Once Upon A Troll (Chen)

EXO One Shots

This has more words than I expected. 

968 words for this story. Wow.

I have no idea why I call this Once Upon A Troll but yeah...

Extra things you have to note before you read this story.

1. In this story, Chen is a solo-ist. He's a singer.

2. Only his manager calls him Jongdae.

3. I think I make him sound too much like a bad guy in this story at the start. Maybe that's just my opinion.

4. Purely based off this prompt and I added the ending. I turned the ending my way like how I wanted it to end. But feel free to give it a different ending. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chen had an interview for his newest album release. He's the new rising star that debuted barely a year and a half ago. His voice was enough to send chills down your back. He was that good. He was the perfect boyfriend-material to most girls out there. Gentlemanly, polite, kind, humorous, good looking and talented. But he was a troller.

"How's your love life like, Chen-ssi?" A typical question in the entertainment industry. This kind of question was unavoidable. Chen gave a small smile. "Erm… There's this one girl I saw at a meeting with fans. I don't know her name, because of all the fuss with the autographs and all." Chen's smile began to dim a little. "I've only seen her once but I think I'm in love with her…" Chen says looking all sad and lonely. Sad background music began to play at the background. "So what does she look like?" "An angel."

Once the filming ended, Chen was guided back to his van. Chen smiled and waved to the fans through the van's black tinted windows. "Jongdae, you're horrible you know that?" Chen gave a confused look. "You know how your fans will react once this gets out?" His manager droned on. Chen just smiled, pulling his seat back and rest. "Wake me up when we reach the filming location. Thanks, hyung."

--

Chen had arrived safely at the airport. He had just gotten back from Japan where he was filming his newest music video. While being guided by security guards, fans were screaming and shoving gifts to his face which he politely accepted. There were times he stopped for fans to take a few shots of him before his manager and the guards asked him to continue walking. He smiled and waved occasionally but then it was when he was about to reach the exit, he stopped. Chen saw someone whom had managed to catch his attention… and his heart.

She was standing among the crowd of his fangirls. But something was different. She wasn't screaming and chanting his name. She wasn't even holding a fan board. Chen could swear he heard her say, "Welcome back, Chen-ssi."  over the screaming fangirls. "Welcome back!" It was as simple as that. Chen smiled at her, taking in her features before walking out with the manager. It was from then Chen decided that he had to find out who is she, what's her name.

"Hyung," Chen calls his manager. "Yes, Jongdae?" "I think I found my angel."

And all the fan-signings, fan-meetings, showcases and concerts that Chen held, he couldn't find the girl he was looking for. Maybe she didn't come. Maybe he missed her. Maybe this. Maybe that.

--

"Chen-ssi, are you ready?" This was his last fan-signing. If he didn't see her here, maybe he wasn't destined to be with her. Chen nodded his head and followed his manager out of his waiting room.

The fan-signing was a success, his eyes had scanned the crowd for the face but he can't seem to find her. Maybe that's fate. The only section left of the fan-signing was of course, the fan-signing. The fans had queued up in a straight line, holding their albums in hand. Chen was ready to sign. Two boxes were placed behind him for gifts and silver permanent markers were on the table for signing purposes. Chen nodded his head at the security, telling them that he was ready. And the fan-signing started.

Chen smiled at every single one of them, saying 'thank you's and shaking their hands.

"What's your name?" He says, without lifting his head. "you" And that had Chen lifting up his head. There she was. Standing right in front of him. Chen smiled before nodding his head and in his nicest handwriting possible, he wrote your name. "Here," You handed the crew Chen's gift for them to put in the box but Chen took it from you instead and kept it. "Thank you!" Chen says. You smiled back at him. "Hope you like it!" And it's the next person in line.

Chen had opened your gift. It was a couple necklace. It came with a note. It was written in a pretty handwriting. 

"For you and your angel. I wish you happiness." Chen had called his manager for a favour. "Please hyung! Just this once."

"Are you you?" And you nodded. You were pulled to a side by the guards, immediately after the fan-signing had ended. "I'm Chen's manager. Come with me." And you nodded, following him. He led you to a waiting room. The word 'CHEN' was printed on the door. He knocked three times before opening the door. "Is she the one you're looking for?" Chen turned around. He smiled widely. "I'll take that as a 'yes'."

"Chen-ssi, are you looking for me?" He nods his head. "Take this as a mini fan-service. I told hyung to give me 15 minutes." He says. "Close your eyes." Chen instructs. "And don't open until I tell you to." "Why?" "Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything bad. Trust me."

Then you felt something cold leaning against your collar bone. "Now open." You touched the cold metal piece that was hanging around your neck. "Bu-but… This……" Chen smiles. "Now never take this off until I tell you to. Okay? I want to see my angel wearing it."

--

"How's your love life like, Chen-ssi?" "I'm in love with an angel that I'm currently dating right now." Chen confessed. "Angel?" Chen nods while looking at you, standing next to his manager. "The angel I'm hoping to spend my whole life with." Chen smiles at you and you smiled back. Your hand was holding on to the necklace that was still hanging around your neck. "Then let's all wish Chen happiness with his angel!"

------------------------------------------------

88 Subscribers!? Where are you guys coming from? Really! Where?

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! NEVER FORGET THAT!

Anyways, the next chapter will be up probably on Tuesday night or something.

I'll be busy tomorrow (technically today since it's 1:32AM now) and Tuesday.

So yeah...

I've got things to settle.

1. Video Presentation on Monday (which is technically today)

2. Final Presentation on Tuesday (wish me luck guys)

3. Study for my exams. I've got two papers to take and it's my last semester in school. So wish me luck!

So yeah...

Anyways, I'll be back when I can.

So...

Read. Comment. Subscribe.

LOVE YOU~

- junwoonie