~One~

Say Goodnight, Say Goodbye

 

 

"Good morning sweetheart."  His mom cheered with a small banana nut cake in her hands.  His sister Taeyeon right behind her.  They both started singing their little Taemin happy birthday joyfully.  Even though they were both busy with work they always made sure to keep record with all the important dates in their small family.

"Aww, my Taeminnie is growing big.  Should I call you oppa?"  Taeyeon joked and stuck her tongue out.

"Don't start Taeyeon.  Anyways sweetie we'll have a celebratory dinner tonight once we get home back from work."  His mother smiled and left the cake on his bedside table before going to get ready.

"Oh and Minnie, Minho will be picking you up.  You need to be active and healthy before leaving so he's going to take you for a workout.  Be ready by 10."  Taeyeon winked and left.

 

Taeyeon knew Minho had been Taemin's crush since forever.  Who wouldn't like a great athlete that was really good looking and smart as a boyfriend.  Taemin knew Minho was bi because he eavesdropped on his conversation with his sister that time and ever since then he tried to stay away from Minho, trying to keep his feelings in check.

 

9:30 a.m.

 

"Not even close to getting ready huh?"  Taemin heard and almost jumped out of his skin.

"Geez Minho you scared me!"  Taemin said with a hand on his chest.

"And I'm going to be more scary if you don't go now to get ready for your workout."

Does it involve whips?  OMG Taemin since when with those thoughts!..  I blame my weird hormones.

"Fine, I'll go.  I can just kill Taeyeon later."  He said going up the stairs.

"Or thank her!" Minho shouted after him.

 

Taemin went to get ready.  He didn't know where those thoughts came from since he had never thought of anything like that with Minho.  Then again he had never done anything normally according to society's standards about his age and .  He showered quickly and put on a pair of basketball shorts and his t-shirt, covering himself up quickly, and then putting his shoes on.

 

As he went down the stairs he was becoming anxious of how will the workout go.

 

"9:57, nice.  We can go earlier and finish earlier."  Minho said getting up from the couch.

Nice, less time.  I only like my workout while dancing.

 

Both went out of the house, Minho trying to keep his composure while Taemin had no clue what Minho had in mind.  Taeyeon had an idea but being a good friend to Minho she didn't ask why did he agree so eagerly to keep the maknae company on his birthday.

 

Reality was Taeyeon and her mother felt guilty for not being able to spend time with Taemin on his birthday, but they both had to work to support their family.  Minnie didn't have many friends on his own and his best friend was their cousin Onew.  She wanted her little brother to spend time with someone else rather than Onew.  Then again she thought it was kind of like a present since she knew Taemin was crushing on her best friend.

 

"Okay so what do you say if we just run here around the park for a while.  If you can't keep up with me its fine, but lets meet in 15 minutes by the monkey bars alright?"  Minho asked in the sweetest way, something Taemin never expected from him.

"Sure I guess but I didn't bring my watch with me."  Taemin shrugged.

Minho chuckled and ruffled Taemin's hair.  "Its alright, I'll come looking for you if you don't appear.  But if you sing about three songs and a half in your mind that would probably take up 15 minutes."  He said and disappeared running with a smile.

 

Taemin was still shocked about feeling Minho's hand, on his head but still.  It was the closest they had ever come in contact since he found out Minho's secret.  He jogged not wanting to waste much of his energy since he was still going to spend the afternoon with Onew.  It probably meant they would have dinner and joke around in Onew's apartment, probably Jonghyun would be there too.  The thought made Taemin nervous.

 

Jonghyun would make him very nervous every time he went over to their apartment.  He kept flirting with the maknae in a teasing way and only once did he respond and the older laughed.  Taemin made sure to not pay any more attention to the puppy-like person just to not get hurt or made fun of.  But he couldn't deny how y the older was, but he knew for a fact that he was a playboy and he understood, someone with those looks and charm should be able to get anything they want.

 

Suddenly Minnie felt a pair of hands holding onto his waist and he slowed down to a stop.

 

"Hey, I've been calling you for a while.  You seemed distracted.  The 15 minutes are up."  Taemin shook his head, clearing it from his thoughts and nodded.

"Let's go to the monkey bars."  Minho said and grabbed the younger's hand to walk over to the monkey bars.

 

Taemin could feel it, he was shaking of nervousness.  Minho noticed it and grabbed his hand tighter.  Even when they reached the monkey bars he didn't let go.

 

"Tae, you're shaking.  Are you alright?"  Minho said concerned and looked straight into Taemin's eyes, making him immediately look elsewhere.

"Yeah I guess."

"I think we shouldn't exercise anymore."

"Why?"  Taemin asked surprised.

"You're shaking, and you can fall from the monkey bars like that.  Have you eaten well?"  Minho asked grabbing Tae's other hand.

"Birthday cake." Taemin smiled innocently hoping it would work.

 

Minho turned around and bent down a bit.

"Get on.  I'm taking you home and making you eat a proper meal."  Minho said with such authority that even if Taemin wanted to say no he knew he should just shut up and listen.

 

11:00 a.m.

 

Minho had made them a heavy and healthy brunch.  Taemin was even surprised that healthy food existed in his house, then again Taeyeon was also a fitness freak so that could be it.  They ate in silence and Taemin could've sworn that Minho kept stealing glances at him.  But no, that couldn't be true, why would Minho do that?

 

"What do you want to do now after eating?" Minho broke the silence.

"What?  Aren't you my trainer for today?"  Taemin was confused.

"Well it is your birthday, any type of workout you want is good for me."

 

Taemin tried to push away any weird thoughts but hanging around in Onew's apartment with the kings of ertedness didn't help.

 

"Why don't I teach you how to dance salsa?" Taemin asked trying to sound as innocent as possible, but truth was, he just wanted to feel Minho's hands on him again.

"Sure, that would be great."  Minho said and wink.

 

Taemin had to do a double take to realize he did see correctly.  It was going to be more interesting than he thought.

 

12 m.d.

 

He brought Minho up to his room and put some music on.  Minho had already gotten used to the feel of the music.  Taemin was eager to start the teaching "hands on".

 

"Okay, so just follow these simple steps."  Taemin said as he was gaining courage to show someone he liked the moves he kept to himself.  He went with the flow, he was meant to be a dancer and you could tell.

Minho had his eyes fixated on the maknae's hips, there wasn't anything else he could do.  He tried doing the same steps but failed.

"You're too good." Minho said.

"Well I guess we get along better with different types of exercise.  How about we try something different.  Just close your eyes and let me guide you."  Taemin said.  This was his area of expertise, the one he was most confident in.  He was determined to show him something good and exciting.