It Was The Past

The Scorpion Tattoo

 

It was a truth that everything could happened in a room that contained only with two person. Mind got blur and all the thing you could do was believe in the truth, the hearts of those persons. With the thought of that, Junmyeon got his way to kiss Kris’ lips.

The kiss was too sweet for Joonmyun so he could lose his control only with the touch. He knew he was completly fall for that man in front of him, the tall man who was holding him, wraping him on his safe embrace. The kiss was just simple, no one wanted for more. They were just enjoying each others’ presence in that kind of distance, the closest distance they had had for this long except of sharing a hug.

Kris broke the kiss and whispered, “I love you, Joonmyun-ah.”

Instead of leaving Joonmyun, Kris grabbed Joonmyun’s waist and turned him so that the smaller body then leaned to the counter and his tall body pinned the other one, “You are the one who allows me to do these things, right? So, don’t ever regret it.”

Kris started to lean closer again, aiming those reddened lips. Joonmyun could only shut his eyes closed tightly, afraid and anticipating in one time. The warm breath already blew on his lips but that soft touch wasn’t come. Kris stopped right there only to said, “Can I?”

Joonmyun opened his eyes slowly to look to the other pair one. He smiled and nudged their noses, chuckled softly. Joonmyun plant a peck on Kris’ lips and the latter replied with another kiss for Joonmyun. Lips apart, they deepened the kiss. Kris’ hands were moving on Junmyeon’s waist and back, bring him closer even he knew they were already that close, while Junmyeon’s hands were draping between Kris’ arms, groping the back of Kris’ grey cardigan, trying to find support for his position.

Soft moans were turning louder as Kris’ made the kiss sloppier. The grip of Junmyeon’s fingers on Kris’ shoulder tightened, bringing the cardigan to slide down Kris sweaty arms. Their bodies were burning in lust. The hot day was getting hot and the clothes they wore just felt like a burden. Junmyeon felt like pulling the cardigan of Kris down but than the corner of his eyes caught something different and unusual on the other arm.

He suddenly broke the kiss, pushing Kris away rather hard. Junmyeon’s eyes got wider and he brought his hands to cover his opened mouth, “That…”

“Why Junmyeon-ah? What’s…”

“Who are you to have that kind of tattoo? Are you a bad person?” Junmyeon tried to have as far as possible distance from the taller man.

“Of course I’m not, Baby,” Kris immediately put his cardigan back to cover a bit big scorpion tattoo on his left arm.

“It’s not a normal person do. It’s not something usual that another normal people have. You- you…”

“Junmyeon-ah. Believe me it has nothing to do with my personality now.”

“Now? So, you were that kind of person back then?”

“Junmyeon-ah. It’s not like what you are thinking…”

“I’m leaving!”

 

*****

 

Junmyeon’s POV

 

The tattoo, that scorpion tattoo arrogantly plestered on Kris’ left arm. Suddenly, the fear crept up my body. Unconsciously, I took many steps away from Kris. I never had had relation with anyone with tattoo before and I learned that a person with tattoo was a hoodlum or bad person.

The memory from my past automatically played in my brain, showing a group of bad persons were trying to ask for money by force. They also have similar things, the tattoo. The tattoo wasn’t something beautiful or usual. The one that Kris had was a big scorpion with an artistic touch that made its aura became strong, scary and impactful, and also it successfully made my body trembling in fear, “Who are you to have that kind of tattoo? Are you a bad person?”

“Of course I’m not, Baby,” Kris immediately put his cardigan back to cover his tattoo that made me terrified. He tried to come closer and made me calm, but it was really a waste. I was too shocked with the truth I’d just found.

Kris had never told me about this thing. Was he lying all this time? Was the gentle side of him a lie? I don’t know. What I was doing then, I was running with all of my strength, tried to reach as far as possible from his place. I ended on a bench on the park near Kris’ apartment.

I dropped my head on the bench, body didn’t have energy anymore. I let out a long sigh. To be honest, I cursed myself for being such a timid person with a lot of fears. I’m afraid and surprised with the fact that Kris had that kind of tattoo. But, to thought about it clearly, then I realized that I really knew nothing except all of Kris’ kindness, Kris’ who loved me, Kris who always smile warmly whenever he was with me. I’d never known about what was behind his deep stare, his not-so-much talk with another people, his tough expression, his tattoo on the left arm of him.

I deeply lowered my head when suddenly I felt my bench was a bit shaken. I took a glance to look for the cause and found a blonde haired tall man, “Kris!”

“In the end, I knew you won’t go far away. Just sit here for a while and drink this,” he put a bottle of mineral water on between us. He took quiet far gap between our positions. He calmly looked forward while I took a glance to the water.

“It was the past, Junmyeon-ah,” he sighed deeply and I stared right to him.

“I’m not that kind of person. It was the past. I’m not that kind of person,” he lowered his head and put his face on his palms, covered his face in frustration, “Just… Please I’m not the right person to be frightened of.”

Absent-mindedly, my mouth hung open. My mind was completely blank and couldn’t give any response to those words. It was the first time I saw him that frustrated. I kind of feeling a pang right inside my heart.

“I’m sorry that I’ve never told you about this,” he his left upper arm, “Actually I myself hate it now, but what could I do? It was permanent, right?” he chuckled darkly.

I could only stare at him and stayed quiet, still struggling to find the truth, assured my self that Kris wasn’t like what I’d thought before. Kris then turned his head and met my eyes, “You know that I love you. I tried my best not to force you or demand anything more from you, because I know you, I know what kind of person you are and I just want you to be by my side and slowly love me back so we can love each other equally.”

My heart was fluttering and I know the defense was melted by his sincerity. I mumbled, “I’m sorry…”

 

*****

 

I opened my eyes slowly only to find the sunlight was burning my uncovered body and an arm protectively wrapped around my waist. Another warm breath blew steadily against my forehead. I inhaled deeply, the fresh morning air mixed with the scent which I loved.

The person next to me was still deep in his dream land. I smiled as I saw his calm face. Suddenly, the thought of what had happened yesterday and last night hit my brain. I buried my face to his bare chest, hiding my reddened cheeks.

I saw again that thing and I brought my palm to caress that black colored tattoo on his left arm which was still laid on my waist. I still felt a bit scared but I got used to it. Somehow, it fit Kris. Yeah, I finally discovered another side of Kris which I didn’t know before.

“Hey, Baby. You wake up” Kris’ hoarse voice brought me back to life. I greeted him with a smile and he shifted his position so we got our more comfortable position.

It was a silence until I cleared my throat and said, “That… That tattoo…”

“Ah, this?” Kris pulled me again closer to him and slid his right arm under my head so I could lay my head on his bicep, “This is called Borneo Scorpion. Do you know that scorpion?”

“How could I know?” I pouted.

“This represents valiance and courage. This usually is got by Dayaki warriors who used to cut their enemies’ heads.”

My eyes got wider in horror, “Do you cut someone’s head?”

“Of course no, Junmyeon-ah,” he nudged my nose and chuckled.

“You don’t have to know how I got this. What you have to do now is taking a bath and than prepare breakfast for us.”

“I don’t want to do it.”

“Or should I cut your head?” Kris arm linked to my neck and started to choke me playfully and made me cough.

“I love you, Junmyeon-ah. Don’t ever doubt me even you don’t know about my past. Just love me the way I am now.”

 

**END**