Trapped

Not Her, but Him

"I-I'll be right in the hospital," Mrs.Yoon, the Woollim high librarian, stammered.

With trembling cold hands, she hung up the phone and grabbed the library keys inside her bag before scanning the room quickly. She then went out hastily and locked the glass door, unaware that she had trapped two students inside.


"Aish!! Can't I go home?" L complained for the thousandth time.

Yeonjoo grunted. "Look, you're the one who chose me and you're lucky enough that I didn't reject you,"

L opened his mouth, about to say something when he realized that the girl in front of him was right. After all, he was the one who acted like a freaking boss, choosing Yeonjoo as his team member in the class.

"Hold this," Yeonjoo then threw him a book from the shelf which he successfully caught.

Suddenly, the both of them heard the clicking of a key from the front door. They rushed towards the door and true enough, they're worst nightmare had became a reality.

Yeonjoo pulled the door and shook it but there were no result. It was locked.

"!" She cursed before shaking the door again.

"YAH!! Stop being so stupid!" L suddenly shouted.

He sighed and put his gaze away from Yeonjoo who was staring at him.

"It won't get us out of here," he said.

Yeonjoo sat down on the floor and looked at her phone.

5 30 pm.

She needed to be back in another thirty minutes if she doesn't want Sunggyu to kill her.

"Stand up."

"What?"

"Do you think sitting down there like an idiot will solve the problem?"

Despite feeling offended, Yeonjoo got up and followed L who roamed around the library, still carrying the books which Yeonjoo had threw to him. He suddenly stopped in front of a window at the back of the library. It wasn't that big and moreover, it was located quite high.

L looked at the girl beside him.

"Can you?"

Yeonjoo smirked.

"I was born to do this," she said with a chuckle as she dragged a chair in front of the window and hopped onto it. She tip toed and threw her heavy bag pack against it. The window flung open and with her long legs, she hopped out.

After an obvious thump, L was sure she had landed on the ground.

"What are you waiting for?!" Yeonjoo shouted while cleaning her skirt.

For a moment L was amazed by Yeonjoo's quick move but then realized that he should get out of there too. Just like what Yeonjoo did, L hopped out from the window and landed beside her.

"I didn't expect Kim Sunggyu's sister to do that," he said, half teasing.

Yeonjoo rolled her eyes. "I need to do this so I can have freedom. Sunggyu oppa won't let me get out late at night," she said and they started to walk down the small alley.

"Does that means you like to go out late?"

Yeonjoo shrugged her shoulders, saying 'obviously' to L indirectly.

He laughed a bit.

"But, unlike you, I do focus at my studies at the same time," she attacked him.

They kept on walking in silence until they stopped at an intersection.

"Where should we go?" L asked while turning his head left and right.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking that? I'm still not familiar with this place,"

"Are you saying you were walking without knowing where are we?"

"I was following you!"

"No! I was following you Kim Yeonjoo!"

Yeonjoo glared at him and L shut his mouth.

"Idiot!" She hissed.

"You aren't suppose to call me that!"

"What? Am I suppose to say you're a smart ?"

Once again, L wasn't able to talk back. She had this amazing skills of keeping people quiet.

"Shouldn't we turn to the left, since our school is facing that way?" Yeonjoo finally asked while pointing her hand to the main school building.

L nodded and they went left.

However, it didn't go as they expected, they couldn't even see the school anymore.

"Can't you just ask someone here?" Yeonjoo told L.

"Ask who?"

Their surroundings were already quiet and not a single person was visible. It was starting to get dark. They kept on walking, clueless.

"I'm hungry," Yeonjoo mumbled softly followed by her stomach growl. Sunggyu did call her but Yeonjoo didn't dare answering him. She knew her brother would not like it if he hears that she was lost. With L.

"Let's just eat first," the guy beside her said.

"Eat? We don't even know where are we,"

"So? Its not like there aren't any place to eat right?"

However, before Yeonjoo could argue again, L grabbed her wrist and dragged her into a small random bistro at the side of the street.


"Alright!! Let's eat~ I'm starving" L grinned widely and started eating.

He then looked at Yeonjoo who was staring at the bowl of hot soup in front of her. She had zero attempt on touching it. She's hungry but something made her lost her mood in eating, and its probably because of the arrogant guy infront of her.

"Hey sunggyu's little annoyingg sister. Eat it will you? I paid for that!" L said, frowning a little seeing yeonjoo not eating her food.
 
"Tsk, Why do you even care? And i dont think spending this amount of money even matters to you, rich boy," She said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.
 
"You want to argue right now Yeonjoo? Really? Okay then, I'll tell you why i care so much. Because Kim Yeonjoo, if you get sick, you won't be able to help me on the project," L told her, keeping his flawless face emotionless as usual.
 
Yeonjo gritted her teeth before she took a sip of her soup. She could sense L's satisfied smile from accross the table, but something was on her mind. That smile seems different from his sracastic ones, it actually seemed like a really genuine smile.
 
The both of them ate in silence until they were done, and just when they wanted to exit the place,it suddenly rained. hard.
 
"!" L cursed as he and yeonjoo quickly sheltered under the extended roof of the small restaurant.
 
"Great. First, we got lost and now its raining so hard, the world is totally against us" Yeonjoo rolled her eyes and cursed silently.
 
