`loss and damage

Project Pay Back, Get Back

your POV

U

 





 

 

 

nnie? Will you take me with you?" Amy asked and I groaned. "With the car?"

She nodded and I rolled my eyes. "Do you want me to drive you to some of your little friend's?"

Amy nodded even more eager and I rubbed my temples. "I'm on my way to someone and then Starship Ent. building..." I paused while she begged with folded hands.

Scowling I nodded. "Get ready, hurry up."

Amy jumped around and rushed into her room. My mother patted my arm. "Thanks dear, I have to work and your father is also gone now."

I nodded, sighing, and wiggled my finger at her. "You owe me something."

My mother agreed and soon Amy stood in the door frame, waiting for me.

I slipped in my black plain high heels and we both entered my cheap silver combi.

The engine roared quietly and I drove out of our street. My parents told me I drive to fast and it would be too dangerous riding the car with me yet Amy loved being with me in the car.

I don't understand her either...
 

"Unnie, where do you have to go first before going to your work place?" Amy pulled me out of my thoughts and I glanced at her shortly. "None of your business."

"Please, please tell me~"

"Where does your friend live?" I asked, turning left and we slowly entered Seoul downtown.

She pouted. "Tell me!"

"I told you, none of your business, Amy." I spoke through gritted teeth and my phone rang. I had a loud speaker installed in my car, so I just had to press the pick up button.

"Yes?"

"Noona?" a boy asked and I smiled. "Minwoo ah, what's the matter?"

"Do you know where to go?"

I thought for some seconds. "I guess Sistar..."

"Nope," Minwoo spoke up, "You'll be with us first. Boyfriend has a photo shoot and we need your coordi-noona-best-hand for that. You'll go to Sistar later on."

I nodded for myself. "Arasseo, and where's the building?"

"I'll text you the address, okay? Wait, are you in a car or something?" Minwoo wondered and I smiled lightly. "Yeah, I'm currently bringing my sister to a friend of hers and then I meet...a friend as well."

"Ah, Amy! Hiiii~!" Minwoo screamed into the phone and I chuckled. "Alright, see you later on!"

I laughed and hung up, looking at Amy. Her jaw practically laid on the ground of the car and she gaped at me. "F-from where does Boyfriend's Minwoo know my name?!"

I shrugged care freely. "I told them about my family. I see them often, so we do talk often."

"I love you, unnie, I love you." she pretended to sob and I rolled my eyes.

Yes, my sister was a hardcore K-pop fan. Have I told her about how close I was to K-pop idols, for example EXO and all the others, especially Kris? No. I should keep it that way.

"Now tell me where your friend lives." I demanded and Amy pointed into a street. "We're almost there...Just down this street there and then left. Her house is at the end."

"So, she lives really downtown Seoul. Would you want to move here, too?"

Amy shook her head furiously. "Too much traffic, too much...no, I like this small quarter we live in."

I nodded and quickly brought her to her friend before driving over to EXO's dormitory.

Kris has begged me to talk to him, so I obeyed his wish. Hesitating, but I obeyed.

I rang the doorbell and Sehun opened the door. "Hey..."

"Hey, Sehun...where's Kris?" I asked and he made space for me to enter, I remained still. "Can you get him to the door?"

Sehun pulled me in and closed the door. "Jinah ah, some sasaeng fans may have put cameras in the floor. Who knows? Do you want to be dead by tomorrow?"

I shook my head hastily and he left, shortly afterwards Kris appeared.

Suddenly my body tensed, sadness and anger kicked both in at the same time and I inhaled deeply. He started to speak first. "Jinie ah...I can tell you everything and-"

"What's that girl's name?" I cut him and he in some air. "...Seulmi. Ha Seulmi."

"How can you do this to me? C-can you imagine how I suffered?" I parted my lips and let them stay like this. Kris just sighed. "I've broken up with her. Exactly speaking, when I wanted to break up with her by going over to her house she wanted to never see me aga-"

"And you think this will heal my wound? Do you know how much strength I've put together to finally face you? It was a lot, I tell you. A whole lot." I narrowed my eyes at the young man in front of me, "What if Jiho hadn't seen it? W-"

Kris interrupted my sentence. "Jiho? Who is Jiho?"

"Block B's leader, Zico. He's a friend of Bora and he was at Suki's that day when he saw...you." A cold shock washed over me when I thought about that Kris even kissed that Seulmi.

Kris shook his head. "You don't...you don't understand my whole situation."

I crossed my arms. "Let me put it into a sentence for you. You needed when I couldn't give it to you and you searched for another girl and fortunately you met this Ha Seulmi-girl."

Kris shook his head. "No, it-"

"What?!" I screamed, "You told me she's better looking than me. What else do you need a pretty girlfriend for except for ing her and look at her and tell-"

"She isn't as rude and loud as you are!" Kris shouted back and my mouth formed a big "O". "Except for now, when have I been loud?! I don't go clubbing, I don't drink a lot! Sometimes I do, but even you drink more sometimes! And how can I be rude?! Excuse you, I've always treated you the best I could because I loved you so much!"

"You swear too much! You have the mouth of a freaking sailor!" Kris gripped onto his hair shortly and I unfolded my arms. "When I'm angry or I drop something or so, then yes! But that's normal! I'm sorry that I curse in the ing presence of prince Perfect!"

