Chapter 2

Soul

YURI

 

The sky is very dark. cloudy. rain pouring hard make my body shiver. I pressed my jacket tighter to reduce the coldness that my body feel.  the umbrella that held by mrs.kim, my neighbor to cover my body not help at all. tears run down my face until it's dry and i can't cry anymore. All the people who came to the funeral today  give me small smile. maybe they think their smile can give me the courage to continue my life. and they all wrong. if they think after this i can continue my life, alone. the answer is i can't. everything is falling down around me. -up. But what should i do? Life must go on.

when mr.kim told me the news yesterday, i can't breath. my centre universe, my best friend, my amour knight, my dad. he is everything. and now, here i am. in his grave.

He told me that he went to hiking. I say that the weather is very bad and i told him to go hiking another day. But he is just smiling and say that he will be alright. He always loves hiking, and i know it’s already long time since the last time he went to hiking. But, my heart just give me bad feeling. I try to stop him, but he promise me that he won’t be long and he say he will cook my favorite food for me when he is back. So i let him go. If i know thing will go like this, if i know he will leave me forever, if i know that he can’t keep his promise to come back .....

I always like rain. I like the feeling when the water pouring to the ground. The smell of rain. And once dad told me that the day when i was born is rainy day. But not now, not today. The rain today is scared me. Especially when i was in his funeral. One by one people who came and gave my dad their last respect, leave. Mr and mrs kim, my neighboor who help me with this all funeral pat my shoulder and leave too. They are the last one who stay with me. They asked me to go home with their car, but i refuse and i say that i will be alright to them. I need time alone, but the irony is i will be alone forever.

It’s already night when i realize that i should go home, change my cloth, eat though i don’t feel like eating. Rain is still pouring when i walk to the nearest bus stop and i don’t bother to wear umbrella. I don’t care if my body drenched. i just want go home, sleep in his bed, feel the memories of my dad like he is still with me now. I want to wake up and see his smiling face while he’s make breakfast for me and he will say that this is all is just nightmare. I keep walking until the bus stop is seen, but that’s when i realize that rain isn’t pouring my body anymore. I was surprised that there’s someone who hold the umbrella for me for I don’t know how long.

He smile to me when finally i realize his presence. He looks amused, maybe because i’m deep in my mind that i wasn’t aware of his presence.

“who are you?” i asked him

“well, there’s alot for explanation. But for now, let me take you home with my car because rain is still not ended” he say

“and then i will explain you everything” he add when he saw my confused face. He held my hand and take me to his car. Before i could protest and give him question anymore he start his car and drive to my home.

 

 

I let him enter my house and told him to wait in the living room when i take my time to quick shower and change my cloth. After make hot tea for him and for me, i joined him in the living room.

“so i will introduce my self first....”

“i know you” i interrupt him.

I know him. He is grandson of  mr. Choi junpyo who is advisor of south korea president. He is choi siwon, succesfull young businessman in korea. It’s not like i know him personaly or i have interest on him. but my best friend, tiffany hwang is his big fans who always show me about his interview on magazine or television. Beside his family is have influence in this country that almost all citizen know. But, the one that i don’t know is, why such person like him is in my house. Now.

Thinking of tiffany, i really miss her. She is on her vacation with her family. But after i inform her about my dad, she promise me to back as soon as posible.

“well i’m glad if you know me, i won’t introduce myself then”

“yes of course i know you. You are quite famouse in this country. But will you tell me, why such person like you mr.choi is in my house now?”

“first i want to say my deep condolence of.. of your father” he say quitely

I don’t really know if my dad is know choi siwon personaly that make him go to my house to sent his condolence personaly. My dad never tell me that he know choi’s

“i really don’t know if my father is know you personaly mr.choi. but thankyou”

“i was with him... i was with him when he fall from the cliff”

I shocked. What? My dad is with him? Why? I’m too confused to say anything, and he continue.

“he help me. I’m the one who fall first, and he help me. But it make him fall from the cliff. I should save him. I’m sorry”

Tears run down in my face

“i try to save him, but it turn out like this” he continue

I’m still silent. Too shocked to say anything. I don’t know i should mad at him or not. But i know my dad will help everyone even if it’s not him. And i can’t blame him, it’s not that he want to fall from the cliff either.

“and.. and the last word from your dad is... he want me to take care of you”

“what?”

“your father’s want me to take care of you. And i already promise him that”

All of his word sang in my head. My dad want him to take care of me? What kind of request is that? I don’t know anymore with my dad. I know my life is miserable after this. I know i will life alone. I have to work more to pay for my college and my daily life. But now, some stranger just say that he want to take care of me because his promise to my dad!

“and i think about this. I want to keep my promise. So i want you to move with me”

i want you to move with me, his word repeat again and again in my head.

And i know my life never be the same again.


let me know how your think about this chapter. thankyou, coment, upvote, and subscribe :)