First...Crush? Love? What's happening?

Tales of Im Yoona and Seo Joohyun

Yoona's POV

Throughout middle school, I was the laidback, goofy kid amongst my group of friends.  I always tried to make my friends happy with light jokes and goofy antics while keeping my grades up.  All my teachers in middle school did their best to prepare us for high school.  And I guess my grades were okay- low 90s.  I was prepared for high school...academically.

While I was busy messing around with my other immature friends, I failed to realize that I fell behind emotionally.

When kids chatted and got stressed over little things or crushes/relationships I fled the scene- I felt I was too young to be stressed over nothing!

Later on, I discovered my easygoing friends had also experienced similar situations pertaining to their first loves.  I was surprised but kept my mouth shut. This made me become labeled as "the innocent one".  As the innocent one I was excluded from certain conversations and when I asked about them, the topic was immediately dismissed.

Since then I am still labeled "the innocent one", now amongst my high school friends.  There’s nothing wrong with it but I dislike being excluded from their conversations.  –sigh- I wish things were simpler, like at the beginning of middle school.

-End of POV-

Yoona returned to class and realized that she had a new schedule on her desk.

Music teacher: Im Yoona, you’ve been transferred from music class to drama class.  You should head to your new class now.

Yoona nodded, waved goodbye to her classmates and headed off to drama.

Drama teacher: Hello Im Yoona! Welcome to freshman drama~ This semester we are reenacting Macbeth.
Please take an empty seat.

Yoona looked around and sat in the only empty seat in the back, next to a girl eating gummy bears inconspicuously.

Yoona: Uhh hi. I’m Im Yoona.

Sooyoung: Hey I’m Sooyoung.  I wish I had music.  This class is sooo boring.

Yoona: I heard there’s less work here though.

Sooyoung: Yeah. And the people are prettier. –sticks tongue out-

Yoona: -laughs- Yeah. –looks around room-

Yoona stared around the room scanning over her new classmates until her eyes fell upon a girl studiously annotating the script the class was supposed to be reading.

Sooyoung: That’s Seohyun.  She’s the smartest in class but she gets nervous a lot when she’s acting….you’re not looking away…Hello? Earth to Yoona! –waves hand in front of Yoona’s face-

Yoona: oh oops. Sorry heheh –scratches back of head-

Sooyoung: Ooh you like her don’t you? Love at first sight!

Yoona: W-what? I haven’t even met her! She’s pretty and smart.  I wanna be her friend. –smiles-

Sooyoung: Sure you do.  One piece of advice: she doesn’t talk to many people outside her circle of friends.

Yoona: How do you know all this? It’s only the beginning of the year!

Sooyoung: I’m in her circle. To be her friend you must get on my level. –sticks tongue out-

Yoona: Pshh that doesn’t sound too hard.  I just have to eat food in class and be all creepy with strangers!

Sooyoung: I like you kid.

Drama teacher: Quiet down students! I will now assign you groups.  Get comfortable with these groups because you’ll be acting with each other for the rest of the semester.

Sooyoung: Yoona? You okay?

Yoona: Wait what? What happened?

Sooyoung: I think you zoned out again. –giggles- Probably looking at Seohyun again eh?

Yoona: Wait what?

Sooyoung: -laughs- Kidding! But yeah you, me, Yuri, and SEOHYUN are in a group together.

Yoona: Oh okay.

Yuri: Hi Yoona! I’m Kwon Yuri…and an awesome actress at that.

Yoona: Hello Yuri unnie. I’m Im Yoona.

Yuri: Unnie?

Yoona: Oh yeah…I’m a year younger than the people in this class.

Yuri: Ohh hey! Then you’re the same age as Seohyun!

Seohyun: Annyeonghaseyo Yoona-shi.

Yoona: H-hi Seohyun-shi.

Seohyun: -giggles- How are you enjoying drama? I have a feeling you’ll do well in this class.

Yoona: Thank you! Music was fun but I feel like I’m really going to enjoy drama.

Sooyoung: Oh do you now?

Drama teacher: Okay class, decide which roles you will have for your assigned scenes and begin practicing!

Seohyun: So we have the murder scene.  I actually want to try to be Macbeth today.

Sooyoung: Okay. Ooh I’ll be the murderer.  Yul, wanna be my henchman?

Yuri: Okay.

Yoona: I guess I’ll be Lady Macbeth then.

Unbeknownst to Yoona, Yoona wasn’t the only one who was excited she got the role of Lady Macbeth.

 

Weeks went by and the friendship between Yoona and her group members grew.  Soon Yoona was pretty close with each of her group members.

However, something seemed off whenever she saw Seohyun and Yuri together.  Something in her felt uncomfortable.

Whenever she saw Seohyun on her own or with her, Yoona felt like Seohyun was glowing.  Yoona felt happy whenever she saw Seohyun or had an assignment with Seohyun, or whenever she saw Seohyun in the hallways.

But whenever she saw Seohyun with Yuri, when they talked, laughed, ate; Yoona felt a little pang inside herself.

Very confused with herself, Yoona decided to confront Sooyoung and ask what the heck was going on.

Yoona: Sooyoung! Sooyoung!

Sooyoung: What is it little innocent one?

Yoona: I want to know what the heck is going on with me!

Sooyoung: Oh no. I’m not giving you THAT talk. Ask me anything else!