"Kids.. I have an umbrella, but you have to share it, since I only have one," the old lady that owned the bistro suddenly went out and extended her right hand which held an old shabby umbrella.
 
"Uh.."
 
"That's fine, we'll take it. Thanks," L said and bowed down after taking the umbrella.
 
He opened it and went down the road with Yeonjoo following behind him. She could even feel her back getting wet because of the rain, she doesn't like walking or being too close with people yet, especially whom she wasn't really close too. Its irritating in some way.
 
L stopped walking abruptly and faced yeonjoo
 
"What are you doing? You want to get wet? Come closer will you, I dont bite."

Yeonjoo eyed him wierdly and scoffed, she raised her hands and wanted to refuse the 'manly' offer but she was suddenly pulled by L's grip on her wrist, she didn't even realise that, how is that possible?

With small and uneasy steps, she walked under the umbrella beside L, she could even feel their shoulders brushing against each other, and it wierdly made her super awkward and what?

Nervous.

 
"Hey, brat, Which way is ur home? Is it still the old one? I'm guessing it is. Alright then,  I'll walk you," he said, not making any eye contact with her.
 
Yeonjoo was quite baffled for a while and quickly replied, almost unnaturally.
 
"That's not necessary,"
 
L glared at her.
 
"Mwoh? Are you blind or what? It's still raining, unless if you want to go home soaked then i'm totally cool with that," he said, somewhat chuckling.
 
Yeonjoo opened , wanting to talk back but then she realized that he was right. It was raining and she would get sick. And once she's sick, Gyu wouldnt stop bugging her and acting all... The cheesy big brother he is.
 
"Yah! stop daydreaming. We're almost there," L said in his annoying tone when they arrived at an intersection, breaking yeonjoo's thoughts.
 
"Wait, how Do you know my house?" Yeonjoo frowned, glancing at L, and right at that moment, she was mesmerized by L's flawless side profile, she didnt even notice that she was staring at him for quite some time.
 
L looked back at her and nodded blankly, "I just do."
 
Yeonjoo wanted to ask him 'How' but kept it for herself when she remembered that L and her brother used to be close friends.
 
They walked alongside of the main road when suddenly, a car, driving with full speed passed beside them. Yeonjoo was not paying attention at the car and walked blankly, not realising there's a big puddle beside her.
 
"Yah!Be careful!" L grabbed Yeonjoo's arms and switched place with her before the water had the chance to be splashed on her skirt. Yeonjoo was surprised when she was suddenly pulled and when she realised that L's jeans were now soaking wet.
 
L glared at her before snapping, "I told you not to day dream! Look at my pants! Aishhh..."
 
"Sorryy...but.. Thanks anyway," Yeonjoo said, giggling softly.
 
'I guess L isnt such a bad guy. He's kind of funny too' .
 
L narrows his eyes at her and muttered, "You owe me a lot Kim Yeonjoo."
 
The girl laughed and replied a quick 'sure'.
 
They finally arrived at Yeonjoo's massive house. She pressed the bell and waited for the main gate to open.
 
"You can go home now L, i dont want my big bro to see you here."
 
L nodded but before he could turn around Sunggyu was already infront of them, he shot a deadly glare at L before pulling her sister inside.
 
"Why are you with her? I think i made it clear that both of you shouldn't ever be together,"  
 
L snorted and looked at him sharply.
 
"Oh? You did? Too bad, i didn't remember. Oh and by the way, I deserve a 'thank you' from you. Why? Because, without me, you sister would've been soaked wet and I don't know, probably would've fainted in the middle of the street because she doesn't have an umbrella and it's raining so hard a while ago." He said sarcastically.
 
Sunggyu scoffed and leaned closer to L.
 
"Well then, thankyou Mr. L, or should I say Mr.Kim Myungsoo?"
 
"You. Don't. Have. The. Right. To. Call. Me. That. Anymore." And with that L shot a really nasty glare at sunggyu before leaving them. That glare even shocked Sunggyu 'I've never seen him that mad before.'
 
Yeonjoo then went inside the house and sat beside Sunggyu who had dropped himself on the couch.
 
"Why should you be likenthat towards him oppa? He was just helping me." She told him.
 
"That is how Myungsoo is okay? He'll be all nice and helpful at first but you dont know what he's actually planning behind your back, losten to me yeonjoo, L isnt like what you think. You dont know him," he answered, his eyes never leaving the tv screen that was now switched on.
 
Yeonjoo frowned a little at the mean comment her elder brother made.
 
'I really don't think L is like that. I just know so.' But of course, she didn't say that out loud for his brother to hear, instead she replied with a low and cold, "Okay then, but like i said before, i can't promise you anything. I'm doing a project with him and whether we like it or not, i'm one group with him, okay?"
 
Sunggyu sighed and furrowed his eyebrows a little hearing his sister somewhat 'defending' his worst enemy.
 
"Are you defending L right now yeonjoo? Huh?" 

Yeonjoo made a face and replied, "What? Are you crazy? Why would i do that?" 

Gyu didnt answer his sister and looked back at the tv screen, but something was bothering him. 
 
' Just what have they been doing together for her to stand up for someone like him?'
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's note:
Hey readers~~ We know it has been a long time since we've updated and we appologize for that ><
It had just been a hectic time since school started TT
But anyway, we do still want to hear comments from you all and if you don't mind, please subscribe or upvote! That would mean a lot ^^
THANKS :D