Chapter Two

Summer Love

Jung Nana steps toward her seat and lazily she slumps her body on the chair. Yawning, she puts her head on top of the table facing Suho’s table. Her eyes blink for a couple of times before she shuts her eyes down.  Too much in her head lately and she need to sort them out.

Its been two month since the last incident at the café happened. Somehow, both Nana and Suho already achieved their peace pact for each other. At first, she was still awkward around Suho. Knowing that she met again with that guy makes her stomach churn in emotions. But she can see that Suho is trying his best to make peace with her. She is definitely not a person who holds grudges against something so tedious.

Later, she discovered that Suho is actually the Kingka of the school. That definitely makes her went blank. The fact she had a few behind the scene incident with the handsome guy of the school makes it hard for her to digest the real situation.

But she gotta  to admit, in the beginning she also thinks that guy definitely a sugar. His charming smiles definitely melt the heart of the female adolescence around the school. His pheromones are irresistible.  And for that reason also, she is in depression. How can she let her own feeling be swayed by that guy. Nana tried to ignore the spark that quietly crept into her heart. Over and over again, she hypnotized herself telling that its only because Suho is good looking guy. But she’s wrong,. By the time she realize the real situation, her heart already been fully stolen by her desk mate. When she tried to sort her own feeling, she realize she is way too lost to get out from the love maze that she’s unconsciously been trapped.

“Hey sleepyhead,” Nana quickly open her eyes when she can feel cold fluid on top of her check. She returned the smiles and gently takes the juice bottle from Suho hands.

“Thanks,” she muttered. Suho put up an OK sign with his fingers.

And now she is, back to reality. Reality that the fact Suho always treated her never more nor less than a friend. Ever since she and Suho already became friends, Nana noticed the change in her surroundings. She’s getting more close to Suho. Well, thanks to the help of those three dorks. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo definitely helped her to feel comfortable around them. Their jokes and their silly puns that they always use makes her crack her stomach.

“Nana, your favourite sandwich,”  Chanyeol hand stretch out in front of her face, holding her favorite sandwich while his other hand holding his favorite tuna bun.

“Thanks Chanyeol,” she said with a small chuckle.

“Okay,” he said mumbling. His mouth is filled with his tuna bun. Nana snickered at the sight of gluttonous Chanyeol.

 These guys always spent their money on her. Sometimes, she feels burdened by the special treats that she get but the boys insisted her to take it. As returns, she sometimes treats the guys for night snacks or having fun at the karaoke or the arcade.

Nana was taking her first bite when she felt her hair being ruffled from behind.  Still with the sandwich not fully bitten from , she tilted her head upward.

“Hey lazybum,”Kyungsoo put a hand up on the air, waving. Nana frowns. She munched her food before taking a sip from the juice that Suho gave her.

“I am not lazy and definitely I am not a bum,” she said while wiped with the back of her hand. Kyungsoo scoffed before taking a seat in front of her joining Chanyeol that sitting beside him, facing both her and Suho.

“And dirty too,” he add. Nana glare to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo really know how to ruin her mood. Kyungsoo and his nags.

“You are a girl. Please be more girlish. Eat with etiquettes,” Baekhyun interrupts.  He shoved his pocket tissue in front of the girl face before he lean on the table beside Suho’s. Nana rolled her eyes. She is so used to Baekhyun pesky to her all the time. She mouthed thanks before she strips one of the tissues from the pocket.

She continued to enjoy her breakfast with the rest of the boys. She was having a good moment, not until some strangers come and ruin their breakfast session.

Nana could feel whispers around her. She held her head up and saw some of the kids whispering while shoot her with sharp glares. Most of them are not from her class, and remind her why they even here? But she already knew the answer. They all came to look for their princes. Which mean, these four guys that sat witr her right now.  She let out a tiny sigh. Why these people can’t see that these dork only treated her as a friend?  Why they even bother feeling jealous.

If only they knew that  her situation even worst. Falling in love with some guy that treated her never more than a friend! She sighs for umpteenth time thinking back about her relationship with Suho. Sometimes, she thinks its better if they never knew each other. She thinks by having crush on Suho from far is much better than being treated like this from him. She afraid she will become delusional. She afraid that she get the wrong idea. Suho always care for her, and that makes her even scared. Scared to be rejected.

She always need to face the glare that Suho’s obsessive fans shoot her. Not just Suho, the rest of those guys too. Their fans are unbelievable insane. She sometimes is forced to delivered bunch of love letters and presents to the boys from their fans. Being alone, she can’t say NO to them.  Kyungsoo used to scold her for being too kind hearted to help their fans to delivered those stupid stuffs.

