Chapter 4

Their Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

College Years before

Humming the self-written song, DongWoo walked into his room cuddled in towel around his waste and other rubbing his drenched hair to dry off the water after his long waited bath of the week.  As he slowly walked inside the room, DongWoo looked at the outfit that he have decided on wearing the previous for his date, which was going to start at 2pm with not other than Hoya. Wait what? 2PM.

‘I thought it was just 11. Damn it, I am late.'

DongWoo cursed, throwing away the towel quickly to get dressed. Looking after the clock, he wished the time would change back but nothing else changed, but just the seconds in the clock, showing him, Jang DongWoo was already late for more than an hour now. 

He just hoped that Hoya was still waiting for him.

-

Slipping away his 10th warm cup of his favourite hazel nut latte. Glancing at  his smart phone, Hoya glared back at the time indicating 2:30 with almost of 25% of battery left,  waiting for DongWoo to arrive any second now. Looking out the window of the coffee shop,  yet Hoya still cannot see that figure he have been waiting for. 

‘2Hrs and 30minutes.’ Hoya whispered, as he took another slip of his latte. He is late. Really. Really late. 

-

‘Ajushii, can you tell me when will the next replacement bus will arrive?’DongWoo asked, standing next to the driver ajushii, who was trying to fix the bus or more like trying to see what was the problem when the bus suddenly broke down in middle of nowhere. Today definitely was not DongWoo’s day. 

‘I don’t know son, perhaps in half and hour, because our main station is really far away and the mechanic might another hour or so to see the problem. I suggest you might take a next bus towards towards the town centre so you can another bus from there to go to your destination.’ The old man replied with a apologetic look. His forehead covering from sweat due to over-heated engine fumes that is coming out of the engine. 

Damn it. Why today? DongWoo looked at his phone it was already 2:45, almost 2hrs from their meeting time. Dialling few numbers DongWoo tried calling Hoya even though, he pretty sure that he might have already pissed Hoya up really bad by now but he still can try right. 

The line did connect for the few minutes but after 5 minutes of continuous ringing, there wasn’t any respond, instead it went to the voicemail service. “The number you dialled cannot be reached or the mobile phone is switched off. Please try again later or please leave a voicemail after the beep.” 

Hoya is going to kill me now.

-

When Hoya came back to his seat, he checked to see if DongWoo have bothered to text him or perhaps call him about why he is so late. But he realised  that his battery have all drained out because of excess use for playing games in the phone more than texting someone or calling someone for it. 

Should have carried that extra battery from home. Hoya sighed. He is getting really starting to get annoying with DongWoo right now. 

-

 Running crazily towards his destination, DongWoo finally reached his destination huffing and puffing, out of breath because he was running a bit too much for his own experience  - in front of the Hoya who had a very deep frown defining his frustration and annoyance at the situation, who is currently sitting in his usual place but this time surrounded with more than his usual doses of paper cups. 

‘Ho…ya, I…..sorry. I did…time pr..perly. 

“I got stuck in middle of nowhere and there wasn’t any bus around….then my phone got went directly to your voicemail when I tried calling *breathes* then my phone battery went flat on me and I wouldn’t call you anymore.” DongWoo paused and continues after taking long breathe to which he is still struggling with. 

Hoya looks at the man in front of him. How long did he wait for this man for today’s plan. More than few hours right, within which time Hoya have gone from having a coffee to trying out every single drink in the menu in the board of shop. 

When Hoya didn’t said anything, DongWoo  sighed in relief that Hoya might not be as angry as he might have been. But what he didn’t except was when Hoya gave a punch right across DongWoo’s face. 

“WHAT THE HOYA” DongWoo could feel the tingling pain from the punch he just got from Hoya. Standing up he looked at Hoya who was glaring at him.

“Enjoy your date by yourself.” as Hoya left huffing in angry as he run out of the cafe he have been staying for more than 4 hour where he almost felt as if he was stood up. 

“Hoya listen to me, I really didn’t mean to happen like” DongWoo ran towards the man whom he have probably made feel bad about.

But unfortunately, he was too late Hoya already took off in his car.

“Dammit Hoya.” As DongWoo kicked the invisible wall with his foot.

-

 

23rd July 2012

Then somewhere in the hospital opened his eyes looking at the white walls of his hospital room. His eyes full of eyes and regrets.

-

23rd July 2012

MyungSoo frowned, looking at the file in his hand. His eyes slightly swollen due to lack of sleep, as turned another page to read the details. Suddenly his stomach grumbled, feeling hungry, he would feel the hungry pangs killing his insides. But he doesn’t have time to eat a proper food.

He has been working in his office, non-stop after he dropped off SungJong yesterday. Overwhelmed by the workload he have not even bothered going back home and have asked care taker to look after his dad instead. Having to handle 2 companies by his own accord is starting to take its toll on him even though it has only been few days.

He was tired of everything but this hasn’t stopped him from working hard as he would usually works due to consciousness of disappointing his best friend, whom he has promised that he will try his best until DongWoo hyung is well enough to take over. Until then it was MyungSoo’s responsibility to do his best for his friend. 

 Even though it was getting difficult for him especially because his lack of knowledge in the show business. Although he only had experience as an architect, it was difficult enough for him to take over his father's role and understand business but at least his had some clue own his own. But with new entertainment business was not something MyungSoo was familiar with. He is a man who makes building; put firmness in land for people not for entertainment purposes.

However, he needs to thank the god for having people like Bang MinSoo and his father's friend Mr. Eun Mookyul ajusshi. Both of whom he can trust for better decision-making and depend on to show him ropes. Instead of jumping inanely into business.

MyungSoo sighed again, resting his head on the chair, how long has it been since he spoke to someone. Perhaps 3 hours. He glanced at the time in the table clock, 8:00pm. MinSoo went home around 5:30pm due a home emergency since his husband was in verse of labor and needed MinSoo to be present at the time of birth.

Glancing outside from his office he can see that almost see an empty office except one of manager for the rookie team, who was he introduced recently. I guess, it is home time for everyone. After all it was past 7pm nobody would like to stay beyond his or her required time. Then again that had never applied to him as a person. When he was working back at the firm, he was one of the person whom his boss had to literally kick out to ensure that I didn’t stay over night for projects whose deadline had long way to go. But now when he wants to go home, he can’t because he have so many papers to still read sign.

Feeling bad for himself, MyungSoo pulled out his phone & tried to think about listening to something smoothing refresh his brains a bit. Unlocking the home screen, he slides the screen for next panel for youtube app, but his eyes caught with notification of messages. Sliding back, to the main screen, he pressed the message button and saw missed messages from SungJong, which he has failed to check on.

Date: 22 July 2012                                                                                                                                                                        

from: Jong                                                                                                                                                                                        

to: hubby                                                                                                                                                                                       

 time : 10:00am                                                                                                                                                                                

My plane is taking off in few now. 

 

 from : Jong                                                                                                                                                                                      

 to : hubby                                                                                                                                                                                      

time : 10: 01am                                    

  don’t worry about me. I am fine. Don’t forget to check on hyung afterwards . you need to talk to him. about things? about youngjae?

 

from : Jong                                                                                                                                                                                        

 to : hubby                                                                                                                                                                                        time : 10:07am                                                                                                                                        

Please log in to read the full chapter