Welcome to EXO Swim Club!

EXO Swim Club

It was the first day of university life and Do Kyungsoo was more than excited. After living with his parents for the past eighteen years of his life, he was finally on his own with his own dorm, free of all mandatory parental constraints. At first he had been a little nervous about meeting his roommate, as although Kyungsoo usually had no trouble getting along with others, the fact that he would be spending the next year with a complete stranger was a bit scary. But luckily, his roommate, Oh Sehun, was quiet and reserved and respected his wish to keep the room tidy and clean at all times.

He had moved into his dorm four days ago, and after meeting his roommate and quickly unpacking, he  immediately ran to the place he would spend the majority of his evenings in: the kitchen. Although he had to share it with the rest of his floor mates, he doubted anyone else would really use it, especially since popular cafes surrounded the university's campus. He had brought along his favorite pots and cooking utensils, labeled them with his name (though he doubted he even needed to bother), and immediately proceeded to the local grocery store to stock up the fridge.

By the time he had unloaded all of the groceries into the fridge, it was time for dinner. Thinking this was as good a time as any to get closer with his roommate, he invited Sehun to eat with him. Making his famous kimchi spaghetti, he was sure he had gained a friend in his roommate if the grin had anything to show.

With his first day of life on campus proving to go well, Kyungsoo was excited to have a fun first day of classes. Though in reality, he knew that the classes would be short and boring as the professors would only go over the class syllabus and answer questions. That was alright with him as he really only cared about what was happening at 4:00: the club fair. If there was one easy way to make some friends, joining a club would be the best way.

As Kyungsoo loved to cook, he was extremely excited to visit the cooking club. There was just one minor delay in his trip there, in the form of one particular Oh Sehun.

"Sehun, can't you go visit clubs on your own?" Kungsoo asked, exasperated with the younger boy who would not let go of his arm.

"But Kyungsoo! I don't want to go by myself and I only know you! Please~" he whined, tugging at the older's arm with a pout. After living with Sehun for four days, Kyungsoo had gotten closer with the younger and was thus subjugated to his seemingly endless amounts of aegyo, which he had yet to get used to.

With a sigh, he let himself get dragged by Sehun to a nearby building, putting off his visit to the cooking club to appease the younger. As they entered, Kyungsoo was immediately struck with the smell of sweat and metal, signifying that he was in one of the many recreational buildings the campus had. Kyungsoo wasn't a fan of sports and never had been. He'd much rather be enjoying himself with baking than run around and get sweaty. It wasn't that he at sports, rather, he was average in them and they did not interest him.

But they obviously interested Sehun, as he was practically dragging Kyungsoo in his excitement, forgetting that the older could not walk as fast as him due to his shorter legs.

"Yah, Sehun! Slow down before you rip my arm off!" he shouted, tugging his arm in vain. Suddenly Sehun threw open a door, and as Kyungsoo was dragged through, the strong smell of chlorine struck his nose. As Sehun finally came to a halt and Kyungsoo could catch his breath, he realized just what club Sehun had wanted to visit: the swim club.

The only club Kyungsoo had no intention of visiting was the very club his lovely roommate had dragged him to. The university's swim club did not have the best reputation, as over a mere four days, Kyungsoo had heard nothing but how the club was full of players who loved to prance around half- so much that they had formed a club to do just that. And as of now, the rumors appeared 100% true, as Kyungsoo noticed not one person was in the water, but they were shirtless and goofing around.

From where Kyungsoo stood, he could see the eight notorious members of the club he had heard so much about (not that he was interested). There was a group of two mismatched people, a midget and a giant, who both seemed to be pestering a kind-faced boy, who was yelling at a straight faced boy by the corner kitchen ('Is that a kitchen?!'). Near him was a snickering boy who continually glanced at another chubby boy who appeared to be in a heated conversation with another giant. Right next to where Kyungsoo and Sehun stood was another member, a blonde doll who looked at them in surprise.

The three stood there staring at each other until the doll unfroze and shouted excitedly "FRESHMEN!'

The other members stopped what they were doing and looked towards the direction of the doll. Upon seeing the two visitors, they hurriedly ran to greet them.

"No running on the deck!" the boy who was just being harassed a minute ago shouted at his harassers.

Sehun and Kyungsoo were quickly attacked by the half- men, the eight of them crowding around the freshmen in excitement.

"Freshmen already?"

"And there're two of them!"

"Oh my gosh! Look at this cutie!" one of the giants exclaimed, pinching Kyungsoo's  cheeks.

