~Two~

Say Goodnight, Say Goodbye

 

"So I know this is supposed to be a girl and guy dance, if you want you can pretend I'm the girl."  Taemin said.

"Isn't the boy supposed to lead?" Minho asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, not when he can't really dance.  But still put your hands on my waist but a little bit lower."  Taemin told him and when he felt Minho's hands too high he put his hands over his to guide them a bit lower.

 

Minho couldn't believe what Taemin was doing.  He never thought he would be grabbing him and he didn't think he would be so confident in something.  Then again he should've known better, dancing was Minnie's area of expertise.

 

Minnie was leading him, like a man.  Their bodies were close together and they danced a set of latin songs, but what Minnie forgot is that he was playing the Spanish playlist and a ballad came on.

 

'La última vez' it has been such a long time since I heard it.

 

Taemin couldn't help but close his eyes and get completely closer to Minho.  Minho listened to the melody, it sounded really sad.  Suddenly he was also entranced in the song and rested his chin on top of Taemin's head.  The maknae's heart started beating faster when he realized he had Minho wrapping him in his arms as if he was protecting him.

 

Soon enough the end of the song came and Minho's lips were pressed on Taemin's forehead.  Taemin opened his eyes in shock.

 

"That was a sad song Minnie.  Even if you can't understand it, it makes you feel sad."  Minho said while caressing Taemin's cheeks trying to hide his nervousness.

"Minnie can I tell you something?"  Minho asked carefully while Taemin just nodded.  "I was hoping to spend time in your birthday with you and I was incredibly glad your sister asked me."

Taemin looked at Minho a bit disappointed just because of mentioning his sister.

"Hey don't pout, because I came here voluntarily, because of you."  Minho said as if reading his thoughts.  Since he wasn't responding Minho just pecked his lips.

"Do I need to peck away the pout or full on kiss it to make it go away?" Minho asked playfully making Taemin blush.

 

Just when Minho was about to say something else Taemin's alarm went off.  He went to check on it and realized it was the alarm for leaving to his cousin's house, not the one for him to get ready.

 

"Hyung, I'm so sorry I need to get ready to go."  Taemin said without even turning off the music and ran up to shower.

 

Meanwhile Minho decided to stay and clean up after them.

 

3:00 p.m.

 

Ding Dong

 

"Oh here is the birthday boy and my favorite maknae." said the Dino lookalike before hugging a panting Taemin.

"Hey Jong, where's Onew?"  Taemin asked quickly to know how on guard would he have to be.

"He's out buying banana milk for you, he'll be back soon."  Jonghyun said motioning for him to sit on the couch.  "So what kind of movie do you want to see so I can look for it while Onew gets home."  Jonghyun asked.

"Is it bad if I ask for a romantic movie?"  Taemin asked shyly.  He didn't want to watch the usual comedy or action movie today.  He felt distressed about what had happened with Minho that he just wanted to have his thoughts clouded with a fantasy.

"Not at all Minnie, today is your day." Jonghyun said and left to the storage room where they kept the video games and movies.

 

Come to think about it something was odd.  Usually Jonghyun would ask Taemin to accompany him or even try to flirt with him but he hadn't been anything more than friendly.

 

"Jonghyun hyung, is it me or are you strange today?" Taemin asked standing at the doorframe of the storage room.

"Oh you noticed?  I was just trying to give you peace on your birthday but if you miss it let me know."  He said and winked, Taemin just shook his head and went to the living room.

 

3:40 p.m.

 

"I'm here I'm here!  Sorry I took so long, just had a bit of a strange run in."  Onew said while putting the banana milk in the refrigerator.

"With who?"  Jong asked curiously.

"With Kibum.  Anyways happy birthday my dear cousin.  And hey, how bout my present, Jong being all calm and all huh?"  Onew said smiling all proud of himself.

"You spent the money on chicken didn't you?"  Taemin asked with a serious face although he didn't really care.

"Jong was away the whole week so I had to take advantage of that miraculous oportunitie Minnie.  It almost never happens!"  Onew said excitedly as if it hadn't passed already.

"Well Minnie here chose the romantic genre and I got us three choices.  Care to choose the winner chicken boy?"  Jong teased.

"Of course dino-puppy."  Onew joked.

 

50 First Dates.  That's the movie that was chosen at the end.  Taemin knew why Onew chose it.  The only way Taemin would ask for a romantic movie was if he was depressed or feeling hopeless, and either feeling wasn't a good one.  At least that movie had two comedians in it.  Halfway through the movie Onew received a text.

 

"Um sorry guys but is it alright if you continue dinner without me?  Something urgent came up."  Onew said apologizing.

"Its okay hyung, we can finish some other day."  Taemin said standing up.

"No Minnie, its alright.  You guys finish.  I already cooked dinner and its in the oven, just heat it up a bit and it'll be fine.  Jong, hands off the maknae and take care of him."  Onew ordered and left in a hurry.

 

Truth was he was texting back and forth with Taeyeon about Taemin's behavior.  Things had never been the same since his father left and Taemin being used to a boarding school before having to leave it suddenly made him a more fragile soul.  Anyways once Onew received a message from Taeyeon saying that she may know what caused his behavior that afternoon he quickly went to meet up with her.

 

Taemin had his legs up in the couch, sitting in the far left while Jong was sitting on the right.  Jong grabbed the maknae's legs and put them over his lap causing Minnie to look away from the TV.

 

"Just going to massage your feet, nothing else.  You looked stressed."  Jong said with the most innocent tone he could pull off.  He was sincerely being nice, but it didn't make him stop his joy because of the fact that he was touching the maknae and Onew was gone.

 

Its not like he wanted to go too far with Minnie but he did like the boy and had never gotten to truly know his deepest secrets.  But what he knew was enough for him to be smitten even if it might've been considered ia, or maybe just by Onew because age is nothing but a simple number.

 

"Hey, want to tell me what's wrong?" Jong decided to ask.  He was feeling a bit bother by the boy's quietness.

"Nothing.."  He drifted off and made himself more comfortable on the couch.

"Well I do want to tell you something."  Jong said and suddenly feeling a pair of eyes staring at him made him feel unsure.  But he decided to say it anyways.

"Minnie.  I don't know how to say this but here it goes.  I've always been flirty and stuff because is the only way I know to let a guy know that I like him..  I know Onew made you think otherwise and I might be a bit older than you but I have to confess I like you a lot.  I love your innocence and when you're so bubbly and happy and I feel like I want to be the reason for that happiness.  I know it might seem sudden but for me it's not.  And I know you are young and might not understand why am I even saying this but I just wanted to get it out there."

 

 

 

For the ones that might want to read my blabbing well here it goes.  I wasn't able to continue the whole story last weekend as I had programmed.  Right after I posted the first part I got a call.  The reason was the maknae of the family was born at that moment.  I'm ridiculously happy because I'm never going to forget her birthday because it's also Taemin's birthday wujuuu.  Also the slow song called "La última vez" is by Cinco de Enero, and its one of my favorite songs.  Here is a link if you want to listen to it.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pO37DRalXU