“She is such an annoying ”

“She thinks she’s  good when she get to hang out with the boys. ”

“Ugh, Ignorant !”

 

Nana could feel those stabbing words on tip of her ear. Her ear immediately reddened in anger and at the same time, she feels insulted. Insulted when she needs to face those kind of words when she herself doesn’t know what is her wrongdoing towards them?

She bit her bottom lips tight, trying to surpass hot water that starting to wells up in her eyes. She could feel her hands are being grabbed tightly. She looks up at Suho and the boy gave him an apologetic looks. Nana smiles. Trying to show her normal, cheerful side.

“Ignore them,” he said while looking at you softly. She could see his forehead frowns in concern. Nana nods her head fast while show him a slight grin. She is trying hard to control her tears. Suho being kind to her makes her wanted to cry more.

She tried to forget what she just heard.  She continue her breakfast. She takes a small bite on her favorite sandwich. Somehow she lost her appetite. seems dry and makes it harder for her to swallow the food in .

Suddenly, Chanyeol silently gets up from his chair. He bang on the table furiously before  he turns his body.

He gave the girls behind him a blank glare before taking a step closer to them. Nana could see the changes in those girls expressions.

Chanyeol just stood there silent for a second before he taking a big breath before putting his plastic smiles.

“Ladies-ladies, don’t use those kinds of words to describe a much --much more pretty looking lady than you all are. Those words are only can be used by a low-life people. Or better, a third rate kind of scumbag.  You don’t want to be those kind of people right, do you? Or are you guys already categorized in those kinds of people? Its suited you guys better,” Chanyeol said with  his smile as he looks up the girls in front of him one by one. He could feel the girls were taken aback by his words. But he doesn’t care. Screw off these bullies.

Nana was shocked. She freezes in her chair. Deep inside her heart, she felt so thankful towards Chanyeol by taking her side. She smiles a little looking at Chanyeol back sides. Somewhat she feels she is been cherished a lot.

The girls are all scoffed in disbelief - feeling humiliated when they are being compared to a lowlife. Their face all flushed in anger. Chanyeol chuckled sarcastically.

“I guess not,” he said with a crocked smile on his face. He is beyond angry right now. If only they all were boys, he swear he would punch them. Baekhyun steps forward and tap his hand on hisr tall friend shoulder.

“Come on Yeol. Its useless to speak to those type of people. Let’s just go. And ladies, with all due respect, please get out of this class. You don’t belong here. You guys are an eyesore to us,” he said looking straight at those girls eyes before pulling Chanyeol arm towards the back.

He had enough. Nana need to be stopped from getting bullied. She doesn’t do any wrong.

He fed up with all those attention the girls gave him.  He doesn’t even like them a bit.

“Thanks guys. You don’t have to do that, you know?” Nana said when both of them came back. She could feel the glare the girls gave her before they taking their exit by the front door.

“Its okay. Im getting tired of them anyway. Always spouts nonsense, “Chanyeol said while resting his chin on his palm. He huffed a small breath before rolling his eyes.

“WOW! Chanyeol just said he getting tired of girls,” Suho said with a laugh. His cheekbone rose up, almost shutting his eyes. Suho and his eye smile.

“The Casanova Chanyeol said that?” Kyungsoo joins in the tease. Baekhyun shook his head in amusement.

Nana laugh at the annoyed face Chanyeol made when his friend keep on messing his hair, teasing him.

“Guys, tomorrow is the weekend. Want to go somewhere?” Nana suddenly blurted. She replied the looks those four gave her with a slight smiles.

“Whats with the surprise?” Suho asked.

Just then only she realized that her hand was still under Suho’s grip. Automatically, she blushed. How long he has held my hand?

Nana does not reply to his question, dazed.  Instead, she stares at their hands that are gripped together. She bit her lips. Her heart starting to beat more faster. Suho who confused by the silence, shoot his eyes towards the direction Nana staring at.

By that time, both of them can be seen blushing. Suho clears his throat before quickly taking off his hand from Nana’s. He scratches back of his neck awkwardly and fake a small cough.

This scene definitely been witnessed by those three idiots. Three of them exchange their teasing smile with each other. The thought of these two actions makes them trying to suppress their laugh. How cute!

“N-No, it just that I feel grateful to you guys. S-So I’m thinking why not lets have some fun on the weekend, as my appreciation,” Nana said slowly, stuttering a little. She swears she could feel a hole in her face by the endless stares by those three guys.

Kyungsoo chuckled. Appreciation?

“So, whats the plan?” he said leaning his body towards the guys. The thought of having fun thrilled him.

“Urm, how about we go to the beach.” She said slowly.

“Then its been set. I’ll drive,” Suho said with a smile, flashing his white teeth.