First Kiss

The Scorpion Tattoo

“Why are you crying?” the low-toned voice suddenly made a man on the edge of the rooftop of a building turned his body, serched the source of the voice.

He found a tall body with sharp and deep eyes was staring at him, “Who are you?” he said in sob.

“Is it important?” he continued his step and get closer to the smaller man. The latter could only take some steps a back because somehow he felt the taller man was a bit dangerous with the deep stare he had.

“Wa-wait. What are you…” The question couldn’t be said properly because the taller man put the smaller body into his embrace, he hugged him, he let his head met his broad chest, like telling him that everything would be alright when he was on his embrace.

“Who are you to hug me like this?”

The yell was abandoned and finally the smaller man stopped his effort to get off from the embrace because he knew it would be a waste. Then, he couldn’t think about anything else besides crying again on his embrace, “Who are you? Please just let me go…”

The arm answered the question with a on the smaller man’s black hair. He ruffled the black hair and suddenly whispered, “Will you let me to protect you so you won’t cry like this anymore?”

The black-haired man popped his eyes open in disbelief. He couldn’t control his expression, even his breath became faster, so did his heartbeat. Finally, the tall man released him from his embrace, still put his arms on the shoulders and he leaned closer to get better view of the smaller man, “I’m Kris, Wu Kris. But you can call me by Kris, Joonmyun-ah.”

“Kri-kris?” the one who was being called Joonmyun hesitatingly brought his gazes to meet the other one. His gazes were shaken, his face started to burn. He believed, the color of his cheeks had changed into red and made him looked like a tomato. He still blinked in confusion and disbelief.

“So, will you?”

 

*****

 

Without him knowing, meeting Kris suddenly became a habit. Joonmyun surely didn’t say anything in response to the question that Kris had asked to him but knowing he was around, hanging out with him, even going out with him, those things made him felt safe and protected. So, he just accepted the condition as well. Even tough Kris hadn’t talk much, only with his presence, Joonmyun felt special. Slowly, he turned to love him, more.

Slowly, like a habit, he liked to see those deep eyes. Slowly, he felt comfortable with those slender fingers entwined on his own. Like a habit, he liked to see and wanted to know where the taller man was. He even texted him only to know what he was doing sometimes. Without him knowing, the smile had never left his face since Kris around.

Joonmyeon learned that Kris was from Sport Faculty of his university and a year older than him. He was actively doing role as a captain on a basketball team of their university. He was quiet popular among the college and Joonmyeon cursed himself for not knowing a hot man like Kris before. However, Joonmyeon was in Medical Faculty that located far from Sport Faculty and all the things he had done on the college were studied hard, read books on the library, stayed on laboratory until the sun sets, and went home to do home works or reports. Joonmyun knew well that his life before was really boring. But, ever since Kris came to the rooftop of that building unknowingly, he then lived his life a bit normal.

Kris, that person was so gentle. He had never forced the other and always gave the other man a soothing smile and a stare full of affection. He was so kind that his words could always make Joonmyun’s heart fluttered and made him felt loved. The sensation crept around his body every time Joonmyun listened to his deep voice, successfully made him tried his best not to show his reddened cheeks.

 

*****

 

Joonmyun’s POV

 

It had been a couple months of us being together. To review about the relation between me and Kris, it was just like another normal couple. We cared about each other, we took care of each other, we were there for each other, and any other things that you could do as a couple. But, then I realized that I’d never been in his house, or even did something like… Kiss? Yah, I know, kiss became something that usual for a couple, especially for persons who is in relation.

Do I want that kind of situation? Kris? Kissing me?’ I mentally kicked my brain that let out such a thought. Kris, that person had never ever forced something. So, it was natural that he never asked for more. ‘But, isn’t it a normal thing that lovers do? But, but, but…

“Oi, what are you thinking about in the middle of the day, right in the center of the library?” a pat on my head brought me back to life.

“Kris! How could you… Ah, I just thinking about something,” I felt my cheeks started to burn again, ‘Do he know what I was thinking about?’

“Don’t study too much. Tomorrow will be weekend, so take it easy, Baby,” Kris brought his hand, gently patted on my shoulder and I sighed in relief.

