Headache

Oneshots

“Hyung?” Woohyun strolled casually into his and Sunggyu’s shared room one night. “Are you feeling okay?”

 

Today, Sunggyu had been feeling cranky. Sure, he acted out his part well on camera filming their variety and radio show, but offstage, everyone could feel it. Sunggyu was in a bad mood today.

 

He yapped back at Dongwoo and Sungjong when they tried to comfort him (he almost never does that), and he even said a few mean words to Woohyun that day when he tried to help.

 

“Go away,” Sunggyu said, voiced muffled against his pillow. He was lying face down on his bed, in a bad mood and looking totally miserable.

 

“I can’t,” Woohyun almost smiled. “This is my room, too.”

 

Sunggyu made an effort to look up from his pillow to glare at the younger through his small piercing eyes. “Go away, Woohyun,” he said a little bit more venomously this time.

 

Woohyun shot the leader a concerned look, “What’s wrong, Gyu?”

 

“Shut up. I have a headache.” Sunggyu buried his face back into his pillow, and cuddled himself closer into his blankets.

 

Woohyun stifled a chuckle. Sunggyu was neatly wrapped up in small cocoon with his blankets; he looked cute, like a little baby. But Woohyun knew that Sunggyu wouldn’t appreciate his lovely comments.

 

“When did it start?” he asked instead.

 

“All day.”

 

“I see. So that explains it,” Woohyun nodded.

 

“No , Woo. I feel like , now leave me alone to wallow in my pain. Go away.”

 

Woohyun ignored the leader’s commands. “Must’ve been all the leader stress that’s gotten to you, huh?”

 

“…Yeah, it’s your fault. You and your nagging.”

 

“My fault?” Woohyun said, incredulous. “And who’s the one asking me about everything that’s happening to me, every night?”

 

“Who’s the one who complains about everything and how life is hard, all the damn time?” Sunggyu shot back, and winced as a migraine overcame him.

 

He groaned, bringing the pillow closer to his head. “Just…Forget it. Leave me alone. Go away, Woohyun.”

 

And to tell the truth, Woohyun felt sort of sorry that the leader was going through all of this pain. It must’ve been the stress, either that or Sunggyu slept in a bad position that night, but he was going to blame the stress. Life as an idol is hard, no doubt, and even harder when you are the leader of a group. Not only do you have to take care of yourself and your own idol duties, you also have to keep in check the rest of the members of the group.

 

Woohyun should stay and help Sunggyu. It’s the least he could do.

 

“Wait here,” Woohyun commanded, though faintly knowing that Sunggyu wasn’t going to go anywhere. Sunggyu didn’t respond; maybe he fell asleep, but Woohyun didn’t stick around to find out.

 

He was already moving to the bathroom. He went to the kitchen and started boiling a pot of water, and then went to the bathroom to search for a bottle of aspirin.

 

“Where are our aspirins…,” Woohyun muttered, knocking down a few bottles of pills along in his search.

 

Dammit. They must’ve run out.

 

Oh well. He’ll just have to cope, and Woohyun grabbed a small towel and soaked it in cold water.

 

In fifteen minutes, Woohyun made a basic chicken soup. He wasn’t exactly thinking about why he was doing all of this for Sunggyu; he just acted on his own.

 

Woohyun walked back into their room, with some tea, soup, and a towel.

 

“Hyung,” Woohyun shook the leader. “Hyung,” he said a little louder, when there was no response.

 

“I have a headache. Go away.” Sunggyu seemed to mutter this statement like a mantra.

 

Woohyun propped Sunggyu up to sit on the bed, ignoring excess groans from the leader from his pulsing migraine.

 

The younger took the bowl of soup and put a spoonful to the leader’s mouth. “Open.”

 

Sunggyu instinctively opened his mouth, though still half asleep. Upon tasting it, however, Sunggyu widened his eyes in recognition.

 

“Woohyun?” Sunggyu looked at the younger questioningly. “You did all this?”
 

Woohyun observed the pulsing of Sunggyu’s twitch of his eye. The poor leader really was suffering, wasn’t he?

