Cold stare

Not Her, but Him
"Yeonjoo-ah~!"
 
Yeonjoo grunted and turned around only to find out that her brother is standing in front of the school gate, waving at her with a huge grin on his hamster-like face [which is very adorable xD]. 
 
With heavy steps, she dragged herself towards her brother.
 
"Oppa, stop treating me like i'm a 5 year old. I'm big enough to walk home by myself," she said.
 
"No. you're coming home with me." Sunggyu said sternly.
 
Then again, there she was, left with no choice but to follow her brother. 
 
 
The reason why she never talked back to her brother was because she really really loved and respected him. The fact that she only had him throughout her entire life while their parents only cared for wealth, made Yeonjoo treat him differently.
 
They took the bus and sat at the back seat.
 
Yeonjoo was quite amused at the fact that they're riding home on a public bus and not their usual slick black BMW car. "Can't you be nicer to people around you?" Sunggyu's sudden question interrupted Yeonjoo's thoughts.
 
She looked at him and sighed.
 
"You mean towards your oh-so-elite group members?" She asked, being a little sarcastic.
 
"Well, not only to them, but also to people around you, and stop calling my group 'elite' you're starting to sound like one of my fan girls."
 
Yeonjoo giggled a little before she lowered her gaze. 
 
"I dont mean anything bad yeonjoo-ah, its just that you're a new student here,isn't it a good thing to make a good first impression to the teachers and the others? Maybe you can make some new friends, I mean, look at you, you're beautiful yeonjoo. You are the definition of what people call 'ulzzangs', i'm sure many wants to be friends with you. And Also, I'm the leader of Infinite 4, and also a representative of woollim high and you're my younger sister so-"
 
"You need to maintain your image." Yeonjoo interrupted. 
 
Sunggyu looked at her with a worried and serious expression, he sighed and sunk into the bus seat.
 
"Alright Alright, I'll try. But i can't guarrantee you that it'll make any difference oppa." Yeonjoo finally said after she rolled her eyes.
 
Sunggyu immediately put on his wide grin and hugged his sister lightly. He knew that his sister was obidient towards him and he knew that she couldn't bear making him feel dissapointed, it was something that he really loves and appreciates from her.
 
"Thanks a lot Yeonjoo," he said as he patted her head whereas yeonjoo let out a long and irritated sigh. 
 
She didn't like the idea of being kind to people around her. Especially when those people are nothing but strangers to her. However, this was something that her brother asked for and she could never have the heart to let sunggyu down, so, she will do it. 
 
It won't harm her anyway... Right?
 

 

"Class! Attention! Today, I'll be giving you all a project in which it would be submitted at the end of the school year. It's a big project, so I need you to work in a group of three. you can choose your own team member for this project. Remember, the theme is about traditional korean culture. I want photographs! Interviews! And last but not least, presentations. And while you are presenting your presentation, i want ALL 3 of you to each speak about your work. Is everything clear?" The class was quiet when Mrs.Park asked.

"I said.. Is everything clear?!" her voice boomed and immediately the whole class answered with a loud, "NEH!"

Mrs.Park flashed a satisfied smile and continued,

"Since everything is clear. I'll give you all 10minutes to quickly form your group and i want the names of your group with the members before the bell rings."

The class immediately became noisy and yeonjoo could see people running here and there to their friends, asking them to be in a group. Some even already gave their group names to Mrs. Park.

Yeonjoo groaned and scribbled randomly on her table.

She hated team works and group projects. To put it in a simple way, she hated socializing with random people.

Urgh.

She suddenly remembered her promise with Sunggyu and sighed.

Well then, this was the chance to make new friends and make her brother proud. 

 
"L!! Let me work with you!" 
"I'll be a good team mate if you choose me, L!"
"L oppa! i'll be your team mate! its fine if i'll do all the work!" 
 
Yeonjoo rolled her eyes on hearing her classmates squeal.
 
'What is so good about the arrogant guy? All he have is that handsome face of his. tsk,' She thought.
 
