Chapter 3

New Love

Chapter 3

 

Kyuhyun was looking straight into Ryeowook’s eyes. They were sitting in café near the school. After their meeting in front of the school building, Ryeowook taught his new students first then they headed to have lunch. Ryeowook was still crying even though he and Kyuhyun had stopped talking to stop Ryeowook from tearing so much. But it didn’t take long to make him crying again. Such a girl maybe you thought but it was his true feeling about meeting and old friend from past.

 

Not knowing what to do, Kyuhyun just took an order to the waiters there. He ordered cappuccino and hot chocolate for Ryeowook. He thought chocolate could calm the latter. He reached to touch Ryeowook’s hands and held them tightly. The latter looked at him in the eyes too. He knew that Kyuhyun always wanted to say sorry to him and he just nodded in knowing.

 

He sighed before speaking, “I missed you so much, Kyu.” He let out another sighed followed by sobs.

 

“I’m sorry again. I have left you back then, and I’m not there for you when you had trouble.” Kyuhyun was almost crying, but he looked at another view to hold it. “I’m such useless friend, right?”

 

“No! You are not. I knew you had to take responsible and take care of her. She needed you more than me. I was the one who selfish if you still stayed by my side there, Kyu.”

 

He smiled little and caressing his hand and said, “I… umm, I meant she has die, Wookie. I am the only parent my twins have.”

 

“You have twin son?” Ryeowook asked in awe.

 

“No, they are girls. They are so loud and noisy. If I could change the time, I just wanted have one son, no daughter.” Kyuhyun said shaking his head disbelieve.

 

“You must be taking care of them very well. I’m sure they are smart like you, am I right?” he smiled. He didn’t cry anymore but smiled in awe.

 

“I know it but the loud voices they have are not mine. I don’t have any kind like that. Wook, how about you? Do you have lover? I meant, in our school, you have so much crushes there.” He let out the hands and sipped his cappuccino that the waiters minute ago.

 

Ryeowook shook his head shyly. He bowed and sipped his chocolate hot too. He just kept silent and tried to find another theme to start the conversation again. Maybe about the past relation they had. “Um, when she died, Kyu?”

 

Kyuhyun was speechless but he managed to answer in calm tone to hide his sad feeling. “When the girls were 2 years old, she got heart attack. I was late from my work and had to see her lying o n the floor while clutching Hyeorin’s hand.”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry for asking it.” Ryeowook said sorry.

 

“It’s okay. Actually I’m still feeling guilty when I left just for her, while you needed me so much. You know, Wookie, I will do anything to make you feel happy again with me, for my mistake.”

 

“No need, Kyu. I’m sure my parents are already happy there, and I am also alright right now.” He took another sip then sighed. “When you said you had to leave soon, and at the same time my family was in trouble with money and such, I didn’t know what to do. But when I saw your parents had packed your stuff and told me that they were leaving in few minutes I cried and wanted to say goodbye to you, but I got called from my mom, that my father got slipped in bathroom and he’s in hospital already. So I left your house and went to the hospital. I-I just could cry and cry when two bodies were lying on the white beds and their faces were pale. The doctor said that my father died and my mom just couldn’t take the shock. She painted and they said she was too shock. She refused to open her eyes and just like my father, she was gone.” Again, he cried in silent.

 

The guilty feeling he had grew wider and wider. He thought it’s his fault. He made mistake to a girl and had to leave his precious friend. If at that time he didn’t believe in that girl the one who had given birth of his twin daughter to save her from maniac, maybe he’s now still be a single, not a single parent with two daughters. He bitted his bottom lip and took Ryeowook’s hand again. “What happened after that?” He still wanted to know the rest.

 

“I took part time job next to the hospital as a chef; they gave me place in the restaurant. They were so kind. I wanted to take my college then they took care of me, like their own son. I went to college but not like my job, I love to be musician so I took teaching art education. About my house, I had sold it and took the money for my college. The owner of the restaurant didn’t allow me using it for nothing. I was glad they paid all of my stuff and life.”

 

“It’s because you are so lovely, Wookie.” Kyuhyun commented.

 

“Thank you.” He smiled.

 

“So, right now, where do you leave? It’s so far to back and forth from our home town.”

 

“No, they wanted me to leave by myself and make a move alone here. But once in two month I will go home.”

 

They finished their lunch and left that café. They almost took two hours for chit chat and lunch. Ryeowook afraid the principal would scold him and fire him. But Kyuhyun promised to help him explained the principal. It’s about family he said to Ryeowook. The latter had to smile and thanked him.

 

Kyuhyun had come home with his twin daughter, one in his arm, tired and sleeping, while the other was walking by herself sleepily. He took them to their room and asked them to sleep. He’s not coming to his company. He said to his secretary he had some business out. After explain to the principal, he had to wait for his daughters in car for less an hour.

 

Here he was now, in the kitchen with apron and some ingredients to make foods for dinner. His daughter must be hungry when they woke up later. While he was making the foods he kept thinking about Ryeowook. He remembered one thing; he forgot to ask where he live was. He wanted to make something to approve that he’s still in guilty. Ryeowook was like his little brother for him, always so lovely and fragile, like a family, he needed Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun needed him, too. That’s the family for, he thought.

 

Not only Ryeowook but the mother of the girls also made him felt guilty. He remembered the first time he met her. It was summer, holiday.

 

Flashback

 

It was summer, Kyuhyun didn’t need to take short semester to help his grade he’s smart by the way. He decided to meet Ryeowook at his house and went to park or movies. He’s in second years in the school and Ryeowook’s the freshman. He’s older than Ryeowook a year. But they could get along with each other like they were in the same age.

 

In the middle of his way to Ryeowook’s house, he saw a girl was running and creaming in horror towards him. She was panting and tiring. When she saw Kyuhyun was standing not so far from her she passed out. Kyuhyun gasped and shocked. He met some men were trying to take the girl but Kyuhyun moved fast he carried her bridal style the running as fast as he could to the old building near there. He tried to catch some air then wake her up. He stared at her in view minutes before he said ‘Ugh’ then wake up.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked curiosity. He helped her to sit.

 

“Yeah, thank you.” She bowed her head and said thank.

 

“Why are you running and who were they?”

 

She shook her head and cried. “My name’s HyunJi, Lee HyunJi. I didn’t know what happened but it seemed they wanted to me and killed me.”

 

“Umm, where do you live anyway?” he asked again. This time, HyunJi looked at him at showed her sweet smile.

 

“Not so far from here. But you don’t have to take me home. I’m fine.”

 

“What if they are still trying to do bad thing to you?”

 

The girl thought for awhile. He’s right, what if they still wanted her. She hugged him and said thanks many time. He took her home and said to be careful next time.

 

After the meeting, they got close slowly, but HyunJi always freaked out, scared of the maniac that still wanted her to be them. And Kyuhyun the other hand always be a kind heart didn’t want to let bad thing happen to his new friend. He always helped her, accompanied her in her house when she was left alone by her parent to work. He said lies to his parents that he had assignment and need to study together with his friend or just simple lie he wanted to sleep at Ryeowook’s house. But those all were lies, he sleep with her and made one mistake.

 

She got pregnant, it already three months and Kyuhyun just was too shock hearing it. He told his parents and they got mad at him. He wanted to tell the girl it was mistake, but the baby HyunJi was carrying was his. His mother decided to separate them but his father made another plan. He could take the responsibility but in ne condition, took college in Seoul and be the CEO for exchanging his father.

 

He agreed and finished his school first. It took three months and they were ready to leave. But one thing he forgot at that time. Ryeowook. The later said befor his graduation that he wanted to take vacation with him, he agreed. But right away he forgot everything. He just focused on her and her. It’s his fault he didn’t control himself toward HunJi.

End of flashback

 

He rubbed his face because the past memory made him sweating. He promised to himself not to make the same mistake. That’s why he had not had a new mother to his daughters. He just didn’t know what another reason behind it. He didn’t want make another women to get pregnant if he didn’t love her at all, and of course Ryeowook was his priority too, but he had another one that he himself didn’t know what it was. It’s like something was waiting for him. To be happy maybe.