"Damn, another giant?"

"Hey, take your shirt off!" the snickering boy started tugging at Sehun's

"Chen! Don't scare them away!" the kind-faced boy said, shoving him aside. "OKAY! EVERYONE BACK UP!" he shouted over them, pushing them away from the two visitors. "I said back up Chanyeol!" he whacked the giant who pinched Kyungsoo's cheeks. By the time everyone had moved away from the two, Kyungsoo felt totally man-handled and Sehun's smile had faltered a little (due to him almost being forced to strip).

"I'm sorry for their behavior. They're all a BUNCH OF KIDS" he turned to yell at them, "but they don't mean any harm." he clapped his hands in excitement. "So are you both interested in the swimming club?"

Kyungsoo glanced at the smiling boy in front of him apologetically. "Sorr-GAH!" a sharp jab to his side by Sehun's elbow stopped him.

"Yes, we are both interested." he smiled, ignoring Kyungsoo's glare.

The boy's smile grew even bigger. "I'm so glad! My name's Kim Joonmyun, but they," he pointed to the other members who by then had started a water gun fight, knowing they wouldn't be able to have any more fun with the visitors, " call me Suho. You can call me with whichever name you want. I'm the president of this club, so if you have any questions, you can ask me!" he exclaimed smiling.

Kyungsoo bowed to him. "It's nice to meet, Joonmyun-ssi, but I have to g- YEEOUCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" He spun around to glare at Sehun again. This time, Sehun had pinched his side, hard.

"For now we just want look around. If we have any questions, we'll definitely come to you." he gave the president a sweet smile.

Eyeing the two's odd behavior, he shrugged. "Be careful by the pool." he warned, then walked away, leaving them to explore on their own.

Irritated with Sehun's treatment towards him, Kyungsoo spun around towards the door to leave, only to be blocked by the doll from earlier.

"Sehunnie! So you're going to join?" the doll asked, hiz large doe eyes peering at the taller boy in front of him.

Sehun smiled at him. "Yeah hyung, I really like swimming so..." he trailed off, getting lost in the other's eyes.

"Yeah, swimming, huh." Kyungsoo muttered, earning another sharp elbow jab from an irritated Sehun. "OUCH! What the heck?! Why do you keep doing that?" he yelled, only to be met with an innocent look. "Fine. If you're going to keep being mean to me, then I'm leaving." Kyungsoo spun around and stomped to the door, half expecting Sehun to grab his arm. Instead, a soft voice followed after him.

"You're leaving already?" Kyungsoo turned back to see the doll.  Big mistake.

He met with the other's huge, innocent doe eyes. "You're leaving? But you haven't even looked around." Kyungsoo fought against caving into the other. "I'm sorry, but I only came here because Sehun didn't want to come alone."

"What? So does that mean you’re not even interested in our swim club?" his eyes widened in shock.

Those damn eyes. Making him feel regretful over nothing. "I'm sorry, but I'm planning on joining the  cooking club, not the swim club."

"You cook?" he asked surprised.

"Yes, that's why I wanted to join the cooking club and not-"

"He makes some wicked kimchi spaghetti, hyung." Sehuh remarked, winking at the older. The older winked back.

"Really? Well before you go to the cooking club, at least have a quick look around. For me?"

Kyungsoo was about to decline his offer, but one last look at those eyes and he caved. Damn eyes.

"Fine." he replied, getting dragged for the second time that day.

"I'm Luhan, by the way. And you are Sehun's..."

"Roommate, Do Kyungsoo." he replied, bowing.

"Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo." he smiled. "Since you need to go soon, I'll just give you a quick tour. Here is our locker room," he pointed to a set of doors close to them, "the other side has the girl's locker room, but since we don't have any girls in our club, it's never used. Here is our kitchen, though it's really supposed to be a food stand" Kyungsoo's eyes lit up at the mention of his favorite place (which Luhan didn't miss). "And finally our pool." They stopped in front of the 25 meter pool, watching the calm blue water as nobody was swimming in it.

Smiling at his new acquaintance, Kyungsoo bid his goodbyes. "Thank you for the tour. It's time that I head to the cooking clu-"

"Wait! You haven't met our resident chef yet!" Luhan exclaimed, grabbing onto his arm tightly. "You have to meet him first!"

Before Kyungsoo could even speak, the deer called for the other club member to come over. "Lay! Come over here and meet Kyungsoo! Quick!"

