Chapter 7

Fakin' it with Yoseob

WAH!! i feel so bad that i haven't updated in so long!! TT^TT *waterfalls~*...its bcuz of lamo school!! >:/..but anyway im here with an update..and this story has ENDED, i no it was unexpected..idk wat happened i somehow just kept typing on :)..i intended to make this a short story in the first place, so yea T^T...i'll try to not make this chapter cheesy XD!! Plus it's THANKSGIVING BREAK :D! But i still have hw -_-"..CAUTION: this chapter maybe very bipolar...idk i just feel like it will be XD! this is pretty long~ O.O..and not edited XD!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was sitting on a broken tree log while Yoseob was skipping rocks over the lake. My head is still buzzing from what just happened. Does Hee Young hate me that bad in order to slap me? Did I take away her pride that much from just being with Yoseob? And most importantly WHY THE HELL SHOULD SHE CARE!?! For all I know, throughout my whole entire life she has been taking all the guys I ever liked. Like some sort of competition!

I sighed and glanced at Yoseob picking up another rock. But who wouldn’t like Yoseob? He’s cute but at the same time hot, his smile can just melt you, and his dorkiness can make your day. Then again, who wouldn’t like Hee Young? She’s smart but very y, and beautiful in every way (except maybe her heart -_-) Thinking about it, why wouldn’t Yoseob like her!?! She’s perfect! While I’m…just me.

“GAH!” I clutched my head in frustration as if it was killing me to think all these things. Yoseob turned to look at me and gave out a simple smile. My heart skipped a beat and my cheeks burned, oh geez, in the middle of a situation and I can still act this way. And suddenly memories of the kiss floated in my head, oh dear god I hope I don’t have a nosebleed!

He came and sat next to me. “You okay?”

“Do I look like it?” I asked back. He just chuckled in reply while I blew my hair out of my face. “Maybe you should’ve have chased after her.” I told him.

His face turned into a frown. “Why?”

“Because that’s what she wanted.”

“Exactly, that’s what she wanted so I’m not giving it to her.”

My jaw dropped. “Why are being so mean?” Wow never knew he can be so heartless O.O. “Yah! She’s crying because of you and you’re not going to do anything about it?”

“Truthfully I think it’s you who made her cry.”

My face flushed. “You know, me and Hee Young never had this kind of problem until you came along!”

“Sorry, it’s not my fault I’m so good looking.” Yoseob gave me a teasing smile.

I puffed my cheeks in annoyance. “But still...”

“Why do you want me to go to her so bad?”

“..You don’t..like her?”

Yoseob gave out a laugh leaving me confused. “Is that what you think?”

My face turned red. “Well, why wouldn’t you!?!” He raised one eyebrow and smirked. I blushed even more and I punched his shoulder. “Don’t tease me!”

His face softened and he gave me a heartwarming smile. “If you haven’t noticed, I don’t just kiss people randomly.” Why in the world did he bring that up!?! Yoseob leaned in to my ear and whispered. “That means you have to be pretty special for me to do it.” GAH!!! I pushed him away from me and jumped to the other side of the log, pointing at him saying gibberish that didn’t make sense.

Yoseob suddenly grabbed my pointing hand and yanked it toward him, making me clashed onto his chest, and starts laughing like a maniac. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “Oh gosh, I just love teasing you Ae Mi.” he said after wiping away a tear, while I just sat there glaring at him. “Come on, let’s head back.”

 

 

We arrived in a very wide empty cabin, big enough where everyone was gathered and Mr. Choi was giving out instructions for the next activity. “Boys and girls, please separate to each side of the room!”

“Why~?” some people complained.

“Will you just do it!”

And like the military we separated within seconds! I looked forward and caught Yoseob staring at me. Catching my eye contact he just winked. I quickly turned toward Mr. Choi trying to cover my blushed features, but I could swear I heard him chuckle at me.

“Okay, the way this competition starts is that when the lights turn off, you are to find your partner on the other side of the room. Once a couple is formed they are to be chained together and find the way out of this soon to be dark room and into the forest. There would be a path, follow it and the first ones to make it through the finish line would get a free pass to just relax and do anything you want without joining us for the next activities if you wish to do so.”

“Alright! This should be easy~” Students shouted with glee.

“BUT! This task is a lot harder than you think.” Mr. Choi pressured. “ As you can see, it’s getting dark soon and things just might happen during this time in the forest. Traps are set up everywhere on that trail so be careful and don’t get lost.”

