The Morning Surprise

Tied By A Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Clad in an expensive Armani black suit, Lee Donghae is waiting impatiently for his butler to come. He's living in the fanciest modern style house in Gangnam and he's an heir in the midst of building an empire in Korea's busiest city as well as expanding it throughout Asia. Powerful, rich and breathtakingly arrogant Lee Donghae. 

 

He is losing his patience as the clock continues to tick and it is almost only fifteen minutes before eight in the morning. He doesn't want to be late. He demands punctuality in his employees and he must do his share too. He's staring at the view outside his apartment. Today's Monday and he's definitely sure that the traffic will make his mood terrible. He paced around his kitchen to get a cold sweat from the fridge when he saw a note placed in the dining table.

 

"I'll be back on dinner. I can go home alone. Don't need your driver."

 

A sinister laugh escapes from his thin lips as he read the note. His wife definitely amused him. They are married for almost one year but they only knew each other in the most basic way. Despite his arrogance, he respects his wife and her private life. In return, his wife never asks, never demand from him. They are just two creatures existing under one roof. He doesn't know a single intimate thing about his wife.

 

Then the sound of the doorbell awakens his trance. Why on earth does his Butler use the doorbell? Why not call him and inform that he is there? His frustration escalates and he immediately goes outside. He'd seen no one outside his pristine Victorian style gate. Does someone playing a prank on him? He went further the gate and once he opened it, he gasped. A long audible gasp escaped his lips. 

 

In front of him is a small box with a precious living thing inside. He blinked, thinking that this is just a dream but to his surprise, the moment is truthfully real. A very tiny baby, maybe a newborn, was placed inside the dirty and worn-out box just a step away from his gate. He doesn't dare move a muscle. He's definitely sure that he's celibate ever since he married Yoona. It's not possible that this is his child. Impossible because he doesn't have any relationship even before his marriage. He cannot take his eyes as he froze on the spot.

 

The little bundle is wrapped in a white baby cloth and the little human is sleeping soundly despite being placed in an old dirty box. The baby is very small and looks very delicate just like those babies in the nursery of Seoul National Hospital. The chubby cheeks, thin brows and small cute eyes make the baby looks like an angel. Donghae sat down beside the box where the little baby is and admire the little breathing creature in front of him.

 

"Young master, who's this baby?"

 

He glanced up and saw his butler. Shocked was also evident in his face.

 

"I don't know. I just found the baby here a moment ago. I don't know where he came from or who brought here."

 

"What will we do about the baby? Should we call the police and the investigators?"

 

"The fact that they left the baby outside my house means that they doesn’t need this little human being. Maybe they purposely choose my house and leaved the baby here since mine is the most expensive residence in Gangnam."

 

"So what are we going to do, young master?"

 

"I think you need to phone my secretary and tell him to cancel my appointment this morning. And the baby, looks l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter