You Are Trouble

♥ The Little Tales ♥

“What do you think of this dress? Too fancy?” Tanya asked, lifting up the deep blue, ridiculously complicated dress.

I gave her my are-you-kidding-me face and showed her my disgust on her taste. She furrowed her brows and place the dress back on the rack. I turned and immediately a sky blue dress captured my attention.

“This. Looks. Perfect on you! Tiffany, you just HAVE to buy this.”

Tanya rushed to take the dress I had my eye on. She then made her way to… Tiffany. I stared longingly as my other “Best Friend” went into the changing room with that dress. I looked on as Tanya dashed into the little space with Tiffany. I glared at the closed door with envy. That dress was supposed to be mine.

“Excuse me…” a girl barely audible spoke up.

I turned and saw the guy who was poorly dressed, untamed hair and a -face lover. Oh Sehun. He drilled his eyes into mine and slipped an arm around his new current girlfriend. He gave a shooing gesture to me and nudged me away a little. I almost fell until I got a stable stand. My eyes widened with fury, my mouth hanging agape when he just went away.

“Oh my god. He is just a hot cutie!” Tiffany squealed. Right into my ear.

I winced and pushed her away. I gave her an accusing glare and she just shrugged innocently. My gaze travelled back to Sehun who was standing infront of the changing room texting. I will get back at you. Mark the encounter.

 

^^^

 

“O, that this too, too solid flesh would melt. Thaw and -” Luhan read his lines and was soon interrupted.

“More feelings Luhan! Put more expressions! When you read it just now it was too dull,” the coach snapped.

I stand at the backstage, waiting for my turn to come out. We were doing Hamlet. An awesome story I might say. I am playing as one of the main character, Ophelia, Hamlet’s girlfriend. And how convenient too, since Luhan was my crush after all.

“Ophelia! Its your cue my dear,” the coach gently called.

I went onto the stage in character. As I wait for Luhan to finish his line, I daintily walked over to his current spot.

“O dear Ophelia… I am ill at these numbers. I have not art to recon my groans but that… I love thee best, believe it,” I threw my lines, full with my passion for theatre.

“Good job darling! Let’s wrap up this thing and head home!” the coach announced as he grabbed his bottle of water.

I strutted down to talk to the coach when suddenly the door banged open and the headmistress and a woman swept in. They wanted to talk to the coach. I sneaked closer to hear snippets of the conversation.

“Luhan will be migrating to China. I’m sorry for the short notice and I hope you can find a replacement for Hamlet, though I don’t think anyone could be better than my son,” the snobbish-looking woman boasted.

So Luhan’s migrating? Oh no why? I looked on as Luhan gave goodbye hugs and kisses to the cast and members. When he came to me, he looke down, then looked deep into my eyes.

“Goodbye, my Ophelia. I wish you were my girlfriend. I have a crush on you…” he whispered, hugging me tight and planting a quick, soft peck on my lips.

I stumbled back when he left. Woah, he liked me back? Well, it’s too late now. I looked over at the coach who was obviously distressed. Well, who was going to play Hamlet now? I asked that to him and he scanned the room. His eyes finally landed on someone I never thought I will be co-acting with.

“SEHUN! You’ll become Hamlet!” he announced.

Suddenly, everything went deadly silent. You could even hear pins drop. Everybody was anticipating the answer. Everybody knew Sehun was the type to obey the elders since he wanted no fuss. And also that he hates me. And there was a kiss scene between Hamlet and Ophelia. And he was chosen to kiss me.

“Okay,” he shrugged.

Tiffany dropped her bag that she was holding. Tanya stared disbelievingly at Sehun. The others either fainted or turned into stone as they stopped breathing. He came forward towards me, hit my shoulder purposely and took the script Luhan had left on the floor.

What the hell. What bull is this?

 

^^^

 

“Yah! OH SEHUN!” I screamed out his name.

He turned and looked at me with that-that-that face. I felt like slapping him and wiping that face off him. His new girlfriend of the week looked at me as if I was dirt.

“Don’t you dare show me attitude.”

“What if I do dare? Who the hell are you to order me anyway?” He retorted back and left me fuming there. UGH!

 

^^^

 

It was the day of the performance. Which means I really have to kiss him. Oh why!? He was cooperative in the rehearsals which was a good thing. I’m scared, nervous, anxious and angry at the same time. And strangely, I felt happy too. During the few weeks of rehearsing, I had flirted with him a number of times to make him work well with me. Now I don’t want to kiss him. He is a poor guy. His family probably lives with heroin and rubbish around them.

And now I have to kiss him. Why god why?

“You will be kissing that filthy boy? What!?” your mother had shrieked.

“It’s okay mom. I’ll make sure he showered and clean himself until he become raw pink.”

Now I ain’t so sure it’s okay anymore. Now, as I walked towards him, and him towards me for the kissing part, I want to run away. I almost wanted to when he planted the kiss on my lips.

 

^^^

 

He bent back my head across his arm and kissed me, softly at first, and then with a swift gradation of intensity that made me cling to him as the only solid thing in a dizzy swaying world. His insistent mouth was parting my shaking lips, sending wild tremors along my nerves, evoking from my sensations I had never known I was capable of feeling. And before a swimming giddiness spun me round and round, I knew that I was kissing him back.

 

^^^

 

The audience applauded and soon they were rushing out the doors. I searched for Sehun, whipping my head to the left and the right. I spotted him, but he was already in the crowd, elbowing his way out. I need an explanation. Why wasn’t the kiss just played up? Why did it felt real? And most importantly, why does it seemed to be guided by love?

 

^^^

 

“Yah! Oh Sehun! I need to talk to you.” I shouted.

He froze and slowly turned 180 degree. “What do you want?”

“What is the meaning for the kiss?”

“It’s for the scene. Duh.”

I tilted my head and placed a hand on my hips. “Don’t get cocky with me.”

“You want to know the truth? Okay then!” He lets go of the hand of his current girlfriends and approached me.

He kissed me again with that same passion.

“Oppa!”

“What was that for!?” I shrieked and punched his chest.

The girlfriend clung herself to his arm. He swatted her away like a fly, eyes not leaving mine.

“How obvious that was. I love you okay?” he mumbled.

“Wha…what…”

“Don’t get ‘What!?’ with me. You kissed me back. Don’t lie.” His face was back and he rushed off, leaving his ‘girlfriend’ crying and me dumbfounded.

 

^^^

 

“I admit. I do like you from way back. But I had sworn not to kiss you. Since you are a dirty filthy mess.”

“Well, I had sworn to never fall for you since you are an arrogant, spoiled mess. But I guess…” he slyly smirked.

“I hate you for you are trouble. You caused me to have an argument with my dear mom. But I love you for you are trouble. Trouble that I will go through.”

 

Third Person’s POV

 

And they hugged in their new apartment. After getting kicked out of her house, she realized that she do love him to sacrifice a lot for him.