Not A Heartless Man

Tied By A Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I will adopt her. 

 

Yoona’s strong conviction lingers in his head for quite some time. He is now in his office, but his mind keeps on drifting on what happened this morning. After leaving the house in the midst of chaos, he immediately went to the office. But his mind keeps on wandering everywhere and he almost spill coffee in the files that he is working on. He is currently out of his mind because for the very first time in his life, he doesn’t know what to do, what to think and he’s afraid.

 

His wife wants the baby. He knows that she's humble and kind but adopt the baby? Is she out of her mind? A child is a great responsibility in every family. They live in one house but they never mingle, never talk personally and never touch each other. How can you call that 'family'? He is not used with complications, especially when it comes to relationships. One night stand and flings are the two things he is used to. That's the real Lee Donghae until he married Im Yoona. 

 

"Sir, your father is here." The secretary informs him that Mr. Lee is in his office. He needs to be in his self now or else his dad will sense something not right.

 

"My son, can I talk to you please?"

 

"Yes dad, what is it about?"

 

"About the resort island in Gwang-ju. Did you tell Yoona about it? To acquire the resort, you need her approval."

 

"Why do I need to inform her? I can decide on it all by myself."

 

"Don't be ignorant son; Yoona’s share in this company is greater than what you have. You need her approval. Just talk to her and for sure she will agree without hesitation. She's the loveliest woman ever."

 

"How sure are you that she will never give me a hard time? She is as stubborn as me."

 

"Well, I can see that you're meant to be. Same nasty characteristics my son. Anyway, what's your plan? Still no baby? My God, Donghae. We wanted to talk to the both of you and then lock the two of you in one room if that's the only way for us to have grandchildren. We badly want a little Donghae or a little Yoona and it should be as soon as possible."

 

"Dad, please stop that senseless suggestion. We are not yet ready to have a baby."

 

"I think the problem is you. I think my daughter in law is okay with having a baby any moment. I cannot understand why you are so afraid of responsibilities."

 

"I am not. I am just busy and I need to focus on business. I am multi-tasking here."

 

"I think your mom and I will die without having a grandchild. What a pity! What is money without a child?"

 

"Dad, that's enough. See you this weekend."

 

"Okay, don't forget to tell Yoona."

 

Mr. Lee leaved the office with a sad and defeated sigh. His parents keeps on asking and pleading about grandchildren. Yoona is aware too of the pressure from her parents. So they are trapped. The cruel world of marriage and the pressure to have a child- totally out of his league. 

 

"Oh Butler Kim, you're here. What happened with the investigations? Did you found the parents of the baby?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter