Memories Pt. II

Prom?

"What do you mean he just asked you?"

 

"Just like that. No warning, he just asked." I explained, exasperated enough as it was.

 

"And you said yes?"

 

"Yes," I agreed.

 

"I just don't get it."

 

I laughed humorlessly. "Me neither."

 

~~~

 

It wasn't just that he continued to act normally after he had asked that bugged me. Okay, no, maybe it was just that. But really, what was the point of acting all mysterious and asking me out, if he was just going to turn around and act like it hadn't even happened?

 

One thing I kept in mind is that I knew how this story would end. I would be the one left hurt. Why should I even get my hopes up? Why should I even talk to him anymore, knowing that his smiles and friendly gestures were never leading anywhere?

 

But then, how could I forget the boy who used to mean everything he said, who did things out of kindness and love, with no price, before everything got so complicated in recent years?

 

"Hey, Ssul," Minho huffed, jogging to catch up to me. "You walking home?"

 

"Yep," I smiled tightly.

 

"Well then you wouldn't mind if I joined you, right?" He asked rhetorically, throwing a sweaty arm over my shoulder.

 

I gawked at it in horror, while he erupted in laughter. "Gross, Minho."

 

"You know you love me, anyway."

 

I sighed unconsciously, shaking my head because he didn't know the half of it. I turned to him with a smirk. "I hope you have fun, Minho."

 

His eyebrows twisted in confusion. "Have fun doing what?"

 

"Eating my dust!" I yelled as I took off running in the direction of my house. I could hear a faint "You'll pay for this, Choi!" amidst the blood pounding in my ears. I made it to my front door in record time, whipping out my keys and jangling the darn things because where the hell is the key to the front door and when did all these get here?

 

I grabbed for the door after a silent cheer for my hasty unlocking, just as I heard Minho's huffing breaths climbing the stairs behind me, and planned to slam it closed in his face, but I miscalculated my timing and he tackled right into my hesitating form at the door frame.

 

"Owww," I groaned from underneath him. "Get the hell off!"

 

"Not until you apologize," He replied slowly around a gruff sound of pain. He was getting heavier by the second, believe it or not.

 

"I have nothing to apologize for!" I shrieked back in annoyance.

 

"Yes, you do," Minho responded, still stubbornly solidified above me.

 

"Ugh, fine! If it makes you happy then I'm sorry I beat you and that you're so competitive and heavy! Now GET OFF!"

 

Minho rolled away with no hesitance, pulling himself to his feet and straightening his shirt. "That’s not what I meant," He scoffed. I was going to ask him what he had meant, but he turned away rudely and sauntered through the foyer into the kitchen like he owned the place.

 

I laid there dumbfounded until I realized I could actually move, now that the thousand pounds of pain in my had been lifted off of me, and I was left looking stupid.

 

Jumping up, I stormed into the kitchen after him. "Hey, you know I think you should—what are you doing?" I paused my accusatory statement momentarily to ogle as Minho had slipped into an apron and was now doing what appeared to be, I noted, appalled, cooking in my house.

 

"What does it look like?" He scoffed.

 

"It looks like you're turning into my mom," I grumbled back.

 

He turned to me, suddenly all too happy with that idea. "Sulli-yah," he mocked a high-pitched tone, "A growing girl like you needs to eat well, ne?"

 

"Stop," I warned.

 

"What? No need to be embarrassed, Sulli-ah, you're a big girl now," he continued.

 

"Don’t."

 

"Why you've even begun to grow—"

 

"That’s it!" Minho's eyes widened as I used the one threat I've always had against him: the tickle attack.

 

Now he was the one begging "get off me!" as he fell to the floor in a weak pile of agonizing laughter.

 

"Seriously, what will make you stop?" He cried out, nearing tears.

 

I pulled back slightly, "Promise no more teasing."

 

"I promise," he nodded enthusiastically.

 

"And, you still have to make dinner."

 

"Done," he agreed.

 

I pushed off of him contentedly. "Great. Get started on that and make it fast, 'kay," I threw over my shoulder as I sauntered away. At least that’s what I'd meant to do, before Minho had gotten a grip on my arm, successfully making me stumble over my own feet at the shock.

 

"Very funny," Minho dead-panned, dragging me to the kitchen despite my curses and struggling.

 

I pouted the whole time he'd passed me ingredients and bombarded me with directions such as "pour this into that--not all at once!" and the like, but I'd silently admit that I liked this side to him as I admired him flurry left and right along the expanse of the kitchen. He always was better than me at a few things, that constant being the ones you'd least expect a male to excel in against a female, such as cooking. I didn't put much effort in, in my defense for my womanhood; I was only concerned with the finished product, and of course eating.

 

"Hey," Minho snapped me to attention as his face was moving closer in my direction. He lifted a hand and brushed his fingers along my cheek gently a few times. He cracked a sudden smile that froze the air in my lungs. Pulling back he mumbled, "You had something on your face.."

 

"Thanks.." I replied numbly. It was immediately followed by a scolding for not mixing the ingredients properly, but hey, I was distracted, and could you blame me?

 

~~~

 

"Thanks for staying and making me dinner.." I mumbled as we washed the dishes together later that evening.

 

"Don't sweat it, I know your parents work late," he smiled over to me, a small twinge of sadness in his eyes.

 

"Yeah," I dropped my gaze to the soapy water, refusing to think about it, that gaping hole that existed in my chest, always paining to be relieved, but somehow around Minho, it was quiet.

 

My expression sobered and I snuck a glance at Minho before asking hesitantly, "What did you want me to apologize to you for? You know, earlier." His hands tensed up around the plate he was holding, I noticed with a wince.

 

"Oh, that." Minho set the dish down, seemingly upset by the reminder. "You still don't know?"

 

He set his dark eyes on me so suddenly, I unknowingly started stepping back. "I really don't.."

 

He replaced the steps with his own in my direction, getting closer until he literally had me backed in a corner. He said something, but frankly I couldn’t hear it over the pounding in my ears.

 

Before I knew it, without any warning or understanding (or time to react), Minho leans in and kisses me.

 

Why again do I put myself in these situations? Oh, right. I just can’t help myself.

 


an; the minsul feels are overwhelming me rn send help

/watches ttby again and cries