Everyone quieted down and only murmurs are heard. What kind of activity is this! I don’t want to die!! “We are now passing the handcuffs to the girls, they are the one responsible to lock in them and their partners.” The handcuffs were passed around and when I felt the silver cuffs landed on my hand I shivered. I turned to the side and saw Hee Young looking toward the boys, eyes piercing at one of them. I followed her gazed and it landed on Yoseob. No, because he’s mine..wait, when did I started to get possessive? Either way, I’m not letting that happen.

I couldn’t hear anything but all I saw was Mr. Choi’s mouth moving, his arm raised up, and right when he swiped it down the lights turned off. Something kicked in me and I just ran forward like all the psychotic students who were screaming and running into each other.

My eyes adjusted into the darkness, and I saw him! I saw that familiar figure and right when I was reaching out to him..*CLICK*..my hand was chained to someone else’s!! Impossible! Only girls can do this!

I was yanked away and soon the breeze outside hit my face telling me I was now outside. “Yah! Let go!” This person dragged me off the path and into a different part of the woods. It released me and turned around facing me, with the moon’s light I finally saw her. “H-Hee Young.” I stuttered.

She sighed and avoided eye contact with me. “Why?” I asked her.

“I couldn’t find another way to talk to you.” She cleared . Oh dear lord, am I going to die now!?! One more thing, Hee Young is smart, y, and knows JUDO!

I took in a deep breath, well at least now we’re alone I can finally tell her I’m – “I’m sorry.” O.O..huh? that wasn’t from my mouth. “I’m sorry.” Hee Young repeated. Did I hear that right? “Oh gosh, close your mouth.”

“Ah! Oops,” I was just too shocked I didn’t realize it opened. “What for?”

She looked up at me and that’s when I knew she was actually sincere. “For everything. I have always underestimated you, I always thought I was better in some ways and you were just useless,” Yes, thank you for pointing that out =.= “But then, for once I saw how special you actually are for someone, and I just wished I had someone like that.” she smiled.

“Huh? And who would that be?”

 Her smiled turned to a frown and she narrowed her eyes at me. “You really are clueless are you?”

“What?”

“Ae Mi!” His voiced called out from the distant for me. We both turned to look, but we were surrounded by trees and couldn’t see anything.

“Yoseob?”

Hee Young giggled. “That man would just not stop asking questions about you when I’m with him.”

“What do you mean?” I asked and cocked my head to the side.

She rolled her eyes. “Geez you’re dense sometimes,” she cupped her hands around and announced it clearly. “He, Yoseob, likes you!”

My eyes widen at her response. W-what? “Ae Mi! We found you.” I turn to face Yoseob and saw him panting, alongside him was Hyun Joong. He was looking for me? Why? He gave out a sharp gasp seeing Hee Young and pointed at her. “Did she hurt you!?!”

“What!?! Yah! Why would I do that! She’s my cousin for god sakes, I’m not a murderer!” Hee Young shouted out.

Yoseob walked up to me and landed both hands on my shoulders. “I knew something was up, when I didn’t see you.”

“You were waiting for me?”

He faked a cough and rubbed the back of his neck. “Oh yeah, ‘cause you know…” and after that was just a jumble of words. I laughed at his dorkiness, face palming myself. He stopped talking in gibberish and blushed.

“Do I have to stand and see this?” Hee Young asked raising an annoyed eyebrow. She maybe a drama queen, but today I learned that she actually has a heart.

“Come on, let’s go and win this thing.” He smiled.

“Um, I think it’s a little too late for winning.”

“So,” He grabbed my handcuff and chained us together. “at least I’m with you.”

I flushed and looked down at our joined hands. We clasped hands and he suddenly dragged me out of that area toward the finish line.

Hee Young stood there and puffed her cheeks mad. Hyun Joong chuckled at her expression, but his chuckling soon stopped as a click heard. “I guess you’re not half bad.” She smirked.

 

 

Passing through all those fake ghosts that appear and the hands from under the ground reaching for  your ankle, we finally reached the finished line. Most of the students were already there, but the most surprising thing was the winners.

“Congrats to Lee Hyun Jae and Son Dongwoon.” Mr. Choi announced.

“What!?!” Me, Nam Kyu, and the rest of Beast shouted in unison.

There stood on the stage was a panting Dongwoon covered in dirt and twigs all over his hair. And there was Hyun Jae, spotless, no more like, shining!

As they came down we all rushed to them. “You guys became partners!?!” Nam Kyu asked with shockness (that is not a word XD!)

Hyun Jae sighed in disappointment. “Apparently, I was looking for someone more valuable so I can win the race, but I got him instead.”

“Yah! Coming from a girl who dragged me through the forest, I should be the one who’s complaining.” Dongwoon shouted at her, but she just waved her hand at him like nothing.

