15-- Us

Who Are You?

It’s hard for me to even wake up. I’m so comfortable that my body’s begging me not to disturb this peace; my eyes are reluctant to obey my command to open.

The first things I see when they do open is a smooth cheek, a glimpse of wavy brown hair and the bottom of an earlobe. I slowly become aware that I’m half lying on a hard body, my arm across a chest and my legs in between two others. An arm is slung lazily over my waist.

The intimacy, the warmth, the comfort, all these things combined overwhelms me and I throw myself up into sitting position and leap off the bed. Saja immediately wanders over to my feet.

Jongin stirs, bringing a hand to cover his eyes. His shirt rises, exposing tanned skin and faint v lines, leading directly towards the waistband of the Calvin Klein boxers peeking over his trousers.

I gulp.

The way his arm is raised makes the muscles and sinews under his skin stand out. His hand is covering the top part of his face so all I can see is the tip of his nose and his lips.

His lips seem to be more puffy and pink when he sleeps, almost as if he’s wearing lip gloss.

This is Kim Jongin, sleeping but still managing to look like a model.

Where is the justice?

I leave him lying there and creep out of the room and into the bathroom.

As I expected, I most certainly do not look like a model when I've just woken up. My hairs sticking up like an aerial and my eyes are all crusty. I drag my fingers through my hair and throw it all to one side and then bend down and splash water on my face.

When I straighten up, Jongin has suddenly appeared in the mirror.

"Dear God," I shout, "Are you trying to give me a heart attack this early in the morning?"

He winces and muses his hair,

"How can your voice be that loud in the morning?"

"We don't all wake up talking like a zombie," I quip but in reality, his sleepy voice is doing funny things to my stomach.

I pick up a towel off the rack and face palm my face into it. I feel his arms wrap themselves around my waist and his face nuzzles my neck.

"Mmm, you smell nice," He murmurs.

I slowly lower the towel off my face, the butterflies in my stomach fluttering like they're on drugs.

"Th-thanks." I stutter.

Jongin looks up at us in the mirror and a smile breaks out into his face.

"What are you smiling at?"

"You," He replies, swaying from side to side, "Us."

I smile too, beyond happy at the content expression on his face. This comfortable and easy atmosphere is something I could get used to. This gentle serene kind of relationship, this-

Jongin twists me around, grasps me around the hips and lifts me on to the bathroom counter. His hands trail down to rest on my thighs, his forehead against mine. In the time it can take for someone to inhale, he's changed the easy sweet atmosphere into something dangerous and exciting.

This is Jongin, he is the definition of unpredictable. How I could I forget that for even a second?

"How comes you got out of bed," He whispers, looking at my lips. "You weren't thinking of leaving already were you?"

I put my arms around his neck and raised an eyebrow.

"Why? Have you got something that's going to make me want to stay here?"

His eyes widen slightly at my sudden bravery but then he bites his lip hard in a smirk. He claps me around the hips again and jerks me along the counter. My legs automatically link around his waist and he sighs, dipping his head down to kiss my shoulder.

He leans into me, making me lean back until I feel the cool glass of the mirror.

"So this is what you're really like huh," he whispers.

"What am I like?" I breathe.

In answer, Jongin moves his head closer and I think this is it, I'm going to get a taste of him finally I'm going to feel his lips on mine.

But no. Instead, he bites my lower lip and tugs slightly before letting go. I push my face closer to his and feel his lips faintly graze against mine. But it's not a kiss; he isn't giving me what I want. Each time I press my face closer, his lips trail all over my skin but not against my lips.

There's a pounding in my head and a tingling all the way throughout my body. I've never needed or wanted something as much as this before.

As if sensing my growing frustration, he gradually pulls away, breathing heavily.

I slid down off the counter and turn to face the mirror, trying to stop my chest from heaving and my cheeks from being red.

When I look up, Jongin's leaning against the doorway, his gaze on me, still biting his lips.

"I-I need to go to see Sehun," I'm satisfied to hear the stammer; I guess I wasn't the only one affected by that little moment. "I'm sure Chanyeol would be happy to see you so you should come along."

I nod; I don't trust myself to speak. Jongin scratches his neck,

"I'll go a check on Saja," He mumbles, leaving the room. I think we're both feeling dazed from the previous activity. I love that I have just as much of an effect on him as he has on me; it makes me feel powerful and in control.

Ha. In control of what exactly?

He won't kiss me; it seems he'll do everything except for that. What gets me even me is that it seems like he wants to kiss me, like he wants nothing more at that moment... But he doesn't. He doesn't do it. It's as if something is holding him back.

Why?

I cup my hands around my mouth and breathe out a gust of air.

Okay so it's not bad breath.

Thank God.

