Missing You

Oneshots

Sunggyu hasn’t been home for a week.

A full week.

Sure, a whole week without Sunggyu meant that Woohyun had a whole room to himself; it meant one less annoying member to put up with and one less mouth to feed. So in all, Woohyun should have been happy that Sunggyu hasn’t been home for a week. Especially that Dongwoo and Hoya are so busy with Infinite H’s activities; Woohyun has practically stepped up to the title of leader within the dorm. Good riddance to all the hyungs, Woohyun was in charge now.

He should be happy; all of this power was being handed to him on a silver platter. He should be happy.

But unfortunately, he was not.

Woohyun should be happy, but he was not. Woohyun would never admit it, but he kind of missed Sunggyu. Okay, not kind of; more like a lot. Woohyun missed Sunggyu as the ocean is deep. Without Sunggyu, it is like chopsticks without a spoon, a kite without a string, a needle without a thread.

And God dammit, he was actually quoting his line from that one variety. He missed Sunggyu that much.

And that was exactly what Woohyun was doing right now, at 9 pm, on his bed. There was no one to talk to, and he just lay there, missing the leader, worrying for the leader, without a single clue when he’ll be back.

He’s been doing this for the past few days, actually. When Sunggyu left to pursue ‘solo promotions’ as he said it, Woohyun had bragged to the leader how he will have the entire dorm to himself, and how he will temporarily become Infinite’s leader, free to boss around the fellow younger members. Sunggyu just scoffed and they laughed it off.

It had been fun, for the first few days. It was like, Sunggyu was gone. Woohyun didn’t have to wake up to the leader’s annoying voice in the morning, he didn’t have to wait for the bathrooms to be free when he came back from schedule, and best of all, Sunggyu wasn’t there to tell Woohyun what he was doing wrong. For the first few days, Woohyun convinced himself that he was in heaven, and that being Infinite’s leader (in the dorms, at least) was heaven, and everything was all that he’d ever wanted, and more.

That is, until more time had passed, and Sunggyu still didn’t return.

It had been a week, since Woohyun had heard Sunggyu’s voice. He used to hate the leader’s voice, but now he kind of wanted to hear it again. Not on a video, not singing in one of their CDs, Woohyun wanted to hear the leader’s voice right there, live, from where he was.

Okay, Woohyun admitted to himself. He missed Sunggyu. Badly.

And there was nothing that could be done about it. It’s not like Woohyun could call Sunggyu; he forgot his phone in their shared room last week. In fact, it was right on the bedside table. It’s not like Woohyun could call the manager, that would just be pathetic on Woohyun’s part, not to mention absurd.

There was nothing to do nowadays. No annoying leader to talk to at night, and no more warm Sunggyu to snuggle up to when it’s cold. And , it was freaking cold right now.

It was the most terrible feeling ever, Woohyun thought and he just shut off the lights to try to get some sleep. Sure, it was only 9 pm, but there’s nothing else better to do, anyways.

-

Woohyun couldn’t sleep. Actually, he knew that he couldn’t sleep, especially when it had always been Sunggyu’s warmth settled next to him that had always helped him sleep whenever he couldn’t. And without Sunggyu here, there was little chance that he was ever going to fall asleep soon.

Woohyun grumbled inwardly to himself. Why in the world was he so dependent on Sunggyu? Was he some girl, who desperately needed her teddy bear or something to fall asleep at night? Woohyun berated himself in his mind. He was a man, and men don’t need teddy bears, or blankets, or a Kim Sunggyu so that he can fall asleep peacefully.

But nevertheless, that wasn’t going to put him to sleep.

So, he thought of Sunggyu instead. His mind sort of wandered and instinctively settled on the leader to think about. Woohyun imagined Sunggyu, warm and safe, wrapping his arms around him. He imagined Sunggyu nuzzling his nose lovingly into the back of his neck, and the breezy air that tingled his neck from Sunggyu inhaling in his scent. Woohyun imagined Sunggyu’s fingers, tangling themselves in his hair and massaging his scalp, just how Woohyun likes it. He imagined that Sunggyu was lying in bed with him right then, hugging him close and holding him tight.

Woohyun felt his eyelids getting heavy. That’s good, he said to himself. He finally found a way to fall asleep. He was not some pathetic girl who desperately needed her teddy bear or some to fall asleep. Woohyun was doing good, and then Woohyun closed his eyes, prepared for a good night’s sleep.

But just then, as he shut his eyes, the door to the room creaked open and heavy footsteps made their way over to his bed. Woohyun held his breath and didn’t move. His mind was suddenly alert, and he knew, just knew, from the figure’s breathing and the sound of his footsteps that it was Sunggyu. His Sunggyu. And he was finally back.

Sunggyu have a quiet scoff as he saw Woohyun, lying on the bed below, sleeping. “Pabo,” he whispered. “It’s cold at night, you don’t even have any blankets.”

And just like that, the idea popped into Sunggyu’s mind.

Woohyun could hear Sunggyu stripping his clothes in the dark, and he tried to refrain from turning his head over his shoulder to look at the elder.

But he didn’t get a chance to, as Sunggyu was suddenly lying down next to him on his bed. Woohyun found his back pressed up at Sunggyu’s front, just as how he imagined it just a few minutes ago. And Sunggyu was so warm.

Sunggyu pulled a few blankets over the both of them as he pressed a kiss against Woohyun’s neck. “Goodnight, love.”

Woohyun’s heart now beat like a rabbit’s caught in headlights. Love? What did that mean?

But in the next second, Sunggyu’s even breathing sounded from the man behind him, and Woohyun just let it all go.

Woohyun forced himself to relax, as he cuddled into Sunggyu’s warm body. This was what he needed all along, and he fell asleep just as easily, a small smile on his face.