Chapter 1

like a parallel line

ChapterOne

The sound of wind hitting the car window pan breaks the serene silent in the van.  Seohyun eyes are glued outside, observing the drenched city. A small smile creaked at the edge of her small lips. She’s grateful that her members are not that active. To be exact, they are having their beauty sleep, though it’s an hour away from their schedule.

Seohyun check her phone. 6:30 a.m. She chuckles, it’s still early and she’s here, with her sisters, on their way to their company building. Her manager observes her through the back view mirror. “You’re not sleepy, Joohyun-ah?” He asked.

She smiles sweetly, shaking her head. “No.” She replies. “I’m pretty much awake right now.”

Her manager nodded his head. He knows that Seohyun is not the type of a person that will go to sleep after she’s been woken up. Seohyun shift her gaze towards her doe-eyed unnie. She stares into Yoona face, she giggles cutely. How can someone look so cute while sleeping? She asked herself.

Heaving another soft sigh, she put on her earphones. She needs something to fill in her time. Reading is not helping right now, since she’ll get dizzy if she read while riding any kind of vehicles. She played one of her favourite song, Into the New World. Their debut song always has the power to build up her courage whenever she’s loosing her faith in the showbiz.

She smiles when she sees the blurry figure of SM building from afar. I guess, today is just another day. Seohyun wakes Yoona up by gently shaking the older girl shoulder.

“Unnie, we’re here already.” She says. Yoona flutters her eyes open, yawning. She stares into the space before slapping her own face lightly. Seohyun giggles. You look cute unnie. The doe-eyed lady is still in daze from her sleep.

“Good morning, Joohyun.” She muttered almost whispering. “What time is it?” She asked her dongsaeng.

“It’s 7:05 unnie.” She replies shortly. They come to a stop when they reach SM building. They stay in the car for some moment. Waking the other seven girls are quite hard, especially Jessica. It takes 10 minutes to wake her up.

“Okay girls. I’ll be in the office like usual. Call me if you need something, and I’ll inform all of you if there’s a change in your individual schedule.” He says before stepping out of the van.

One by one they left the vehicle, with their manager sheltering them from the raindrops. Once Seohyun is out, she looks up into the gloomy skies.  She held her palm out, feeling the rain drops into her palm. Her manager nudge her, causes a slight shade of pink coloured he cheeks. “Sorry.” She apologises, which she receives an assuring smile from her manager.

“You seem distracted today. Are you having some major problem Joohyun?” Yongdeok asked.

She eyes her manager, shaking her head lightly. “No. Not even a tiny problem, yet.” She replies. “Why?” Curiosity fills in her soft voice.

“There’s nothing. Just forget it.” He ended their conversation.

When Seohyun step into the building lobby, a wide smile spread all over her face. Feels like I’m home. A few steps away from the entrance, Seohyun can hear her own heart beats. The rapid thumping of her heart makes her sick and the fluttering wings of her stomach butterflies make her nervous out of sudden. Walking next to Yoona, she tries to control her feeling.

As soon as they step on the last steps, her eyes are locked onto a certain someone. She craves a sweet smile, nodding her head slightly toward his direction. They promise to not be obvious, though she doesn’t quite sure about it, herself. They work in the same company, and the chance to be caught by the staffs and other idols are high and it’s quite risky.

It’s not that they are actually dating or something. But, he has confessed to her and she knows he wants an answer from her. Because, on that particular day, she was too surprised and wasn’t able to answer immediately. From that day onwards, he’s being extra caring to her. She admits, she loves his treatments and she’s willing to give him her answer. Only their close friends know about it. Yes, including her unnies.

~~~

His eyes follow her steps unknowingly. He nodded his head without his realisation. “Hey, what are you nodding at?” Lay nudge him.

He’s startled by sudden question. “What?” He asked back, causing the Chinese man to ruffle his hair. “It’s nothing. Let’s go.”

They walk towards the practice room without a word. Lay cleared his throat, which make Suho to avert his gaze towards the Chinese direction. “You know, you don’t have to hide it any longer. I’m still puzzle because you keep it as a secret to other members.” Lay says.

Suho shakes his head. “Not now, Yixing. We not even official yet.” He pauses, heaving heavy sighs. “I feel something might come in our way.” He continued, eyeing .

“Is it the fans?” The serene looking guy questioned him. Which he received a head shakes as his answer.

“Then, what is it?” He asked again.

Suho stop right in front of their practice room, hand holding on the door knob. “I don’t know. I just feel like it.” He answered as he steps into the room. Leaving Lay behind.

The Chinese follow suit from behind, entering the practice room. “Your answer make me even confuse Joonmyun-ah. What is it? Can you please be more specific? Can’t you remember the ‘something’ that you said?” He nudges their leader. Luckily the practice room is occupied by the both of them only.

Suho shoulder slump in despair, head hanging low. “I told you that I didn’t know what that ‘something’ is about. I don’t even know about it myself. I just have the feeling that we might not…” His words are cut off when the door clicked open.

“Oh. You guys are here already.” The towering Chinese said.

The both of them nodded their head. “Where are the others?” Suho asked his co-leader.

“They’re still in the cafeteria. I told them that our practice start at 8.00. So, they still have enough time to fill their stomach with food.” Kris replies.

Lay nudges Suho when Kris back facing them. “Continue please.” He demanded.

“Not now. Kris is here.” He whispered.

Fifteen minutes before 8, the practice room already fills by their members. And like that, their day started like usual. Practicing, music shows, fan signing and the list go on.

 


A/N: The first chapter is up. I'm sorry because it's quite short. I'm trying my best to update every stories I have. Yes, including the abandon sequel of SeoHan. This chapter somehow lack of something, I admit it. But, here, we know how Suho feels about his "soon" to be relationship with Seohyun. He admit that he think something will come upon them. I really do hope you guys enjoy this first chapter. I'll try my best to update sooner. Thank you for reading. Please leave your comment. You can talk to me regarding my fanfic(s) here or here. That it's for now. So long. -aida