"So what is it then," I mumble to myself.

Is he just trying to tease me?

Is he waiting till I beg for it?

 

Sehun lives alone right at the top of a high rise block of apartments only a short walk away from where Jongin and I live.

“How comes you think Chanyeol’s going to be here?” I say as we wait for the lift.

“He’s always here,” He shrugs, “Even though he has his own apartment he hates living by himself so he usually stays on the sofa somewhere. Usually Sehun’s.”

For some reason the image of Chanyeol wandering from apartment to apartment to avoid the loneliness makes me feel really sad.

The lift arrives and the doors ping open.

“I’m going to take the stairs okay?”  Jongin says, “So I can do a sort of warm up before me and Sehun practice.”

“Okay, have fun walking up all those stairs while I glide up in this lift,” I give him a cheery wave as the lift doors close.

I pull out my phone to pass the time.

7  text messages and 16 missed calls. All from Sujin.

Oops.

I click open my message application:

[8:41pm] Just got home from my date with Sehun! Pick up your phone!

[8:49pm] Yaaaaaah you pig, answer your phone, I need to talk to someone about it or I’m going to burst.

[8:59pm] Okay I can’t keep it in any longer, WE KISSED! I KISSED OH SEHUN! Ahh I’m actually squealing as I write this.

[9:00pm] Do you think I let him kiss me too quickly?

[9:02pm] Ahh I don’t even care it was worth it! He’s such a great kisser! The date was so romantic and sensual. Dude you really need to pick up your phone, this is some k-drama action right here.

[9:13pm] Are you dead?

[9:30pm] I’m going to assume you’ve fallen asleep on your sofa! Humph I am not impressed with you, you so called best friend!! >:[

Fallen asleep on my sofa? If only she knew.

I pocket my phone just as the lift doors open, vowing to catch up with Sujin later.

I step out into the hallway and my head swivels from left to right, trying to telepathically see which door Sehun is behind.

This tactic obviously fails so I am forced to  lean back against the wall and wait for Jongin to jog his way up here.

Finally he does, sweating and panting.

“Which door is it?” I say, looking over his tired body in amusement. He points to correct door and I knock. “This is why you should take the lift,”

“You won’t be saying that when you’re sixty five and fat,” Jongin pants.

My mouth falls open.

Rude pig.

I slap his head just as Sehun opens the door, his face lighting up into a friendly smile.

“Ara, I didn’t know you were coming.”

“Yeah I should have left her at home,” Jongin says, nursing his head and glaring at me. I stick my tongue out and Sehun laughs. He has such a lovely smile.

He steps back so me and Jongin can enter the apartment. His apartment is neat and tidy from what I can see.

“Ara’s here?” I hear a deep voice say before Chanyeol comes into view.

“She sure is,” I grin before giving him a hug.

“I’m sure I’m meant to be your friend Chanyeol,” Kai huffs, taking off his shoes. “Where’s my greeting?”

“Oh hey Kai,” Chanyeol says before pulling me after him.

Sehun leads us into the living room. Along one wall is a wide window that looks over the whole of Seoul and casts bright light into the room. He has cream sofas facing a television and bookshelves line the room. To the left is an open plan kitchen like the one Jongin has.

“I love your apartment Sehun,”

“Thanks,” He says bashfully, rubbing his arm.

“Are you ready to practise?” Jongin asks Sehun, ping his jacket to reveal another black vest top. My mind flashes back to earlier in the bathroom and I have to look away, cheeks burning.

“Yeah let’s go.”

“Can I watch?” I ask hopefully.

“Nope,” Jongin says cheerfully, ruffling my hair as he passes.

“I need you to help me with something anyway,” Chanyeol says, tugging me over to the kitchen table.

“Get Ara a drink,” Shun calls as he leaves the room.

On the table is two phones and a piece of paper with a list of numbers. “I got a new phone today and I need to transfer my numbers. Could you read them out to me?”

“Sure,” I smile. He clasps my hands, his brown eyes so grateful.

“Thanks Ara. I’ll be back in a second, I just need to go to the bathroom,” He laughs sheepishly and disappears down the hallway.

I take a seat at the kitchen table and absently look over the list of names.

Slowly my eyes widen and I hold the piece of paper up closer.

Kris.

Tao.

Luhan.

Lay.

Jongdae.

Minseok.

The boys in China. And all their numbers are listed beside their names.

Silently thanking God for this of luck, I whip out my phone and snap a picture of the list.

Now I have the contact information.

 Time to put this plan into action.

-------------------

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! For those who are curious about how Sehun and Sujin's date went, you can read about it in the one shot 'When You Smile' ! I shall be updating it soon so anticipate it guuys! Thanks for reading and please comment, subscribe and upvote!

Cheers me dears! <3