Yoona: What are you talking about? I just want to know why I feel weird when I see someone.

Sooyoung: …Oh. –cough- Well…ignore what I said before. Hmm..well what do you feel?

Yoona: Whenever I see this friend, I feel really happy inside.  Sometimes my stomach and cheeks even feel ticklish.  But whenever I see this friend with this other friend I feel uncomfortable.

Sooyoung: Uncomfortable how?

Yoona: Like I know the other friend is kind and everything but I feel like sad or even angry when they hang around alone.

Sooyoung: Whoaaaaaaaa. You’re not falling for me are you? Because I don’t like you like that.  Sorry dongseng.

Yoona: Whoa. So those feelings mean I like the person?

Sooyoung: -hugs Yoona- Sorry buddy. There are many other fish in the sea. Well they may not be as pretty and awesome as me but you’ll find someone to reciprocate those feelings~

Yoona: What? –starts laughing hard-

Sooyoung thought Yoona’s laughs were tears and she started to pat her head.

Sooyoung: Shh Shh shh.  Don’t worry Yoona! The pain will go away! Time heals all wounds!

Yoona: Get off of me you giant!

Yuri: -walks over with Seohyun- Get off of her Soo.  You don’t squish another group member.

Sooyoung: whoops.

Seohyun: You okay Yoong?

Yoona: Y-yeah. Thanks guys- Sooyoung was going to crush me.

Sooyoung: I’m sorry for crushing you emotionally and physically.

Yuri: What?

Yoona: For the last time-

Sooyoung:  She’s in love with me.  But I told her this goddess ain’t about that life.

Seohyun: Unnie! That isn’t nice at all!

Yuri: Yoona you just gotta buy this shikshin food and she’s all yours.

Yoona: Guys! I’m not in love with Sooyoung unnie!

Sooyoung&Yuri: Whatttt.

Seohyun: oooh then who do you love Yoongie?

Yoona: Uhh I don’t even know anymore.  All I know is I shouldn’t go to Sooyoung unnie for advice anymore.

-Everyone except Sooyoung laughs-

Yuri: I’ll help Yoona.  What’s up?

Yoona: What does it mean when you feel ticklish when you see someone? And what does it mean when you feel uncomfortable when this someone is with other people?

Yuri: OMG our dongseng is in love! Who is it?

Seohyun: That means you’re in love? Jinja?

Yuri: Why? You love someone too?

Yoona & Seohyun: Ani. I just want to know for future reference…

WAIT WHAT? WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT?

Sooyoung: Wow this is like so scripted.

Yoona: Eh this is drama class…

Yuri: Not the point! Who do you maknaes love?

Seohyun: We said it before unnie! We just want to know what it means.

Sooyoung: Fine fine. But Yul and I will find out what happened eventually…

-leaves with Yuri-

Yoona: …So…Seohyun…you like someone right? It’s okay I wont tell or freak out like the other unnies.

Seohyun: …Actually Yoongie…I do.  You do too right?

Yoona: Uhh yeah…

Seohyun: I see….Well I like this person a lot but its been really soon and I don’t want this feeling to disrupt my work.

Yoona: Yeah…Same here. …I’ll tell you who I like if you tell me who you like.

Seohyun: -blushes- Fair enough.

Yoona: I like…….ugh this is hard. I’ll just describe the person. Okay?

Seohyun: -giggles nervously- Then I will too. We can alternate.

Yoona: Okay. It’s a girl.

Seohyun: Mine too.

Yoona: She has long hair and pale skin.

Seohyun: Mine too.  She has rice cakes under her eyes. –giggles-

Yoona: She’s very smart.

Seohyun: She’s so beautiful I look at her everyday.

Yoona: Mine too! –sigh- The girl you like is really lucky.

Seohyun: Yours too.

Yoona: You know what? I’ll just say it. Seohyun I like-

Seohyun kissed Yoona hard on the lips.

Yoona widened her eyes but quickly closed them and kissed back.

Seohyun: Oh my god. I’m sorry Yoona! I really like you and I was really afraid the girl you like isn’t me.  I don’t know what came over me.  I’m sorry Yoona.  I hope you get the girl you like.

Yoona cut Seohyun off with a kiss while wrapping her arms around Seohyun’s waist.

Yoona: I think I just did.

Sooyoung: OHHHH SMOOTH MOVE YOONG!

Yuri: You guys sure took your time.  Ugh Seohyun you could’ve confessed weeks ago!  Yoona, she’s loved you since you were transferred into this class.

Seohyun: Unnie!

Sooyoung: Chill Seo.  Same went for Yoona. Wait whoa you guys were like making out a couple of minutes ago!

Yoona: Does this mean I’m not innocent anymore?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I wish this is what happened in my "story"

So in reality, author-shi here was too stupid to be like Yoona and confess so author-shi's crush (feels awkward typing this) and author-shi drifted away.
We really had drama class together and the guy I liked was friendly with my friend and i felt uncomfortable a lot.  Sadly I never told anyone but i did get to play Lady Macbeth while he was Macbeth ;D ...so basically I was his wife a semester XD 
Yeah its been 2 years since then and i dont think of him much anymore but when i do see him i still think he's cute and giggle inside a bit

does this mean i still like him?

forever confused,

author-shi