I Didn't Mean To

Bangtan Boys One Shot Series

“Let’s go to her now,” he said excitedly, pulling me towards yet another princess to take a picture. I groaned in frustration, and unwillingly followed him. Today was supposed to be a special day. I was on a date with my boyfriend and we both agreed to go to Disney World, but it had been three hours and I hadn’t had an ounce of fun. Okay maybe I’m exaggerating a little. It was a bit fun at the beginning, but after stopping at every princess and every magic castle at least twice, I was getting tired of it. I wanted to go on different rides, to different characters and exhibitions. After taking several pictures with Cinderella, he began heading towards Snow White when I grabbed his arm and turned him around.

“Seok Jin-ah,” I started. His excited smile started fading when he saw the slight frown on my face. He turned around and held my hands.

“What’s wrong baby?” Biting my lip, I sighed and looked around, anywhere but his eyes. I finally looked at him.

“I can’t keep doing this. I’m not having any fun.” His smile completely disappeared.

“But we’re at Disneyland and the pictures with princesses…” He looked a bit sad. It hurt me a little to see him like this, but I had to let him know. I couldn’t just keep pretending to have fun. I looked down before speaking again.

“Yes I know we agreed to go to Disneyland and we’re here, but I had hoped we would go on various rides. I wanted to go to the Haunted Mansion or the Jungle Cruise, or even Peter Pan’s flight, but all we’ve done is go to princess after princess and we’ve gone to every princess at least three times. Sweetie, I love you and I know you love princesses but i just can’t do it anymore. We promised to be honest in our relationship and I don’t want to keep lying to you and pretending. I don’t like princess, and after this I just might dislike them even more. I’m—I’m sorry,” I finished. I looked back at up him and my heart broke. He looked devastated.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t—I didn’t know you felt that way,” he said. He looked like he was going to cry which hurt me so much more. I didn’t want it to end up like this.

“Seok Jin-ah, jagi, I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings,” I pleaded and took his hand. He sighed and plastered a smile on his face and looked at me.

“No, no don’t be sorry. It’s a special day and i should’ve considered things that would make us both happy.” He turned around, my hand still in his and we began walking around. About half an hour had passed, all we’d done was walk around and for some reason Seok Jin kept checking his phone every 2.5 to 3 minutes. I’d been meaning to ask him what he was doing, but I didn’t want to invade his privacy. He spotted an ice-cream stand and silently started towards it. We both got ice-cream cones and ate them in silence. Once again, his phone went off and he checked it. I wanted to keep my cool, but I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Seok Jin-ah, baby what’s wrong? What’s going on? Why do you keep checking your phone? Look, are you still hurt about what I said? I’m sorry baby, I really am. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I just wanted to be honest with you because I felt that would be better than not telling you at all and--”

“Jagiya, don’t worry okay? I’ll be right back. Just—just stay here okay?” He gave me a small smile before walking off. Frustrated, I let out a big sigh and sat on a bench. Did I really upset him that much?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is he? It’s already been…45 minutes. Oh God Seok Jin where are you? Finally fed up with waiting I started walking in the same direction he went. I had been walking for a while and was starting to feel lost when a little girl came up to me.

“Hi miss pretty lady,” she said, smiling fully at me and showing the gap in the front of where her front teeth were supposed to be. I couldn’t help smiling back at her and I squatted to her height.

“Hey cutie, how are you?” She only nodded in response while still smiling.

“These are for you.” She handed me a small bouquet of white pansies lined with purple.

Oh…oh my goodness these are beautiful.

“And this too.” She then gave me a kiss on the cheek before giggling.

“Well thank you little lady.” She giggled again and quickly ran away. I slowly stood up, a smile still on my face.

Oh right Seok Jin. I resumed my search for him. Where could he be? I started walking again, still not knowing where I was going, when a little boy came up and gave me a balloon before running away. Within a space of five to seven minutes I was holding thirteen balloons in my hand.

What is this? What’s going on? And where’s Seok Jin? Another little girl came up and took my hand.

“Close your eyes,” she said.

“Come on.” I followed her, eyes closed completely unaware of where I was going. Soon we stopped walking. I felt someone tugging on my arm.

“You can open your eyes now.” I slowly opened my eyes.

“Surprise.” There was Seok Jin, holding a much larger bouquet of white pansies with a cheesy smile on his face.

“Happy birthday,” he said. I felt my eyes stinging with tears and my vision got blurry. Through my blurry vision i saw Seok Jin approaching me and soon i felt his arms wrap lovingly around me.

"Happy birthday [insert your name]," he said again, kissing my forehead and I finally let the tears i had been holding back fall from my eyes. "I'm sorry that you were upset and weren't having fun today, but i wanted this moment to really be special for you. I had been planning this for a while and had to distract you." He pulled back and smiled at me.

"So...do you like the flowers?" he asked hopefully. I sniffled and nodded repeatedly. We just stood there and looked at each other before bursting out in a fit of giggles. 

"Thank you," I said when we finally calmed down. "For all this. It's---it's wonderful. I've never had anything like this done for me before so it's really special for me."

"Well I would go any distance for my princess," he replied, putting his hands on my waist and resting his forehead on mine.

"I thought I'd dislike that word, but after this...i just might not mind hearing about rpincesses. But only when you're calling me one." He chuckled heartiy at this.

"Will do, my princess." He softly put his lips on mine, then i wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled closer to deepen the kiss. We finally pulled apart to get some fresh air.

"Seok Jin?"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." He pulled me into a hug again and we just stood there, enjoying each other's presence.

"Oh and baby?"

"Hmm?" I replied. He pulled back again and reached into his pocket.

What could it be now? He took my hand and slipped a simple, small, beautiful silver band on my ring finger. I looked up at him, once again surprised. He smiled cheekily. 

"Happy Anniversary!" He exclaimed happily, throwing his hands in the air.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it? I already have RapMon's on pretty planned out so watch for it!

If you're reading this, it means my story appealed to you and I want to say...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS

It means a lot to me when i know people like my stories.

Don't forget to subscribe (and comment)

And if you have subscribeed THANK YOU and don't forget to comment.

Now on to Kim Namjoon aka RapMonster ^~^