33-- Bad

Who Are You?

Today Jongin is coming home.

I couldn’t go and meet him at the hospital today though. I’d gone to visit him yesterday, resulting in missing another day of college, so I couldn’t afford to miss anymore work or I’d fall behind.

Not that I’d had any choice in the matter,

“Yah, you’re not missing another day of college just for me, I’ll be at home waiting for you when you come back. Make sure you go to your lesson, no excuses! There are no excuses for not studying, especially when you fail. Do you want to fail? I don’t want to see you fail because then I’ll have to deal with your …”

On and on Jongin lectured me until I held my hands up in surrender and it was decided Chanyeol and Sehun would come and collect him, since they had a free day from college anyway.

As soon as I step on the college premises, Sujin pounces like a lion that’s been waiting a long time for their prey.

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

Without even waiting for an answer she slaps me over the head.

“Ouch,” I squeal, clutching my head. “Are you trying to put me in hospital too?”

“I should do! I’ve been worried sick! Why haven’t you been picking up your phone you stupid annoying-”

“Stop with the compliments, they’re making me blush.”

“-Fool!”

“Why didn’t you come to the hospital then,” I say, rubbing my head while giving her a reproachful look.

“I’ve been babysitting,” She gives a huge sigh and her shoulders slump against the wall, “I feel like I’m the one that’s given birth and not my Mother,”

“I feel your pain,” I pat her arm.

“No you don’t Miss-No-Siblings.”

“You guys annoy me enough to make me feel like I have twelve siblings,” I mutter.

The lecturer comes brushing past and opens the door to the lecture room, beckoning us all inside. I say goodbye to Sujin and she gives me a wave, walking off down the corridor in the direction of the library.

I settle in my usual seat near the window of the lecture hall and take out my books and notes. It’s quite chilly today and I sit and rub my hands together, trying to warm them up.

“Is this seat taken?” Says a voice.

I look up into the friendly eyes of a boy my age that I’ve never seen before. His chestnut hair is swept across his forehead into a fringe with a few strands just flicking above his eyes. His teeth are pearly white and stretched out into an easy smile, eyebrows raised as he indicates towards the seat next to me, his arms full of books.

“Oh no you can sit here,” I hastily take my bag off the seat next to me and he collapses into it, sighing with relief. I quickly glance around the lecture hall. There are a lot of seats that he could have sat at then here, the whole of the last four rows are empty.

Hmm.

“Can you believe my bag ripped?” The boy says mournfully, piling his textbooks neatly up in the corner of the desk. “On my first day as well.”

“Ahh that is bad luck,” I sympathise. “I’m sure you could get a carrier bag from the office though. Like temporarily, ‘till you get home?”

“Really do you think so? I guess I could try the office” He muses, tapping his pen against the desk. He laughs a little, “Not that I exactly know where that is.”

“I can give you directions,” I smile, “Or show you, since it’s near here and it’s on my way out.”

“I’d really appreciate it,” He takes the time to deliver another bright smile. If my mind wasn’t firmly Team Jongin I’m sure I’d have been feeling a little hot under the collar right now.

“I’m Yunho by the way,” He continues, “And you..?”

“I’m Ara,” I reply, returning his smile. “So, fellow literature major, are you a transfer student?”

“Yeah my family just moved house from Gwangju last month. I’m actually majoring in Performing Arts but I need to take some extra Literature classes.”

“Well you’ve come to the right place,” I say mock cheerfully, “It’s an all-you-can-eat literature buffet here.”

“You sound so excited.” He laughs.

“Nah it’s not that bad actually, it’s quite interesting mostly. But it’s pretty routine and there’s a lot of reading and essays to do. The discussions are the best part.”

“And why is that?”

“Because I always win of course,” I give a wide grin, making Yunho laugh.

The rest of the lesson passes by fairly quickly. Yunho sits with his arm on the table, hand cupping his chin and cheek and he periodically blows his fringe upwards. He seems to be a good student, his attention is focused on the lecturer the whole time and he scribbles notes in neat writing throughout. Soon it’s time to pack up, and as usual I am far too impatient to neatly file everything into the correct folders so it all gets bunched up and cramped into my bag before I zip the whole thing up.

“Watch out that there’s not an avalanche when you open that,” Yunho says.

“I don’t even write enough notes for there to be an avalanche,” I say with a sheepish smile. “Hey did you want me to show you the way to the office still?”

“That would be great if you’re not too busy.”

I bend down and pick up some of his text books and then we leave the lecture hall. The teacher makes sure that Yunho’s settling in okay.

“I can give you an information pack for the book we’re currently studying…”

 I see Sujin wondering down the corridor. When she catches sight of me and Yunho her eyebrows shoot up so high it’s like they’re trying to hide away in her hairline.