"Can't you girls keep quiet?! You're just going to irritate him more." Sungjong snapped as he glared at one of the girls.
 
"OMG! LEE SUNGJONG JUST TALKED TO ME!!"
"NO ITS ME HE WAS TALKING TO!"
"WHAT?! NO!"
 
Sungjong cringed at how loud the girls were being right now. He tried to calm the situation down but it doesn't seem to work.
 
"I found out who i want to be with for the project work," The whole class became silent upon hearing L's statement, even Mrs. Park was amused at the sight infront of her.
 
Yeonjoo raised her brow and looked at his back view (Well, since she's sitting behind him).
 
"And that person is..," L turned around and pointed his finger directly towards Yeonjoo. At that instant, everyone's stare was already on her.
 
Yeonjoo widened her eyes and nearly choked on her own saliva, "..her" L continued, flashing his billion dollars smile towards yeonjoo.
 
She was about to protest but was interrupted by the voice of Mrs.Park, "Kim Yeonjoo, do you want to work with Kim Myungsoo?" Mrs. Park asked although she was secretly hoping that the new girl would stay away from the troublemaker.
 
"S-Sure," Yeonjoo answered, feeling abit unsure about this.
 
"Alright then, I guess we can start discussing the project now," the teacher said.
 
 L, followed by Sungjong, immediately came to sit next to Yeonjoo. 
 
"So erhm.." Yeonjoo started, feeling the awkwardness in the air. "Is it Myungsoo or L?" She asked while at the same time forcing a smile.
 
"L. You're a nobody to call me Myungsoo," L answered her coldly.
 
Yeonjoo was taken aback by his reply.
 
"How about you?" She asked quickly looking away from L to Sungjong.
 
"You can call me Sungjong," Sungjong answered her with a smile. 
 
"So, what will we do the research on?" Once again, it was Yeonjoo who was making the effort to communicate with them.
 
L scoffed and put his face closer to Yeonjoo.
 
"We?? There.Is.No.'We', in this project. Its 'you'. I don't give a damn about this project and i'm pretty sure you know that. So why don't you try and think about the research and all those . I just need you to put my name at the end of the presentation and whatever the rest is," L told her. 
 
Yeonjoo blinked at him and scoffed.
 
She couldn't take this anymore, this guy is horrible.
 
"What? Do you think I'm your slave?let me tell you something, you girly dude. Don't feel all mighty and powerful just cause you've got girls following you around like ing leeches and girls or maybe even guys squealing and complementing at how good your stupid face looks. And trust me, I'm not one of those people who would fall for your so-called charm. The only reason I agree to work with you is because I pity that you would lose your face in front of the whole class if I rejected your offer," Yeonjoo said while trying not to shout.
 
She was loosing her patience already. 
 
If trying to be friendly doesn't work, her only choice is to go back being cold. 
 
The bell then rung and the students dispersed to the canteen immediately after Mrs. Park went out of the class. Yeonjoo stood up and walked towards the door, but before she could step out of the class, L grabbed her wrist. She turned back and tried to free herself but he was too strong.
 
He moved his face closer to hers that yeonjoo had to lean backwards.
 
L shot her his piercing glare that made yeonjoo flinched just by looking at his eyes.
 
"I.don't.need. any pity from a girl like you. you think i'm just 'acting' all powerful and mighty? Pfft, let me tell you something new girl. I. am. powerful and mighty here. So let's just keep things simple before it gets ugly, that not even your brother's elite group could save you," L warned her, voice cold and hard. 
 
"Yeonjoo?" Both of them turned their head and saw Sunggyu standing in front of the class.
 
L quickly released his grip and backed away.
 
"So see you soon Yeonjoo~," L smiled widely at her before heading out of the class, followed by Sungjong.
 
Sunggyu looked at her sister and spoke once L and sungjong went away. 
 
"Believe me, i tried. I really did try to be friendly to him but I don't know what his pro-" 
 
"No, its fine, you dont have to be friendly or even do any sort of contact with him" Sunggyu said with a stern voice.
 
"What?"
 
