Chpt 6

Grade 8 Zeal

Elle

In these few weeks many things have happened. Lacy popularity have hit bottom rock while mine rise. Sometimes people ask Blake stupid question and i quote " plus zero hotness why date her dude?" Now that i think about it maybe it's not that stupid i guess Joey influenced me with all his talking about what's on the inside of people. No one knew Lacy before Blake even dated her and "she's certainly not a " that's what Blake says anyway, so we cant really say she's a she just changed during the process.

Frodo's relationship with Shelley have reach the next level, from what i see at least. They've been each other like it's the end of the world. Frodo's relationship have been a burden to my father since he got to start walking to the park twice the usual. For me though is a good thing, i go to Joey's house about four times a week. The good part is his house have a movie room, a game room and all that crap, it's pretty comfortable. He should show MTV his crib.

Blake and my relationship have not gone as fast as Frodo's. He always avoids me. Why? Been a love con for years and no guy has done that how was i suppose to know.

I lie on Joey's couch and watch The Big Bang Theory. "Lucky for you, i wish you were dead." Sheldon said to himself when Amy walked away with a cake and one candle not blown out. I laughed so hard tears started flowing out. "Wow what did i miss." Joey came with a bag full of popcorn i lift up my legs to give him some space. "Comfortable?" I ask him. "Yeah." He said. I lay my legs on his lap. "Hilarious stuff. Lucky for you i recorded it for you." He grab a handful of popcorn and throw it in my face. "Meh. I think this is more hilarious." Let's just say most of the house was covered in popcorn that day.

Blake

Ever since the club incident i kept my distance from Elle. If i start falling for her after hanging out i would have to compete with Joey which means things will get out of hand. The last time me and Joey fought for something we both ended up breaking our arms so competing with Joey to get Elle is not that appealing.

"We're are watching The Great Gatsby. Wanna join?" Joey ask me, we're at the school's parking lot.

"Nah, i got to do some house chores." I realise how dumb it sounds when that came out of mouth. Why would i do house chores when i have servants? I hit myself inside my brain. Joey pouted and beg me to go to the movies with him. I still rejected him, of course. I mean i'm working on my "Get away from Elle" Project.

Finally accepting reality that i'm not going, Joey told Elle to wait here while he goes to get his car. Elle stood in front of me trying to look at me right in the eye while i awkwardly look away.

"What's your problem?" Elle said. I panic in my mind a little and end up saying "What's yours." Her face knot up in confusion, "Nothing." She tried to make eye contact again. This time i looked into her eyes, afraid she might think there's really something up. "Beep!" Joey horn his car. Elle took my hand and bought me inside Joey's car. "He changed his mind." She told Joey.

Elle

I sat in the movie in between Joey and Blake. Blake have really broke my most changeling con record i usually get my victim to sign the papers by at least five weeks. And now, almost one month time, i'm not even his girlfriend yet. Have my skills really faded that much?

Gatsby went out of his pool to answer the ringing phone. While he was at it, he was shot. His body slowly fell into the pool. A sad scene. I took the opportunity and held on to Blake's arm lying on the arm rester. He pulled out his hand from mine. I was alarmed, scared even. That i'm going to fail in this mission and i have really lost my skills. Having this feeling terrified me, it was my first time feeling this. This failure feeling. Blake put his hand on top of mine and squeeze it, i looked at him. He smile at me and went back to the movie his hand still resting on mine. Just that move the feeling was gone, the failure feeling that is now on my number one hate list.

Blake

When Elle put her hand on mine, i freaked. I love that she chosen my hand over Joey's or maybe because i'm on her right and right is like the most likely and natural way to go. But whatever, the point is she put her hand on mine. I slip my hand out of hers, i took a peek at her she didn't look at me or anything else she just looked at the screen. I look at her hand that is still lying on the arm rester not moving. I miss the feeling of her touching me somehow even if it was just a few second. Stupid "Get away from Elle" project, i thought. I couldn't concentrate at the movie any longer my mind now is filled with Elle, the thought of me holding Elle's hand made me happy. it. If the thought of just holding her hand made me happy, what if i have with Elle? what if she became my girlfriend? Won't that make me the happiest man alive? I held her hand and squeeze it, she looked at me and i smile at her.

You're going to get some competition, Joey.