Chapter Three

Love, Fire

As always no proofread.

 

 

 

Hyukjae’s POV

 

Blurry lights.

Weird, unclear noises.

Voice of unknown machines.

Oh, no, once was not enough? The history is repeating? What did I lost this time???

I feel dizzy.

I just wanted to get out of where the hell I am just to make sure that everything is okay.

I can’t breathe anymore.

Maybe I’m dead.

Or… I’m going to meet …him?

 

End of POV

 

Donghae’s POV

 

After we reached to the hospital, they took him to the emergency room. I cried and begged them to let me in, even though I knew it was useless, and in the end they still didn’t let me see him.

My feet were shaking and I couldn’t stand anymore, so I just sat on one of the seats near the emergency room’s door. It was so long since I cried like this… But I couldn’t help it.

Hyuk was my best friend all my life; I cannot even remember the time that he wasn’t in my life. We were neighbors and we grew up together. I knew everything about him, which includes his love for kids. Nothing makes him happier than see a kid-whether it’s a little boy or a little girl- smile and laugh. That’s why I’m actually not that surprised for his attempt to save the kid. He always does this. He tries to save children even if it costs his own life.

I feel someone shaking me and I looked up only to find the kid Hyuk just saved in front of me. How long is he here? And I didn’t even notice it…

“Um… I’m… Sorry… H-hyung… But… Can you please tell me…”

He looked at me with eyes full of unshed tears.

“Can you tell me how is Hyukkie Hyung?? Is he… He is okay, right?? Please tell me… please tell me he is okay…”

Before he could even finish his sentence, He burst in tears.

I hugged him.

I hugged him and tried to calm him, Tried to convince him –And my self- That everything will be fine.

“It’s okay… It’s okay kiddo…”

I hugged him and moved us back and forth, In order to calm him down.

“You don’t have to worry… Hyukkie hyung is so strong… He always does that… And he always makes it… You know why kiddo??”

I felt him shook his head on my chest.

“Because he is like a Hero… He has to be here to save kids from the fire… God doesn’t want to give this mission to anyone else…”

I couldn’t help but chuckle at the end. What the hell I was saying? I didn’t even make sense even to myself. Maybe I’m just that desperate to think that god will never let Hyukkie leave this earth – And me.

“But… but what if something happen to him? … It’s my entire fault…”

“No… Why do you even say that?? He is a fire fighter… It’s his job… He was aware how dangerous is his job when he chose to be one…and…”

I still hugged the kid and his back.

“I’m pretty sure if he didn’t save you today, He could never forgive himself...”

 His sobs got weaker and weaker until it stopped completely. I didn’t have to look at him to say he fell asleep. Poor kid. It was a though day for him too.

I looked around only to see his brothers in a few steps. He noticed me and got near me. He motioned me to give him the boy and I put the boy in his arms. He laid his little brother on the seats on the opposite side of me and then took off his jacket and put it on his brother. He then came and stood right in front of me.

“I… I just really want to thank you and specially your friend for saving my little brother… After our parent’s passed away, He is the only one left for me…”

He bowed.

“Thank you, Really, I own you so much for this.”

“No, Don’t say that. It’s our job. You don’t need to thank me, I didn’t do anything. It was all Hyukjae. He loves children and as long he can save one of them, He doesn’t care what might happen to himself. I’m pretty sure he is happy as long as he knows your brother is safe. And please sit down for a moment, you must be so tired.”

He nodded and sat in the seat next to me.

“You and your friend are quiet close?”

I looked at him surprised.

“You can say that… But why did you asked this?”

“Well, you were so anxious when your friend fainted, and you were the one who insisted to accompany him to the hospital… “

“Well, He is my child hood friend, but…”

I didn’t even know why I was saying this to a stranger.

“Something happened to him a few months ago and…”

Just then the room of the emergency room opened and a nurse came out.

“Lee Hyukjae’s friends or family, Please come here!”

I ran to her.

