Chapter idk cause I'm lost

When Kai Breaks The Ice Princess

 

--Chanyee

"So, tell me why you're creeping on me?" I laughed as I let him into the house.

He scratched the back of his neck and sighed. "I just wanted to help you make some food."

"How'd you know that I was making food tonight instead of buying some?" I raised my brow at him.

"Chanyeol." He smiled. "He kind of made me help you."

"Wow, what a brother. He could've helped instead." I said as I took out the food from the plastic bags.

Jongin came over and started to help me unpack the load. "Even if he asked to help, would you let him?"

"Well..." I tapped my chin and he started to laugh. "What? I didn't even say anything."

"I already know your answer. Your brother can't even use a microwave, how is he supposed to help you?" Kai laughed and finished putting things away.

"Yeah, that's true." I smiled and nodded.

"So, what are you making?" Jongin put his chin in the palm of his hand while resting on the counter and smiled at me.

I felt myself melting while looking at his eyes. His beautiful eyes that were filled with lack of sleep and yet- still filled with happiness.

His eyes were never like this. Before I left- before, when I was silent and my heart was filled with ice, his eyes only showed emotions such as annoyed and anger, sleepiness and lust. Now, he looks so content with life. In a way, he looks so much more relaxed. So much more, beautiful.

"Hello? Earth to Chanyee?" He smiled and waved his hand in front of my face.

"Oh, what?" I blinked. "What were you saying?"

"Nothing." He smirked. "What are we making to eat though?"

"Oh, I'm not really sure yet.." I shyly smiled.

"I guess we'll have to get started now then." Jongin clapped his hands and nodded his head.


--Author

Chanyee started by making the cake batter and having Kai bother her. He would put chocolate on her nose or eat the batter when she wasn't looking or throwing flour at her just to get her attention.

They were acting like a couple, and Chanyee's heart felt like it was warming up. Jongin was just a sweet guy and she felt childish again. She loved that feeling. She also loved the way his name sounded when it rolled off her tongue every time she would yell at him.

As Chanyee and Kai started to cook the meal, they came into conflict when Chanyee got a mysterious call from an unknown number.

She was peacefully cutting vegetables as Kai told her funny stories of exo while she was gone in America.

Her phone suddenly started to ring. Without another thought, she picked up the call without looking to see that it was a blocked number, and said hello.

The deep voice replied with a scary laughed and then a sigh to follow right after. "Oh Chanyee, you and Kai are so cute together. Too bad that won't last long."

"What are you talking about?"

"I've been watching you Chanyee. I'm going to have you for myself, then I'll take your precious Kai away from you, and you can watch me as I take away your happiness." He spoke slowly with a murderous tone.

"What do you want?" She asked nervously.

"Oh I don't know... You?"

"Who is this?" She whispered.

Kai peeked over at her and stopped stirring the soup.

"Your worst nightmare."

"Who is this?!" She yelled into the phone. "Stop scaring me!"

The man on the other side of the call just laughed again.

"Whoever this is, I'm warning you before I call the cops. This is a sick joke." She said nervously and slammed her phone on the counter.

They stood there in silence for a while until Kai turned around and looked at Chanyee who- didn't look so good.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked her quietly.

She blinked and looked up at him, only to realize that he was still there. "Yeah, lets just finish cooking."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"You don't sound positive."

"Well I am okay? Just drop this conversation. You heard nothing." Chanyee sighed as she brought out the cake that just finished baking.

"I'm pretty sure I heard something." Kai shrugged.

"Well you didn't." Chanyee looked at him as she said that and accidentally touched the hot pan. "AH!"

Chanyee then rinsed her fingers under some cold water. She stood there for a while and Kai decided to walk over to her.

He could hear her little whines and turned her face to look at him. There were tears running down her face and her eyes looked so tired, so- empty.

"Hey, it's just a little burn. You'll be okay." Kai spoke as he held both her hands very gently in his own.

Chanyee couldn't tell him- no, that would only cause more trouble. These simple burns on her fingers weren't worth her tears, but the thought of losing Jongin was.

He was a dummy to think that she cried about her fingers, but he wasn't. He knew the phone call must've been the reason, but he didn't want to bring it up again.

So Chanyee shook her head and hugged Jongin, who just hugged her back even tighter. She started to cry some more and at that moment- she felt herself melting just a little bit more for him.