Chapter Two

Love, Fire

 

 

Heads Up : Kind of a short Chapter. No proof read.

 

 

Donghae’s POV

 

He is running into the building!!!

My eyes widened.

He is crazy!

I started to run to him but someone hold me.

He can’t help it if there is a kid in danger!

Please let me go!! He can’t take care of himself!!

Why don’t you let me go??? He needs me!!

I struggled more but I couldn’t do anything.

“No! NO! Let me GO! Hyukkie!!! HYUK!!!”

I heard my own voice.

He disappeared into flames.

My mind went blank.

 

End of POV

 

Donghae kept struggling but it was no avail. They didn’t let him go.

“Please! I have to! I promised him to always protect hyuk! Please let me go!”

“Donghae! Please Think! If you go after him the chance of saving both of you, Or if the kid is still alive, three of you becomes lesser! You are a fire fighter, You of all people should know the building loose it’s strength in this condition if you go in there, And the chance of floor’s falling increases! I know You want to help but you should think of some other way!”

The captain yelled to the now calm Donghae. He was stressed but he tried to think and concentrate on the ways he could save his precious best friend.

And Bam! He just saw the walkie talkie.

 

***

 

 

“Hyuk??? Can you hear me?”

Donghae tried to be calm.

“Oh Hae! Thank god I totally forgot about it!”

A huge grin appeared on his face.

“Hyuk Are you okay? Did you find the kid?”

“Yes Hae, I found him and he is safe with me.”

Yay!I knew he would do this! He thaught.

 “But all the ways to the stairs are blocked. I don’t know where else…”

Donghae’s eyes widened and showed nothing but pure fear.

 “Hyuk!! HYUKKIE!! Are you still there??? Are you okay??”

“I’m okay Hae, I’m okay, No need to freak out. But I guess I found the way. Can you get the fire truck to the west side of the building? The only way here is the window on this side.”

“Got it Hyuk. I’m on it.”

I’ll save you. I’ll keep my promise.

 

“Over here… Yeah, yeah… a little bit more… that’s it! Stop right here!”

Donghae yelled happily and ran to the fire truck. He then went to the ladders and after setting the right angle and height, climbed the steps in a fast speed.

 

***

 

It was getting harder and harder to breath for Hyukjae. Even though felt relief when he saw the fire truck, He couldn’t deny that if they won’t reach them right now, He will probably pass out because of the heat and smoke. He looked at Taemin in his arms to check if he is okay. The Kid was slightly shaking, But still clutched Hyuk’s  uniform tightly and pressed his face to his chest. A faint smile found his way to his face and he hold the kid tighter in his arms.  He somehow forgot about his dizziness.

Another angel is saved… Thank god… and nobody is hurt… not like when-

“Hyukkie!!”

He jumped by the sudden voice since he got carried away with his thoughts. He saw donghae climbing up the ladder and get’s closer to him.

“Hae!! Right here!”

When Donghae appeared in front of the window They exchanged a smile and a node. Hyukjae went to the side of the window to let donghae break the window’s glass. A shattering sound was heard and in a link of an eye donghae was in front of him.

“Give me the Kid!”

Another wave of dizziness hit Hyukjae but he tried to ignore it and gave Taemin to Donghae. Taemin looked scared at first but after he saw the reassuring smile of hyukjae slowly loosed his fist and circled his arms around donghae’s neck.

 Donghae then stepped on the windowsill and slowly and carefully got one of his legs on the ladder and then the other leg. He then took a hold of ladders with one of his hands and started to climbing down.

“Hurry up, Hyuk! I don’t know how much time the building has until it-“

Just when donghae started to say this a loud crack was heard and with a load noise part of the apartment fell down.

“HYUKKKK!!”

“I’m right here!”

Donghae looked up –He didn’t dare to actually look at the building after the destruction- and sighed in relief.

Hyukjae was on the first step of the ladder, trying hard to not lose his balance, which seemed kind of hard for him. He had a little injury on the side of his forehead and his dizziness was increasing.

Donghae sighed in relief and climbed down the ladder as fast as he could with hyukjae right behind him. When he stepped on the ground, the kid’s brother ran to them. He opened his arms as he got near them and Taemin wasted no second in jumping in his brother’s arms. The captain got near them while their other friends/co-workers were busy finishing down the fire.

Both of them gulped after seeing the captain’s face.

“Are you both out of your minds??Don’t you know how dangerous is…”

He started yelling at them. Everyone knew about captain Yang’s temper. As much he was a caring and honorable  captain, He hated the times that his men disobeyed him. And in fact, The reason of his anger is because he was scared. He loved all of his men as his brothers and he couldn’t bear with losing them.

“Captain, Calm down! See we are safe now and the kid is saved! Seungho hyung, Don’t be like this!”

Donghae started while trying to defend themselves (And defending hyukjae more, of course) And didn’t realize that Seungho is now focused on Hyukjae who was right behind him and yelped when seungho pushed him away to make his way to hyukjae.

“Hyuk!”

The moment he heard Seungho yelled his best friend’s name his heart fell. He turned around and saw that hyukjae fell unconscious in Seungho’s arm.

Oh, No.

 

 

 

 

A/N

So, Hi, All of my subscribers and readers... First of all, I want to say sorry to take this much time to update... Readind the secod chapter seemed like the worst nightmare to me and It turned out totally different than what I had in my mind (& I have to say I'm still kinda not satisfied with the result), But I hope you like it.

I'll try to update the next chapter sooner... So, Bye for now...