And that pretty much was the end of our interesting camp trip. The rest of the days was just a big zoom through.

 

 

I let out a big yawn, as it was the first day to be back at school and class was just ending. Perfect, I can just go home and sleep.

“Wah! He’s right there!! He’s waiting by the gate for someone! UWAH~ so cute!! I think I saw him at the trip with us! So hot~~” Girls were screaming and looking out the windows at someone, look hard enough and you just might fall. But I was completely oblivious to everything, until Nam Kyu slammed her hands on my desk as I was packing up and Hyun Jae sitting at the edge of it, drinking her square juice box.

“What?” I asked seeing Nam Kyu’s big grin that might look a little too creepy.

“Your boyfriend is waiting for you.”

I flushed at hearing that statement and turned away embarrassingly. Oh yeah, I never told them. ^^’

I walked out of the school building with Nam Kyu and Hyun Jae, and saw every girl surrounding Yoseob. Oh boy~. As I got closer I saw that he was talking happily with Hee Young. What the! Of course I was mad! She just told me that she’ll back off and now this!?! I stomped toward them and when Yoseob noticed me he smiled and raised his hand to wave at me. “Yo, Ae Mi.”

I think I have heart problems, if he keeps doing that I might die. “Hey, Yoseob.” I shyly wave back.

“EH~ Ae Mi! You know him!?! AE MI!!” All the girls went into ruckus. He laughed and stretched out his hand for me to take it. “Let’s get out of here, I need to tell you something.” I turn to look at Hee Young and she just smiled secretly, I look back at Nam Kyu and Hyun Jae seeing their confused expression just as mine. I took his hand and instantly we interlocked fingers, my face heated up and he just smiled lamely.

 

We were in that bubble tea store that we first went to when we met. I sipped my drink, while he looked so nervous and was fidgeting. “You wanted to tell me something?”

“Ah! Yeah, um, how to say this without being cheesy….” He mumbled to himself. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. “Well, I was talking to Hee Young and she told me that—“

“Oh my gosh! She didn’t tell you about my sleeping habit did she!?!” I freaked out. She better not tell him about that! It’s so embarrassing!!

“Wait, what?” He grinned, but I know he wanted to laugh.

“It wasn’t that? Oh then, never mind.” I turned around and continued drinking hoping he’ll forget my outburst just now.

“Tell me!” He tempted.

“No! It’s not important! Just say what you wanted to tell me!”

He laughed at me, that idiot. “I wanted to ask,” He in a deep breath. “If you wanted to be my real girlfriend?” I just stared at him. “Oh gosh! I know that was a cheesy way of asking, but I couldn’t find a cooler way to say it okay!”

“W-what?”

He blushed deeply. “You don’t have to say yes if you don’t want to, but let’s not be fake anymore. I want this to be real.”

I smiled and was about to reply but—“YOU GUYS WERE A FAKE COUPLE!?!?!?!?!” Out of a tiny little tree and the tables behind them popped out Beast and her two friends.

“You two were fake and didn’t tell us!?!”

“Why use the fakeness in the first place!?!”

“Was is us that was pressuring you guys to lie!?!”

“Why are we the last to find out!?!”

“Yeah! Hyun Joong and Hee Yound already knew!?!” They all shouted at once and we are now entangled in their big ruckus.

“Yah! What are you guys talking about? We can’t be fake if we’re already together.” Everyone stopped in their motion and stared at me.

Yoseob, in the middle of Beast head locking him, asked excitedly. “Does that mean ayes!?!”

Yes!

Doojoon was the one head locking him, let go. “Aw~ forget it and lets just congrats the new couple.”

“HOORAY~” Everyone shouted and gave out words of congrats.

“Guys we aren’t getting married or anything.” I said between squishes of Hyun Jae and Nam Kyu.

“Maybe someday.” His voice was right by my ear as his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me out of my friends embrace into his own. “But for now, I’ll love to get to know you more. And to start it off, what is your sleeping habit?” Yoseob asked in a teasing smile.

“Oh shut up.” I pushed his face away, he laughed but quickly stopped and grabbed my hand away from his face. Only to pull me into an unexpected kiss. I slowly melted and kissed him back with as much determination.

Behind us everyone threw confetti everywhere(idk how they got that XD) as if the restaurant was theirs and Dongwoon was pounding a spoon on the table saying “Ajumma! Some soju over here for the lovely couple.”

Hyun Jae had to side slap him to get his senses back. “This is a bubble tea store, if you haven’t noticed.”

The rest of the day was just basically celebration, sometimes I wonder how our friends are so crazy. But then again "Who ever knew two fictional lies can lead to one fact"