NEW YEAR & FOREVER

COPYCAT

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

It’s making me insane.  I’m becoming ridiculously insane.  Or is it just my insecurity getting the best of me?  How do I rid Dara of those admirers?  They are getting immanageable for him to handle.  I had to do something drastic or I’ll end up in the psychiatric ward.

YG asked from me a successful solo album and I gave him one.  OOAK did better than expected.  In return, I can do whatever I want.  And all I wanted was to tell the whole world Sandara Park is mine.  And I did.  Without her knowing, I especially planned for her appearance on my Crayon stage at Gayo Daejun.  It was the perfect event where everyone in the entertainment industry is gathered together.  On that night, the whole world realized who owns Sandara Park. 

I felt very proud after the performance.  It was better than I expected.  My jagiya perfectly fit the song.  If only I could just kiss her on national TV…

 

 

I invited everyone in YG to spend the New Year holiday in Dolce Vita.  It was part of the plan.  Not everyone could come, but it was okay.  Dara and her whole family including Sanghyun is coming.  I didn’t tell my family why I invited everyone.  They thought it’s just one of my usual parties.  I couldn’t stop grinning while preparing for everything.  I was always on the phone organizing the event.

Daesung and Taeyang rode with me to Dolce Vita right after Gayo Daejun.  Seungri had to catch a flight to LA the next morning.  I told him he would regret it if he doesn’t come, but he declined. TOP will be coming the next day with a friend.  When he mentioned a friend, I knew it was Bom.  Those two have something going on between them, but too stupid to realize it yet.

Chaerin had prior engagement in Japan.  She couldn’t join us.  I wish all the girls would be there, but I cannot force my wishes on them.  Minzy will be coming along with Dara’s family.

I still woke up early despite how tired I was the previous day.  I couldn’t sleep at all with too much excitement.  I dragged Daesung and Taeyang from their beds much to their complaints.  They wanted to sleep the whole day, but I didn’t allow it.  I have to be constantly moving to contain the excitement that is building inside me.  Dara is coming a liitle later after lunchtime.

Daesung and Taeyang were groaning when we reached the frozen lake.  We have our skating shoes on and sledge on hands.  We have the whole lake to ourselves.  As my punishment for dragging Dae and Tae to the cold, I got constantly hit with a snowball and they keep tripping me.  I might not be able to survive until evening if I’m not careful on the slippery lake.  I was saved when Mother called us to have breakfast much to Dae & Tae’s delight.

 

 

After breakfast, the catering company arrived and started setting up Dolce Vita for the occassion.  When the setup is almost done, Mother thought it is a bit too elaborate just for a New Year's Day party at the pension.  My older sister thought it's fantastic.  I always have my sister to support me with everything I do.  I don't keep secrets from her.  She knows Dara and I are dating, but she doesn't know yet that today is a very special.  She might get a hint, but she's keeping it to herself.

When Dara finally arrived, I formally introduced her family to mine.  It was awkward on both sides. I cannot stop grinning seeing Dara's face blushed when I told her to give respect to her future in-laws.  My sister squealed with delight and gave Dara a tight hug.  She always adored Dara from the start.  I was so glad the boys were in their room sleeping while the surreal moment happened.  Finally, Mother understood what the party was all about. 

As punishment for putting her on the spot, I got a rainfull of pinches whenever I got closer with Dara.  I must have bruised a lot already, but I don't mind.  Maybe she will drown me in the frozen lake if she knew what I have been planning for the night.

When Bom arrived with TOP as expected, the three girls went outside to have some girltime alone.  The boys wanted to tag along, but Bom as Bom ed them and there was nothing they can do once Bom unleashed her Bominator side.

So I was left with TOP, Daesung and Taeyang.  They didn't stop asking me why I brought everybody in the pension.  The presence of Dara's family and the elaborate decorations made them suspicious that I was going to do something stupid.  My wide grinning face confirmed what they have in mind.  TOP quickly messaged Seungri.

Get your back here! You will regret it if you don't!

He took a photo of the four of us with the festive pension as backdrop and sent it to Seungri to make him realize what he is missing at the moment.

 

As the day grew older, my heart beat faster.  It will be just a few hours before the dinner party commenced.  Everyone is in their rooms preparing for the night.  I thought YG will ditch the occassion, but he arrived with his family an hour later much to everyone's surprise.  Sean with his family arrived a little bit later. The pension became livelier with the kids playing around.  

I was in my room getting dressed when my parents entered.  They asked me to sit with them for a while.

"Are you nervous?"  Father asked.

"I feel my heart is about to explode."  I said truthfully.  He gave me a reassuring tap on the shoulder.

"Whatever you are planning to do tonight, we will support you, son."

"Thanks, Dad."

Mother just stared at me with teary eyes.  She embraced me and gave her blessings.

 

Everyone is having fun at the dinner table.  I thought several times of the seating arrangement.  I wanted it to be as natural as possible.  I arranged the younger ones on one side of the long table while the older ones with the children on the other.  I noticed Sanghyun chose to sit beside Dara and kept giving me the cold stare. I thought we had settled our differences with bottles of soju. He is still reluctant to accept me, I figured.  

The dinner is halfway through when I decided it is time for the main event.  I got  up from my seat with champagne on one hand.  Everyone's attention turned to me.  I caught Dara's inquiring eyes.

"I would like to thank everyone for spending some of your time with us today.  It has been a great year for everyone."  Everyone nodded in agreement.  It was a great year indeed especially for me.

"It's a pity not everyone can join us tonight.  It can't be helped.  I planned this without confirming everyone's attendance.  To all present here, thank you for coming to this very important day of my life."  

I left my seat and walked to where Dara's mother is seated.  To her surprise, I got on my knees and bowed to her.

"Please let me marry your daughter."