The straight faced boy he had seen earlier walked up to them, stopping right in front of them. "Kyungsoo, this is Lay, our club's chef. Lay, this is Sehunnie's roommate, Kyungsoo. He also likes to cook." Kyungsoo bowed to the older as he smiled in greeting, not noticing Luhan disappearing from his side and heading to the mismatched duo, currently in a heavy battle of water guns.

"It's nice to meet you, Kyungsoo. Do you plan on joining the swimming club?"

"Er, no, I just came with Sehun because he asked me to. I'm planning on joining the cooking  club."

"Oh really? Well I hope you have fun there." he replied, much to Kyungsoo's gratitude. He was afraid Lay was going to attempt to persuade him to join his club.

"Well, I should go now. It was nice meeting yo-" Suddenly, Kyungsoo felt something large and hard bump into his back, propelling him forward into the unsuspecting club cook. With the dual forces of Kyungsoo's forward momentum and the water on the deck, Lay stumbled and lost his balance, falling right into the pool and sinking like a rock.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" the giant said, quickly apologizing to the winded Kyungsoo.

"I-I'm fine, but Lay-"

"OH MY GOSH! LAY!" Luhan screamed, rushing to the edge of the pool. "LAY!" The other members of the club rushed over in the commotion.

"Luhan, what's wrong?" Joonmyun asked, scared as the deer rarely screamed.

"Lay! Lay fell in the water! And he still can't swim!" he wailed, his eyes becoming teary.

Joonmyun gasped and looked into the pool, noticing the bubbles that were gradually starting to decrease in the water. "I'll get him!" he shouted and immediately dove into the pool.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo stood frozen, shocked that because of him, a member of the club who couldn't even swim was pushed into the pool and currently drowning. All because of him.

Seconds later, Joonmyun emerged from the water with a limp Lay, the other members crowding around the edge to help them out of the water. Together they pulled them out, laying Lay down, who was currently struggling for air as he coughed water out of his lungs. Joonmyun crawled over to him, asking if he was okay and making sure he didn't go into shock.

After several minutes and everyone calmed down, Kyungsoo finally spoke. "I-I'm really sorry." he said, bowing low. "I-I wasn't paying attention and-"

"No it's fine. Chanyeol-"

"No, it's not fine! Because of Kyungsoo, Lay almost drowned. He could have died," Luhan exclaimed, his eyes wet with tears.

"I'm sorry! If there's anything I can do to apologize I'll do it!" Kyungsoo cried, full of regret for his actions.

"Anything?" Luhan asked, his voice rough with tears.

"Anything! I promise!" Kyungsoo exclaimed.

And just like that, the atmosphere of the club  changed. The giant named Chanyeol who had bumped into Kyungsoo stood up with a grin and grabbed the twenty dollar bill from Luhan's hand, and said deer's eyes immediately dried and a smirk replaced his frown.

"You said it~" he sung bouncing over to Kyungsoo, grabbing his hands and pinky promising. Kyungsoo stared at him blankly, completely bewildered.

"W-what?"

"You got dooped by the deer." Chen, the guy who had tried to strip Sehun remarked, patting his shoulder as he walked by.

Seeing the blank expression on his roommate's face, Sehun explained to him. "He set you up and had Chanyeol run into you so you would accidently push Lay, who can't swim, into the water. Then you'd feel guilty and try to apologize in any way possible."

Kyungsoo stared at him.

"Welcome to the EXO Swim Club, Chef Kyungsoo!" Luhan shouted in glee.

"W-what? No, I'm supposed to join the cooking club, n-not the swim club." he whined, realizing just how bad he had been set up.

"You promised!" Luhan shouted.

Kyungsoo turned to Sehun for help, but the other had already run after the deer. Glancing around, he noticed all of the club members grinning at him. He was tricked by a deer. And now he was trapped in the swim club.

"NOOOOO~!" He groaned in defeat, collapsing on the ground.

"Now we can finally have kimchi spaghetti!" someone exclaimed, happy despite the new member's misery.

And despite all of the happenings surrounding the newest member of the club, Lay sat on the ground trying to catch his breath after he was sacrificed by his own club members for the sake of kimchi spaghetti.

 

 

___

A/N

Chapter 1 is up!! ^^

Saturday I decided to finally watch the first episode of Free! and... I hope nobody is expecting this fanfic to be similar to the anime because it is definitaly not going to be. Though there will be swimming... eventually. :P

Not all of the members appeared in this chapter, but next chapter they will!

I hope you enjoyed it!!!

Comment and subscribe!

Oh! And a shout out to all of my subbies already! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3