Paper Balls

Tales of Im Yoona and Seo Joohyun

-Seohyun’s pov-

 

I walked into the classroom promptly on time.  You should always arrive to class on time, but this was the start of a new semester, and a new semester meant new classmates and seating arrangements.

I quickly read the seating chart and took my seat by the window. I thought to myself, UGH right next to the radiator and open window.  I’m going to have temperature problems the rest of the school year.

 

These thoughts were immediately erased from my mind when I noticed who my seatmate was.

 

Turning my head away from the window, my face was impacted by a small paper ball…

 

Me: Hey! What was that for?

 

Yoona: Is that how you’re supposed to talk to your unnie?

 

Me: Omggg Yoona unnie! You’re in my class and you’re my seatmate! Yayyyyy!

…But why did you have to throw a paper ball at me?

 

Yoona: I couldn’t see your face and I wanted to make sure it was you.

 

Me: -rolls eyes- Wow thanks unnie.  Anyway, are you even good at Spanish?

 

Yoona: Eh. Mas o menos. I just hope I don’t get called on often.

 

The first week went by and Yoona unnie was called on everyday.  Each time I couldn’t help but laugh.

 

Yoona: I don’t know how, but the teacher totally knows when I’m spacing out.

 

Me: You space out in class? Every time you’re called to answer, you just blink and say the right answer. I find it pretty amazing...

 

Yoona:  -turns away from me- Yyeah.  I space out a lot…more than you’ll ever know.

 

Me: Creepyyy (laughs)

 

The next week, I focused on the lesson while trying to notice why Yoona unnie was spacing out frequently, and only in that class.

Looking deep into her doe eyes, she seemed slightly dazed but still had on her alligator smile.  I was very confused but needed her back focusing on the lesson so I crumpled a piece of old paper and threw it right to the side of her face when the teacher wasn’t looking.

 

She abruptly turned to me and I pointed to the front board full of the day’s notes on verb conjugations. When she turned to me, I could have sworn I saw a tinge of pink across her cheeks…

I guess I’ll just ask her about it tomorrow.

 

The next day, I walked into the classroom and was greeted by my Spanish teacher.

 

Teacher: Hola Seohyun. Como estas?

 

Me: Estoy bien.

 

Teacher: Did you get my email?

 

Me: Hmm? Pardon?

 

Teacher: Suzy has trouble seeing the board so I swapped your seats.

 

As those words left my heart sank.  Regardless, I nodded and placed my things on my new seat.

Yoona unnie arrived right before the late bell and noticed that Suzy was sitting next to her instead of me.  I giggled when she kept looking back and forth from my old seat to my new seat.  I could’ve sworn she muttered “Dammit Suzy why can’t you see?”

 

I got along with my new seatmates, but they couldn’t replace the connection I had with Yoona unnie.

In the middle of the group work, I turned around to see how Yoona unnie’s group was getting along.

To my dismay, Yoona was laughing her alligator laugh at Suzy’s pronunciation. It was as if my seat was never changed…

 

“Dammit Suzy! Leave my Yoongie alone!”

After that thought passed through my head, I prayed I didn’t yell it out loud…

 

I turned back to my partner who looked at me wide-eyed.

Partner: Whoaa.

Me: Did I say that out loud?

Partner: You kinda muttered it. –raises an eyebrow- So you like Yoona huh?

Me: wwhatt? What makes you think that?

Partner: Eyy I know.  Don’t worry, the feeling’s reciprocated –winks-

 

After my “group work” my faced was flushed and my head was impacted with a familiar paper ball.  I glared playfully at Yoona unnie but I was secretly glad that she was still communicating with me somehow.  She gestured me to open and read it.

“I miss you.”

-deer

 

The blush on my face deepened as I read her message and wrote a quick reply.

 

“I wish we were still seatmates. Then it’d be easier throwing paper balls at you.”

-frog

 

I waited for the teacher to look away before throwing the paper ball straight at Yoona’s head.  Muahaha bull’s-eye.

…at least, until Yoona unnie dodged it.

 

Suzy: Agh my hair!

Teacher: Yoona, Seohyun! Hallway NOW.

 

I’d never gotten in trouble like this before…and neither has Yoona unnie!

As we waited outside in the hallway, the two of us nervously looked at each other stricken with fear and nervousness.

 

Yoona: Sorry I kinda got us in trouble. I just really missed you. Erm I mean sitting next to you.

Me: It was a team effort Yoongie. And I really missed you too. Since the teacher’s definitely going to put us the furthest apart possible, could you tell me why you would space out only in this class?

 

Yoona: Fine.  To be honest, I was kind of…daydreaming.

Me: -giggles- About what? Food?

 

Yoona: Something even better.

Me: Really? You prefer something even more than food? Is it edible?

 

Yoona: Yep. I’ll actually have some now~

 

Even though we were already in trouble, Yoona unnie took a great risk and pulled me close, connecting our lips. I must say, it was a GREAT risk~

 

…until our teacher came out

 

 

Teacher: YAH! What are you two doing? I’m very surprised at you two.  You both are straight-A students! Why are you having behavioral problems now?

 

Yoona: Sorry. I just missed my girlfriend since her seat was changed. It won’t happen again…if you change it back.

 

I blushed at every word.  Seriously, my face looked like a stop sign.  I know it was bad for Yoona to try to negotiate with the teacher but I just kept quiet.  Yoona had her arms wrapped around me and called me her girlfriend.  I was too happy to even process what was going on!

 

Thankfully, the bell rang and we were all dismissed.  The next day, I found out the teacher returned me to my original seat next to my beloved Yoongie for reasons unknown.

Yoona and I decided to collaborate and throw one last paper ball.

“Thank you Teacher-nim!!”

-yoonhyun

 

It landed perfectly on the teacher’s desk and Yoona gave me a quick peck on the lips as a sign of victory.

 

Yoona unnie was a great risk taker and with her paper balls, she made me her girlfriend.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet you could all tell that this was a bit rushed. XD

 

This was based off personal experience but I’m not in a relationship with my seatmate!

Actually all my friends thought my guy friend and I were in a relationship since we’re often caught bickering like “a married couple” but nopee.

 

That and my seat was never changed back :(

I was Seohyun in this chapter. I like my new group members but my new seatmate is a bit creepy…he thinks my friend and I are going out too…

 

P.S,

I just noticed how for all of these, I’ve made yoonhyun kiss

I can’t help it! They’re so cute I feel like making them kiss all the time ^o^