“Yes, I’m his friend! Tell me, Is he okay?? How is he? What happened exactly? Wh-“

“Can you please lower your voice a little? It’s a hospital for god sakes! And please follow me! Your friend is okay, He is sleeping for now, But he is okay! You can ask all of your questions from the doctor!”

I zipped my mouth and followed the nurse. The nurse guide me to one of the rooms which Hyukjae was sleeping in one of its beds. There was a bandage in the corner of his forehead, but that was it and he looked peaceful.

I slowly got near the bed and reached for Hyukjae’s hand

“Why did you have to scare me so much? You know how important you are to me, don’t you?? Please, please just be safe.”

I sat on the chair near the bed, still holding his hand, Waiting for the doctor to come. After a few moments, the door opened and a doctor came in.

“Hi, I’m Doctor Choi and I’m here for patient Lee Hyukjae, So, Are you with this patient?”

“Yes, Dr. choi! Please tell me what is wrong with Hyuk!”

“So, Let me see… “ He picked up the board that was hanged on the bottom of Hyukjae’s bed. “He just has a slight injury on the forehead which is not important and the reason he fainted was partly because of too much smoke he inhaled and … well… What seems like trauma… Does he have any special fear to.. I don’t know, for example fire … or height? “

Trauma? What the hell! In all the years I grew up with him he showed trauma to none of the things the doctor said.

“Are you sure Doctor? I mean, He is a fire fighter, there is no way he would have a trauma of fire, height and even closed rooms and keep on with his job?”

“Well, you are right but sometimes after an incident, an emotional one mostly, the person gets the trauma. Any incident that shaken up your friend, more important emotionally happened to your friend recently?”

That shut me up completely. None of us recovered fully from what happened six months ago, especially not Hyukjae.

“Since it seems like a big deal, especially with your friend’s profession, I suggest you to think of the way to solve this problem. From the way I see it, Your friend is not in that good of a shape either. His body is kind of weak and shows some signs of malnutrition. And by malnutrition, it’s not just that he starves himself. He may eat fine, but he works up his body too much, or in some cases some people throw up what they it not long after eating it. I think it’s better if you help your friend to overcome his problems. He lives with his family members?”

“He lives with his siblings…”

“So please ask them to come and visit me. I have to talk to them personally too. If there is nothing else I’ll take my leave.”

 “No… Thank you doctor…”

Doctor Choi left the room.

What are you doing to yourself Hyuk?

 

 

“Siwon- ah!!”

 

 

End of POV

***

 

 

“Hae Hyung!”

“Hae Oppa!”

Donghae jumped up at the sudden voice. He opened his blurry eyes and saw a dusty blonde haired young man and two young girls in front of him.

“Henry…”

He called sleepy while he was trying to figure out where is he actually. He saw all the whites and everything rushed back to him.

“Henry- ah! HyoYeon! SeoHyunnie! You don’t have to worry! The doctor was here and he said that Hyuk is going to be just fine!”

“Yeah we know Hyung”

 He smiled a little.

“We talked to Dr.Choi a few minutes ago. We are here for about an hour, just didn’t want to wake you up. It’s just that … “

 He paused. The smile on his face was fading away.

“We are so worried about Hyukkie Hyung.”

HyoYeon started to talk.

“You know better than anybody how he was in the past few months.”

SeoHyun opened his mouth for the first time since they got here.

“You know what happened with Siwon Oppa broke him.”

 

 

 

Okay, I just tried sooo hard to make up for you for the crappy chapter two (which I hated soooo much!)

Anyway, I just want to say two things!

First! I was dying in happiness when eunhyuk dyed his hair red, but why oppa??? why just for one week??? (Do I need to mention that I don't have a life? at least no life in two weeks :| )

Second! I don't know if you are an exo fan or that if you watched Music bank this week, BUT, The shirt luhan was weraing had a persian word on it, Jangjoo (pronounce a like apple a) which means warrior. I don't know if it meant something or it was just the brand they used, But I was sooooo happy when I saw it. So, Just want to say one thing to you. It's not an arabic word. arabs dont have گ. It's persian!

Here's the pic

 

That's it!

HAVE FUN GUYS!! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!