He shifted his gazes to what I’d been reading. He took the book from my hands and pretended to read it. He scratched the back of his head and soon closed the book, “Nerves? Isn’t it boring? Let’s hang out, Joonmyeon-ah. The practice was cancelled by the coach and I have nothing to do.”

I rolled my eyes and earned a questioning look from him, “Don’t want to hang out?”

“I have a test next week, Kris.” I opened the book again and tried to search where the page I read back then.

“But you can continue to study later, right?”

“It’s a rare thing you do something like this, Kris?”

“Can’t I?” he stared deep into my eyes and I felt like myself was being pinned with that.

“No-no, you can…”

“Can you cook a dish? I know you are smart, so are you smart to in cooking?”

I stared blankly at him. What kind of question was it in this kind of situation? Ah! I didn’t know. The only thing I knew was he drifted his gazes to somewhere else and said that question out of nowhere.

“I-I think I’m not majoring that subject…” I cursed myself to give out that kind of answer.

“I know…” he looked back at me and patted my head than smile again, “Would you study something besides that nerves thing?”

I looked at him in confusion and he brought my hands leaving the table. He led me down to bookshelves area and stopped in front of one of them. He kind of looking for a title and finally stopped at one book. He immediately picked it up and handed it to me, “No more learning about nerves, now learn this.”

“Eo?” my eyes went wider as I saw the book on my hand. It was recipe book that contained main course recipes. I looked up at Kris, “What is this?”

“Tomorrow morning I will pick you up and you will cook for lunch. Learn a recipe from here and we will be cooking in my place, understand?”

 

*****

 

There I was. I was standing on the kitchen bar on Kris’ apartment. I learned that he was leaving alone because his parents were staying in Canada. His apartment was quiet well-organized. This was just his style. He was then sitting on a chair near the kitchen while spinning a basket ball on his hand, “So, have you learned the recipe properly?”

“Is it alright if I only cook spaghetti?” I started to unpacked the ingredients I brought. I glanced to Kris and he only smiled to tell me that it was alright. Actually I was a bit embarrassed because I could only cooked spaghetti for my boyfriend. But, wasn’t it better than cooking ramen? I believed that cooking spaghetti was better than ramen so I put my apron on and started to cook.

I started with the noodle and boiled it then I prepared to make the sauce. It was handled quiet well. I was fully focused on my cooking so I didn’t aware that someone had been standing behind me, “You did it well, Joonmyeon-ah?”

“Kris! You surprised me!” I hit him with a wooden spatula on my hands and laughed.

“I don’t know that your cooking figure can be that beautiful,” Kris whispered as he leaned closer and trapped me between himself and the counter.

“Wha-what are you doing? I’m cooking right now, Kris!”

He stopped for a while and let me there, trembling. He dragged his eyes off of me and step back. My heart beat really fast that I could hear it. Kris his nape, “I’m sorry. Continue your cook.”

Then he left to the living room without looking back to me. My legs start to lose their strength. I grabbed the counter so I couldn’t fall to the floor. It was suffocating there, on my chest. The beats didn’t get slower, ‘Wasn’t he trying to… Ah! I don’t know!’

 

*****
 

“It’s a bit overcooked,” Kris said while chewing his last bribe.

“Who made it overcooked?” I mentally shouted.

“Don’t give me that pout. Just wait on the living room. I will do the cleaning. Thank you for cooking,” he smiled warmly and gathered the empty plates and glasses and then brought them to be washed.

I still sat on my chair and looked over Kris. He began to wash the plates and I unconsciously was staring to his back. Without me knowing, I dragged myself to approach the tall man. I put my palm on his back and earned a gasp from the latter, “Joonmyun-ah? Wait a minute, I’m done.”

He naturally turned his body to face me and patiently waited for a word to come out from me. But, I didn’t open my mouth instead of brought back my palm to touch him, on the chest.

I believed that my brain couldn’t function well anymore, because then I stepped closer and  my hand trailed to his neck and pushed his head down so I my face was that close, “It’s okay, Kris. I’m not afraid to do this.”

I kissed him on the lips.

 

**TBC**