"Just stay away from him. He's a troublesome,"
 
Yeonjoo kept quiet. She wanted to say something but she wasn't sure what to say. 
 
"What's wrong, joo?" Gyu asked her. 
 
"Keeping away from him would be hard," 
 
"And why is that?" 
 
"Because I'm doing a project with that bastard."
 

'what did i get myself into?'

 
"What happened? You looked..er..Angry?," Hoya asked as he stuffed his homemade sandwich into his mouth. 
 
"He's just trying to regain his image back," Sungjong answered hoya with a laugh.
 
L glared at the two friends sitting accross him at the cafeteria. 
 
"And who would dare to ruin the image of flawless kim myungsoo?" Hoya asked and took a sip of his cold drink. 
 
"Kim.Yeon.joo.," L answered, emphasizing each and every syllable of her name. 
 
"Kim yeonjoo? You mean Kim Sunggyu's younger sister?" 
 
"Yeah.Her. I don't get why the heck is she so different from her brother. She's got this cold aura around her, and not to mention she got one heck of a courage to actually talk to me like that" L rolled his eyes. 
 
"Oh.. Jinjja? This will be interesting," Hoya chuckled. 
 
"And the best part is that we'll be working with her in the year-end project," Sungjong added while grinning.
 
Hoya laughed and patted L's back.
 
"Good luck Myungsoo-ah!" he said.
 
L glared at hoya as he chewed his gum and stared at a specific figure at the table on the corner of the cafeteria.
 
 

"I guess my sister didn't get the chance to introduce herself in a more appropriate way yesterday, so she would like to fix that," Sunggyu said with a smile when he and Yeonjoo joined the others at the cafeteria.

Yeonjoo forced a smile and waved awkwardly, making sure to make eye contact with each of the members. 

 
"Annyeong, I'm Kim Yeonjoo. Nice to meet you all," She said and bowed down a little.
 
Woohyun nodded and smiled upon seeing her effort.
 
She sat beside Sungyeol and ate quietly. 
 
"By the way, let's go to that new cafe I've been talking about lately after this," Dongwoo said grinning. 
 
"I can'-" 
 
"I'm free after this and Yeonjoo would be more than happy to join us," Sunggyu said and shot her a glare before his sister could finish her sentence.
 
"O-of course.. I'll join you all, as long as you guys don't mind," Yeonjoo said, her tone sounding a little bit colder than she expected it to be. 
 
"Of course not yeonjoo, you're one of us now," Woohyun said with a smile. 
 

"Yeonjoo, are you coming?" Yeonjoo lifted her head when she heard someone calling out for her, she found Sungyeol in front of her class, waving at her and smiling.

Her class was just dismissed and she was in the middle of packing her bag and honestly, sungyeol picking her up from her class like that is catching a lot of attention from the girls. The girls who are now sending death glares to yeonjoo. 

She smirked at them when she realised she was right now being 'entertained' by their stares. She quickly tidied up her bag and stood up. She grabbed her bag and some heavy books.
 
"Alright, let's go," she then walked out of the class.
 
"Where are the others?" she asked Yeol.
 
"Oh, they went already but I came here first since we finish school earlier," Yeonjoo nodded as they walked side by side.
 
"I'll carry those,"
 
"Oh.. You don't..."
 
But before she could say anything else, Sungyeol grabbed the books above her hand.
 
"Thanks,"
 
"So... Why is it that you and Sunggyu hyung are totally different?" Sungyeol chuckled as they walked out of the campus.
 
Yeonjoo shrugged her shoulders.
 
"Well, unlike him, I don't think it's necessary to be friendly to everyone," Yeol nodded and opened the cafe door, she's starting to feel that maybe these elite boys aren't as bad as she thought they were.
 
However Yeonjoo freezed when her eyes caught something or more specifically 'someone' extremely familliar. 
 
Her eyes were staring at three men at the back of the cafe or rather staring at a specific person with the black coloured hair.
 
"What's wrong?" Sungyeol asked, when he realised she wasn't following him inside. He followed her stare and immediately stayed still too. 
 
"Its them, the-"
 

"HSL"