Chapter 3

Ocean of Love

•••

 

Kris came an hour early before his first class starts and was failed to ask his uncle what was wrong between his mom and the butter. It is not like when his mom eats the butter she will turn into a monster, right? Kris ran his hands through his hair and sighed at the hilarious thought that came to his head.

 

Kris decided to go to the university’s garden to past the time. He always goes there during his free time to water the flowers and, of course, to help a certain someone. A person that Kris admires since they were in their childhood days. When Kris saw a familiar figure, he called out, “Hey, Tiffany!”

 

A very pretty young lady glanced back as he recognized Kris’ voice. She waved at him and shouted back, “Goodmorning, Kris!”

 

As Kris was approaching the said young lady, he can’t help but admire her perfect jawline, her milky white complexion, her eyesmile, her pointy nose, her slender neck, her goddess-like face and her neatly braided hair resting on her shoulder. Kris gasped at how can possibly there be a person like her that’s just merely human; she must be a goddess in her previous life.

 

Kris snapped himself out of his trance as he was already standing in front of Tiffany.

 

“Hey, I think you’re so early for your class today.” Tiffany started and smiled at him that always makes Kris’ heart melt.

 

He nodded and grinned back before he teased the said young lady, “I didn’t know that you’re aware of my schedule.”

 

“W-what..? N-no way!” Tiffany averted her gaze and a faint shade of pink tinted her cheeks as she nervously rubbed her arms.

 

“Really?” Kris has his evil smirk on and leaned closer to Tiffany; their faces were a few inches away from each other.

 

“Of course, you idiot!” She pushed him and Kris laughed at how he never failed to get that kind of reaction from her.

 

“Okay, I believe you Fany Fany,” Kris said as he raised his hands at the level of his chest, as if surrendering.

 

“Stop calling me that, Fan Fan. It’s not funny.” Tiffany pouted and crossed her arms in front of her chest while still not looking at Kris.

 

Kris can’t help it but laugh at how cute his childhood friend was acting. He pinched the bridge of her nose and received a whine from the latter.

 

“If you’re here just to tease me, you better go before I throw soils at you!” Tiffany told him with a threatening voice, but Kris knows that she will never do that to him. She hates it how she can never get mad to the giant man no matter how annoying he can get; she doesn’t understand why.

 

Kris walked beside her and laced an arm around her shoulders as he turned her around the direction to the greenhouse. “Of course, I’ll help you. What are friends for? Besides, my class will start an hour later.”

 

Tiffany just nodded as an answer because her mind was completely blank at the moment. Whenever Kris was this close to her, she seemed to be not in herself. She’s silently hoping that Kris won’t hear her heart beating loudly inside her chest.

 

This is the only way Kris can be close to Tifanny.  He doesn’t have the confidence to confess to her; he fears of being rejected. Kris’ ears were really red and hoping that she won’t notice it.

 

 

•••

 

 

A young man was sitting on a bench with a sketchpad resting on his lap and a pencil in his grip when a professor sat beside him; but he didn’t pay any attention to him and continued what he was doing. The professor cleared his throat but the young man chose to ignore it. He cleared his throat louder that almost sounded like a growl but the oblivious young man didn’t give a damn and seriously continued sketching an ocean. The professor decided then to wait for the young man to finish.

 

The professor has his chin leaned on his palm as he stared at the young man’s work. It was the most magnificent sketch of an ocean he has ever seen. He may not be creative and he dislikes art but he sure knows how to criticize one piece of work.

 

The young man was twitching his eyebrows on how annoying this man beside him; he can’t concentrate. He sat upright as he forcefully closed his sketchbook and put in his pencil back to its case. He didn’t bother to look at who’s the man sitting beside him and stood up. When he was about to walk, an arm reached out to him that made him pull back. His blood boils and angrily shouted, “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

 

Both the young man and the professor widen their orbs, bewildered by the sudden outburst of the young man and saw who he shouted at.

 

“Chen,” the professor started and loosen his grip to the said young man he just called Chen.

 

“I’m sorry Professor Wu, I just thought that you are one of those stupid humanities students who wanted to mess with me. Pardon my rudeness, Sir.” Chen apologized as he nervously scratched his nape.

 

“No, Chen, it’s my fault. I should be the one apologizing.” The professor stood up and bowed to the young man and the latter can’t help but sinisterly smile at how amusing this professor was. To keep his good image, he played the innocent boy and bowed to his professor as well. “I’m really sorry for ruining your mood, Chen.”

 

Chen laughed it away and assured the professor it was alright. “Sir, if you don’t mind me asking, are you looking for me? Do you need something?”

 

“Oh yeah,” the professor remembered about his talk with his nephew. “I have a huge favour to ask you.” Chen smiled as he gestured his professor to continue but he’s definitely irritated inside. The professor continued, “My nephew has this art competition coming in 3 months. I know this is a gigantic favor to ask, can you help my nephew to find his inspiration?”

 

“Sure, Sir.” Chen didn’t hesitate and gladly accepted the offer.

 

The professor rejoiced and hugged him. “Thank you, Chen! That’ll be a great help,” the professor let go of the hug and added, “Can you meet him later, Chen? His class ends at 4:30.”

 

“Of course, Sir. My class ends at 3 P.M. What is his name and where am I going to meet him?” Chen asked politely.

 

“His name is Wu Yifan but he’s known by majority in the name of Kris Wu. He’s attending Ace Art University. I told him that you will be waiting for him at the gate.” Chen's eyes widen by the mention of the university, and his lips formed in crescent.

 

So, he's the one that will represent that rotten school in the competition? Heh! Chen thought to himself.

 

“Got it, Sir. I will be meeting him up later but I should go to my class first. See you around, Sir.” Chen bid his adieu to the professor and walked towards the building where his classroom is located.

 

Chen has his menacing smile carved back on his face, let’s see how well your nephew is. Nobody beats me in art. Oh, poor Kris. The competition hasn’t started yet, but you already lost.

 

 

•••

 

A/N: I’m sincerely apologizing to all of you for the long wait. As I said at the previous note, the person you’ve been waiting to make his appearance finally came. So yes, disappointed? I’m really sorry but this is all I can make. Chen and Kris will be meeting up at the next update. Look forward to it.

Hey, did you notice? Uhm, first, don’t kill me but I find Fan Fan and Fany Fany adorable. Haha, isn’t it cute? x) ( A secret must be unfold, I am a fanboy and I really do like Tiffany Hwang. xD )

I wonder what will happen if Chen and Kris finally meet.

Are you going to like Chen’s character here? We’ll see. I haven't revealed the half of it yet, so stay tuned!

 

Continue on supporting this fic and thank you once again for waiting the third chapter to be posted. I’m really busy and exam is coming next week.

Please, subscribe, comment and upvote. Thank you! See you on the next update! =)