i'm home early. 

"Um, yeah. Long story," I answered carefully as I made my way over to the couch.

"What happened? Are you feeling sick?" she rushes to my side and feels my forehead.

"No, no. It's...I- I quitted, I guess," raising my tone a bit at the end in uncertainty.

Ashley stares at me dumbfounded, "what?!"

"It's complicated. And it just happened," I bury my face into my knees, "I can't believe I went along with it."

---

"You don't mean Byun...?" she questions me with curiousity.

"Who? Byun?" I question back confuse.

"Nah, nevermind," she waves off and walks to the kitchen leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Ashley was definitely shocked that I actually believed this guy's words and quitted my job, but she understands I wouldn't make such a rash choice without thinking about it. Though her reaction towards the end seemed calmer than what I would have expected from her, she supported my decision and gave me a big hug telling me i'm finally moving closer to reaching my goal. I just hope I can trust myself on this. 

---

I wake up with an empty pit in my stomach. I'm jobless. Doesn't feel right just thinking about it. Maybe I should just go get back my job. I don't even know the guy. How is this even going to work? Just date him and I will get paid? Paid enough for me to reach my goal? He seemed so sure. And how did he even know I needed money? Ugh, too many questions I want to ask him. 

I pull myself out of bed and into the kitchen to grab something to eat.

"I'm heading out first RiSe," I look over to the front door to see Ashley putting on her shoes.

"Where are you going?" I question her. It was way too early for her to be going to work.

"Just out. I, uh, have to do something. I'll be back later." 

And she's out the door before I can reply.

---

(Ashley's POV)

"Oh, why are you here already? Your shift doesn't start till-"

I cut EunBi off, "who is he?" 

"Huh?"

"The guy from last night. The one who made RiSe quit. Who is he?"

"Oh yeah, that guy," EunBi looks at me with concern, "is RiSe seriously quitting? It happened so suddenly, I was taken aback. Did she tell you what's going on? Maybe it's part of her plan again just like all those other guys."

I'm in no mood to chit chat, "can you give me his name?"

"Uh, sure, let me find it," she turns her attention to the laptop, "you feel skeptical right? I know I do. He seemed decent, but you never know what's in his head. I just hope RiSe knows what she is getting herself into."

I wait patiently as she looks through the customer list from last night. My hands become sweaty unknowingly.

"Oh, here he is," she looks back at me, "Byun Baekhyun. That's his name."

My breathing hitched. 

It is him. 

So he's back.

--------------------

"Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair." --Unknown

photo chap3rs.jpg

photo chap3bh.jpg

--------------------

Sorry it took so long to update! Really really sorry! I will try updating more often!

-Ming Ming, 10/26/2013