Chapter One

Love, Fire

Just a little heads up. No proof read yet.

 

 

“Fire is what I hate the most.

The only thing it does is destroying.

Destroy and leaves nothing for the people.

Yet here I’m in the middle of the fire.

Trying hard to not let the fire destroy at least one thing, one person.

Can I save him?? Can I at least save HIM?”

 

Hyukjae ran into the fire. He carelessly dodged a part of wood that was falling and ran in the way of the stairs. He climbed the steps two in one and reached to the second floor. Smoke and fire everywhere, He barely could see around. The memory of only a few seconds ago played on his head.

 

Flashback to a few minutes ago

 

“Please, I beg you! Save my little brother!! I only have him!! If I lose him, I don’t know how to live anymore!!”

The young boy barely choked out the words while crying. The poor boy was shaking and had slight burnings here and there, results of him trying to sneak to the building to save his younger brother. The Building was in flames, Out raged, Beautiful Red, Yellow and orange flames created a beautiful yet so sad Image in the dark of the night.

“Sorry but It’s too dangerous. I can’t put some of my men’s life in a great danger like this. And I’m sorry to say this, But it’s miracle if your brother managed to stay alive till now…”

 

“NO!!” He yelled. “I KNOW he is alive!! I can FEEL it!! I BEG you!!! At least let me go there myself! Please! I beg you!!”

The boy was crying so heart breaking now. One of the firemen stepped forward. His Red wavy hair bangs covered his eyes.

“Captain, Let me go in the building to search-“

“No way Hyukjae! Did you lose your mind?? You can’t go to that building!”

One of the other firemen got close to him.

“Are you crazy Hyukkie? I mean, Seriously?”

“Stay out of this Hae! Captain, I believe the young boy trapped in the building is still alive, Just let me go and check to see if-“

“Enough Hyukjae! You can’t go to the building and that’s Final!! This is an ORDER!”

The red hair wanted to protest but stopped himself. He stepped back slowly. His friend sighted in relieve and went near the fire engine.

In just a blink the red hair ran to the flaming building.

His friend followed him as soon as he saw the scene but his co-workers stopped him.

“No! NO! Let me GO! Hyukkie!!! HYUK!!!”

 

End of the flash back

 

Even with the mask he could feel it was getting harder and harder to breath. He prayed in his heart and ran as fast as he could to the bathroom, The first place he always checked to find the survivals. He finally found the bathroom and opened the door.

No one.

No one was there.

He felt his heart twitched.

Maybe He couldn’t make it. HE couldn’t survive it either.

Only when he was about to turn around and run to the exit something caught his attention.

A coughing sound.

With a new hope he started to search for the source of the sound and took of his mask to hear better.

“Hey! Hey!! Where are you boy??”

He yelled out.

“H-here…”

A small and weak voice was heard.

Hyukjae smiled happily and ran to one of the rooms which the voice was from there. In the middle of the room was a big hole that made the poor boy trapped between the hole and the wall. He looked at the boy and gave him a reassuring smile.

“Hey… Hey… It’s okay. We will be out of here in no time! Don’t you worry! Your brother is outside and is waiting for you, Okay? No need to be scared…”

The little boy who didn’t look more than ten nodded but coughed harder.

“Okay, Let me see What can we do now… . So, Want to tell me what’s your name?”

“Tae-Taemin…”

“Okay Taeminnie… My name is Hyukjae and you can call me Hyukkie hyung… So Listen to me carefully… Are you good at sports?”

Taemin looked at him with curiosity but nodded his head.

“Okay Taeminie,  want you to Jump to my side with all of your power. Don’t worry, I will catch you.”

The boy’s eyes filled with nothing but fear.

“B-but it’s all fire own there… What if-“

“Don’t worry Taeminnie… Be sure that I will catch you… You want to see your brother, Right? What is his name?”

“Min… Minho Hyung…”

“Allright… You want to see your Minho hyung,, Right? So, Believe me and jump. I know it’s scary, You have every right to fear, But Een though it’s hard, It’s the only way to save you, You understand?”

Little one hesitated for a second but after a few second nodded his head. He stood up from his sitting position and got ready to jump.

“Well down Taeminnie… You are a brave boy! … So, One my call, One… two… three!”

Taemin could swear he was never this scared in his whole life, Even more than the time his friends tried to scare him in the summer camp they went and his Minho hyung helped him back then. Then his thought went to his only family, His beloved Min hyung And made his decision. He didn’t want his Min Hyung be sad just like when they lost they parents.

“…Three!”

He closed his eyes and used all of his remained energy and jumped forward to the open arms of the new found kind hyung.

 

He was scared to open his eyes until he felt something on his face.

He opened his eyes slowly.

The pretty hyung was smiling at him while putting on the mask on his face.

“Well done Taeminnie, I knew you could do this!”

The boy hugged him tightly afraid to let go. Even though he wasn’t trapped anymore but they were still in the middle of a burning building. He just closed his eyes and clinged his arms to the fireman who in return hold him secure in his arms.

Hyukjae Stood up and looked for a way to exit the building.

The living room was totally on fire which meant his only way to the stairs was blocked.

Is there any other way out of here??? Suddenly images of passed flashed in his mind.

 

Flash Back

 

Is there any other way out of here??? Fire everywhere. He hugged the little girl in his arms tightly and looked for a way to scape.

“Hyuk!!”

He heard the voice and felt scared. What is HE doing up here? Is he CRAZY?

 

End of Flashback

 

“Hyuk??? Can you hear me?”

He was scared for a second, But sighed in relief when he found out it was his walkie talkie. He took the device out.

“Oh Hae! Thank god I totally forgot about it!”

“Hyuk Are you okay? Did you find the kid?”

“Yes Hae, I found him and he is safe with me.” He looked at Taemin and gave him a little smile. “But all the ways to the stairs are blocked. I don’t know where else…”

He stopped his talking and saw a window to the street not so far from them.

“Hyuk!! HYUKKIE!! Are you still there??? Are you okay??”

“I’m okay Hae, I’m okay, No need to freak out. But I guess I found the way. Can you get the fire truck to the west side of the building? The only way here is the window on this side.”

“Got it Hyuk. I’m on it.”

Hyukjae smiled a little in relief and started to walk to the window. He coughed a little. He could hear the sirens and screaming sounds from the outside. Then he saw the fire truck and the big ladder coming closer to them.

We are safe. He thought.