 

“Well,” Woohyun cleared his throat, roughly spooning the leader another bit of soup. “Someone had to take care of your sorry , don’t they?”

 

“It’s just a headache.”

 

“And you’re suffering, so therefore you need help.” Woohyun fed the leader some more. He was determined to render the leader silent with his food, because he just knew that Sunggyu was going to .

 

“No, I don’t,” Sunggyu’s mouth was full, and he moved his head to avoid Woohyun’s next spoonful. “I can’t believe you’re feeding me; I’m 25 years old, Woohyun.”

 

“So, what? And I’m 23. Nothing wrong with that.”

 

No words were exchanged for a while after that, and Woohyun made sure to have the leader eat every single drop of his soup. And he made sure to spoon-feed it all to him, too.

 

“Here,” Woohyun a glass of water into Sunggyu’s face. “Drink.”

 

Sunggyu drank without questions, keeping his eyes steady of Woohyun as he drank the water. Actually, his headache was starting to subside a little. He wondered why Woohyun was doing all this, why he was treating the leader so well, but then again, maybe he already knew.

 

Woohyun brought the leader back down, to lie on his back again. He made sure to take some extra pillows for extra leverage on Sunggyu’s head.

 

Placing a wet towel on Sunggyu’s forehead, Woohyun switched off the lights. “You should go to bed now, Gyu.”

 

But Sunggyu didn’t go to bed. He didn’t respond, and just stared at Woohyun in curious wonder.

 

After about two minutes of that staring, Woohyun couldn’t take it anymore. Sunggyu’s eyes were trapping him from escape. He sighed, “What is it, Sunggyu?”

 

Sunggyu didn’t respond, for a moment. But, then, finally, “Thank you, Woohyun.”

 

He didn’t ask why, and Woohyun was glad. He sort of didn’t want to spill out his heart for the leader right now, if ever. But then again, maybe Sunggyu already knew, judging from that knowing look, full of gratitude that Sunggyu was giving him right now. “You’re welcome, Gyu.”

 

They stood, for a moment more, just staring at each other, until Woohyun finally broke stagnancy. “Well,” he coughed. “You need your rest. We’ve got a big day tomorrow, and I wouldn’t want to bother you, so I’m going to go sleep on the couch for toni-”

 

“Stay with me.”

 

Sunggyu said it so simply, but Woohyun’s heart stopped all the same. He just stared, and stared.

 

And stared.

 

Sunggyu almost started laughing at how silly Woohyun looked, but just proceeded to scoot over on his bed to give some extra room.

 

“Stay,” Sunggyu repeated, clapping a hand on the empty space on his own bed.

 

And still, Woohyun was at a loss for words.

 

“I’m losing my rest time, Woohyun,” Sunggyu said, after another few seconds.

 

That brought the younger back to his senses. “But…Wait a minute, you’re sick! And-”

 

“Just get in, Woo!” Sunggyu shot Woohyun a glare, the leader glare that made everyone obey his orders.

 

Woohyun might have felt a bit too happy to get into bed with Sunggyu, but he made sure not to show it. Yes, he tried to look as unwilling and hesitant as possible, but Sunggyu just scoffed and then Woohyun knew that he had lost because Sunggyu’s small eyes had seen right through him, yet again.

 

Sunggyu turned over, so that their backs were facing each other. “Night, Woohyun.”

 

Woohyun turned off the light on the bedside lamp. “Good night.”

 

But neither of them went to sleep right away. Sunggyu just laid there, facing away from Woohyun, while Woohyun was in a storm of thoughts in his mind.

 

And, you know what, you only live once, so it. Woohyun was going to do what he wanted.

 

He turned around, and s his arms around the leader’s waist, effectively pulling him against his chest.

 

Woohyun sighed in content. This felt much better.

 

Now, good night, Sunggyu.”

 

Sunggyu gave a small chuckle, and then proceeded to cuddle towards the vocalist.

 

“You bastard.”

 

But the both of them knew that those words meant entirely something else.