“This is my best friend Sujin,” I introduce. “Sujin this is Yunho, the new transfer student.”

“Nice to meet you,” Sujin says as Yunho bows.

“Likewise.” He smiles. “Ara was just going to show me to the school office so I can get a plastic bag for my books.”

“Plastic bags instead of back packs? Is that a new trend?” Sujin teases, flipping open the clasp of her bag.

“My bag ripped as soon as I stepped through the gates,” He laughs, scratching the back of his neck.

“Wow that wasn’t a very good omen,” I say.

“Here,” Sujin s out a carrier bag into Yunho’s hands. “I had a spare one in my bag so you can have it.”

“Oh thanks,” Yunho fluffs the carrier bag open with a plastic swish and then carefully lays his books inside, with me following suit with the rest, “You’re a lifesaver.”

“Don’t mention it,” Sujin shrugs, smiling. I take a peek at my watch, wondering if Jongin is at home yet.

“I’m going to head up to the dance studios now to check them out,” Yunho says, beginning to walk backwards down the corridor. “Thanks again for the carrier bag Sujin. And I’ll see you next class Ara,”

“See you later,” I call. Sujin salutes. We watch Yunho disappear down the corridor, causing quite a few second glances and then stares from the girls he passes.

“So,” Sujin says.

“So.”

“What do you think of him?” She asks.

“He’s okay, I’ve only just met him,” I shrug, wrinkling my nose. Sujin tilts her head, looking at me for a while.

“A couple of months ago you would have been blushing like a school girl at the sight of him,” She says. “But now…”

“Now it’s not like that.”

“Now it’s someone else,” She says, smiling softly, “Now it’s all Kim Jongin. Right?”

“Whatever gave you that impression?” I say, trying to hide the smile on my face just at the mention of his name but failing.

“Girl you have got it bad.” Sujin pities me, peering closely at my face, “All I have to do is mention his name and you’re a blushing wreck-”

“Oh yeah?” I raise an eyebrow, “So how’s Sehun these days?”

Result. Fingers of red splay themselves over Sujin’s cheeks and she suddenly can’t look me in the eye.

“S-Sehun?” She stammers, “Well he’s fine, we’re f-fine.”

“And I’m the one who’s got it bad?” I laugh, pinching her cheek, “You forget how to even speak when I mention his name.”

“Ha ha ha you’re so funny,” Sujin rolls her eyes, “We’ve both got it pretty bad okay?”

“Let’s just hope we’ve got it bad but not with bad guys,” I say.

“Bad? Sehun? They don’t even go together in the same sentence,” Sujin scoffs, “He’s too much of a dork. But Kai on the other hand,” She fans herself and raises her eyebrows, “Have you seen that dude dance? Even though normally he’s just as much of a moron as Sehun is, when I see him dance I could almost believe he was a very bad boy indeed.”

 

On my way home I keep checking my phone to see if there is any word from Jongin. I don’t know whether he’s been successfully discharged or whether Chanyeol and Sehun have even managed to take him home. I send him a text to say I’m nearly home, planning to knock on his door as soon as I get in.

Turns out I don’t need to.

As soon as I push open the door to our hallway I see him standing there. The sun is beginning to set, casting random shadows across the wall and he is standing leaning against the door in his familiar position, looking towards the window at the end of the hallway. His body is illuminated in one of the suns brilliant pink rays, giving him an almost ethereal quality, like if I touched him he would burst into sparks or dissolve under my finger tips. At the creaking of the door, his head turns and a slow smile falls on his face, seducing his features easily as if the smile had been just under the surface the whole time. I walk over towards him and with each step my heart swells more at the sight of him, standing up right and looking better then he has done these past days. He walks the last few steps to meet me, hands coming around my hips, pulling me towards him, hard, as the smirk finds its way to his lips and his lips find their way to mine. Then it’s sweet I’ve missed you kisses and Jongin’s soft tongue and teasing lips that conduct the rhythm to which my heart beats to. His hands move up to my waist and then I feel their soft pressure as he pushes me backwards into his apartment, kicking the door shut behind us.

“I’ve been waiting for you. All day long.” He says breathlessly, moving my hair to the side so he can kiss my neck. “Now close your eyes.” His fingertips brush against my lids and my eyes close as if they’re directly under his command, “I have a surprise for you.”

-----------

Writing this chapter created so many feels oh my gosh T_T

Thanks so much for reading and commenting and upvoting and stuff! I am so happy to see the number of upvotes increasing as this story progresses, Im glad you guys think my story is worthy of being featured!

Ah someone asked me if they could make an edit for this story on tumblr and I would love love love if you guys did that! It would be so amazing to see them! Just tag them with jeojadu if you do so that I can see them and love them with all my heart T_T But yeah feel free if you fancy it!

Bye for now and take care <3