Comfort

The Unforgotten

 

 
 
"So you've been here for a long time?" Soojung asked curiously.
 
She has stopped crying a moment ago and they've been chatting since then.
 
"Yeah, since I was born to be exact" he replied with a sad tone.
 
"Waeyeo? What about your Appa and umma?" she asked confusedly. She couldn't believe that he's been living here since he was born.  
 
"Well, umma has gone to the heaven and I'm not sure where Appa is" he explained, "Hana noona said my Appa is a very busy person so that he doesn't even have enough time to sleep. He sent me presents on my birthday though". 
 
Soojung suddenly stood up from the swing she's riding and stood in front of him, opening her arms widely. 
 
"Yah, what are you doing?" Minho questioned. 
 
"To make you feel better. My mom always do that for me whenever I'm sad. Come on" she opened her arms more widely, waiting for him to enter her arms. 
 
Minho walked towards her slowly, still debating on whether he should listen to her advice or not. 
 
"Palli! My arms are starting to hurt" Soojung complained. 
 
"Trying wouldn't hurt me anyway" he thought as he entered her hug. It was so warm and soothing. He felt the warmth that he's never felt. 
 
He started to wonder if his mother was still alive, would she be doing the same thing? Would she hug him and comfort him whenever he's down? Would she play together with him and feed him just like the other mothers do? Would she sing a lullaby and tuck him to sleep at night?
 
A tear dropped from his eye as the truth hit him. That his fantasies would never come true. That his unseen mother would never be alive again.
 
"Umma....." young Minhyuk cried. 
 
Soojung patted his shoulders in sympathy, noticing his tears which has drenched her back of the shirt. 
 
"Uljima, oppa. You look ugly when you're crying like this, you know" it was her turn to say those words. "Those are my words, Copycat!" Minho said between his sobs, making Soojung giggle.
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I'm really sorry for the short chapter :(
Pls comment and subscribe ^^