"That's enough, leave!" Kris pointed towards the door and I stayed where I was. "Oh, did you invite Seulmi over? Sorry, I won't leave until you tell me how you could break my heart! Didn't you love me? What was it? Was I too annoying? Was I too clingy? I only had eyes for you, you are perfect in- and outside!"

Kris clutched onto his head and folded his hands on top of his head. "No, it-"

"Just. ing. Tell. Me!" I roared and Kris glared at me. "I've told you already! Because she's so beautiful that she caught my eye!"

I stood there silently, trying to digest his words yet ended up breathing like an angry bull. "You're disgusting Yifan. You're so disgusting. How can you leave a girl that gives up things for you just because some came your way and had the beauty you've searched for?...How come?!"

Kris' lips formed a thin line. "She...You know how much I love short girls. Have you seen her?! She's perfect! All her body proportions are perfect! She got a wasp waist, she's so cutely small, she-"

"Shut up, you make me puke!" I yelled and held onto the left side of my head, sweat ran down my temple in exhaustion, "Your looks are awesome. But your character's even more precious. It's so clear and organized and most of all, kind and sweet. But now I see how you see the world. You want only pretty girls. And it seems like you gave up and saw me and you were like, hey, why not trying this exemplar. But I guess, Seulmi was better than me."

"To be honest, our was bet-"

"Now you want to play this card?! I thought I couldn't lower my opinion of you, but you just managed exactly this!" I opened the door and stormed out, Kris was after me, he kept on screaming my name.

"Go rot in hell and take your ing character with you, please!" I shouted and entered my car, driving off before he could touch it once.

Tears started to escape carelessly.

Today was my aim to talk to him, wash his character and thoughts clear, and get him back, not to drift away more.

I started to cry and sob miserably and checked my phone for the address. I could go over to the building and redo my make-up before starting to work on the the boys' one.

Gladly I arrived quickly and my shoulders went up and down caused by my hectic cry.

I wiped away some tears with a tissue and opened my door, locking the car. I sniffed some more and tried to act normal while having my eyes pinned to the floor.

An elevator soon arrived, too, and I entered, rubbing my nose. I was alone in the small elevator and sobbed a bit more, happy I could now be under some friends.

The doors opened and I saw photo cameras, a white background, some tripods and just everything you'd need for a photo shoot.

I looked at all the make-up on some tables. I indeed didn't have to bring anything.

Some more sniffing and I corrected my slightly smudged make-up.

"Noona?"

I turned around and Minwoo put off his jacket. I smiled at him. "H-hey, you're here already?" I faced my mirror reflection and continued, "Sorry, my make-up is a bit-"

"Jinah noona? Are you alright?" he blinked and looked into the same mirror. I nodded giddily and applied more mascara.

I saw him pursing his lips, he then left.

I ended my job professionally and bowed to the team that came with Boyfriend.

I inhaled and checked the time. Right on time to go to Sistar's place.

While going inside I met Dasom and she waved at me hastily, running over. She hugged me tightly and we both walked into the elevator.

"Hey, you look awfully tired..." Dasom rubbed my back and I inhaled heavily. "Yeah...I am. But I can't leave either. I need this money."

She nodded painfully and we quickly arrived the right story, the fourth.

"Hurry up, hurry up! We don't have much time!" a woman called out and Bora saw me immediately. "Baby~!"

She fell around my neck, same with the rest of Sistar, and faced me afterwards. "Hey, Jinie ah, how are you doing?"

I shrugged, emotionless. "I'll tell you when we're done for today, okay?"

Bora made an okay sign with a big teeth-smile.

"Could we just skip the greetings? We have other things to attend." The same woman shouted around and I hurriedly started with the girls' make-up.

narrator's  POV

The telephone rang and a woman picked up. "Yes?"

You sniffed shortly. "Hello, here's the sister of Amy...could you please tell her I'll be around the corner in no time?"

"Yes, of course. Ehm, goodbye then."

Both of you hung up and you sniffed again. After you've told Bora what happened some minutes ago you started crying miserably again.

As promised you arrived at he house and Amy went inside, bucking her seatbelt.

You sniffed, yet tried to make it sound normal. Sadly you failed.

"Unnie...did you cry?" Amy wondered and you sniffed two more times, shaking your head. Tears built once more and you looked at Amy. "Don't fall in love. It will break you."

Your gaze turned to the street again and silently both of you got home.

Amy thanked you, what surprised you immensely.

You sauntered upstairs tiredly, walked up your room and fell down on your bed like a zombie.

"And? How is Yoonae doing?" your mother asked Amy and she snapped out of her thoughts. "Oh, ehm, she's doing very well...We have a lot of the same courses. We just...notice that...Mama, I'll go upstairs already."

"Do that, honey." your mother kissed the top of her head and Amy left.

She walked up the stairs quietly, trying not to make noises to let you know she was leaning against your door.

Amy's eyes widened when she heard you crying. You were crying heavily yet your sobbing and crying was silent and couldn't be heard if somebody would just walk by.

Amy tore her ear away from your door and pouted. Unnie sounds like she...is...a total damage. As bad as it may sounds, but it's true.

She stood up like a ninja and tip-toed into her own room, closing the door.

author's note // yeah ~ what do you think about this here? thanks for all those who have subbed alrdy :3

btw, my laptop is down and I can't really write other chapters (I can but I can't put it into the coding and ㅠ.ㅠ)