Twenty-four

A Worth Obsessing Over
After all the that unfolded since Daehyun came crashing into his life, it was nice, almost considered a godsend, to have one of his most trusted friends by his side no matter how annoying he can be. “I’ve been working out. Can’t you tell?” He was conceited in every sense of the word. If ever given the chance to publish a book about himself, the self-absorbed Won Jong Jin would pick up a dictionary, slap his name on the front cover of said dictionary, and make absolutely sure each page went a little something like this: 
 
Word: able
Part of speech: adjective
 
Definition: To be unavoidably bangable
 
2nd Word: Bangable
Part of speech: adjective
 
Definition: To be unavoidably able
 
Used in a sentence: This giant neon sign of y is the definition of a bangable who’s able in all the right ways.
 
3rd word phrase: Giant neon sign of y.
Part of speech: noun
 
Definition: Two words….
 
♔ The J 
 
Stephenie Meyer got nothing on him! Every best-selling author in the world should be praising their god almighty that The fantabulous, gorgeous, delectably good-looking and self-proclaimed god of the century wasn’t fond of writing, or they’d surely have a run for their money. “Gukkie, look at this body. Like, just look at it. I’m as fit as a fiddle.” As annoying as his lack of insecurity can be sometimes, Yongguk oddly enjoyed the boyish look on J’s face when he took off his shirt and displayed his ‘fit bod’ in a three-hundred-sixty degree view of what he considered a sight worth paying for. “Don’t you feel so lucky I’m not charging you to see me shirtless?
 
Yongguk rolled his eyes. “You look like you'll combust at any moment with all the oil on your body.” 
 
J’s mouth hung open at the insult. “How dare you, Gukkie.” He brought his arms around his Adonis abs and turned his body slightly to defend his precious six-pack from Yongguk’s indelicate remark. “I just finished a photoshoot. They oiled me up because my body needs the drool-worthy effect of godly radiance. The J needs to shine.” His lips pursed as he smoothed a hand down the glossy finish of what he considered his pride and joy. “You should try it sometime. Lord knows you need a substitute for sweat.” A little twinge of disgust gripped at his words as he regarded Yongguk’s disheveled appearance. “God, go get yourself a towel or something. You’re dripping all over the place.” 
 
As if to spite him, Yongguk flung his arms open before the male who stepped back from the approaching embrace. “Don’t we usually greet each other with hugs?”
 
J scrunched his nose at the thought. “Sweat and oil don’t mix. Besides, you hate when I hug you.” 
 
“I’m feeling particularly happy today.” With one step forward J scampered back with a disapproving hiss warning the man to keep his distance. 
 
“Oh my god. Don’t! Don’t even -” There was no escaping the sweaty bear hug that mended filth and perfection into one of the most puke-worthy embraces he had ever received. 
 
J pushed the cackling hyena who had taken much pleasure in seeing him squirm and flail about to rid himself of the sweat that transferred on his body. “So friken disgusting. Oh my friken god! Disgusting to the highest degree of disgusting I have ever felt in my life! I need a shower! I need holy water! God bless me for Yongguk has sinned all over my perfect body.” Without a care in the world, J tossed Yongguk’s gift at him in the midst of his little dance showcasing his revulsion. 
 
The hysterics didn’t last long though. Soon enough, small talk took over and before they knew it they were caught up in the laid back ambiance that brought them to the fence they leaned back upon. “So, what’s got you all giddy?”
 
“I’m not giddy.” 
 
J snickered at the quick shot of denial. “Someone new is so your , am I right?” 
 
Much like J’s aversion to sweat and all things filthy, Yongguk’s nose wrinkled slightly at the bawdy inquisition. “No.” 
 
“Lies and scandals. Who is this guy?  Tell me. I mean it’s the least you can do after losing at that basketball game I canceled work to see.”
 
“I didn’t tell you to take the day off.” 
 
J gave him a sideways glance, an air of curiosity enticing lips to curve into an amused grin. “Well, I did and now you must repay me for getting my wonderful self there by telling me everything.”
 
“You sound like a gossiping girl. Can we just let go of the subject?” It was unheard of. J dropping the conversation when they were just getting to the ‘good stuff’ was as unlikely as Yongguk trading in his sweaty hobby for something as dull and unfulfilling as photoshoots and body oil. 
 
Luckily for him, with misfortune come those rare, unexpected moments when disruptions literally came hurling their way.  
 
“Ow!” J screeched out of nowhere. “! What was that!?” The mood changed with a resounding ‘pop’ that caused the dark haired male to jump and yelp at the sudden pain that struck his ribcage. 
 
“What’s wrong?” A splatter of red painted along the inflicted area J covered with a quivering hand. He had a low tolerance for anything that made pain receptors go ablaze, and when another ‘pop’ sounded and a spherical object came flying towards them, J took cover behind the only shield in arm’s reach: Yongguk. 
 
Pop. Pop. Pop. 
 
Bullets came flying and an assortment of colors painted skin that welted and bruised due to the amount of compressed air propelling bullet after bullet in their direction. Whilst J used Yongguk’s body as a wall of protection,  Yongguk shielded his face with the gift J had given him. They hopped and hobbled, pivoting left and right in a fruitless attempt to dodge whatever left Yongguk helpless and J wailing in time with every hit he took. 
 
“Cease fire!“
 
Yongguk's tense shoulders lax, curiosity arose, and a heightened sense of awareness as to who stepped onto the opposite side of the court pinned Yongguk's gaze on the satisfied look that beamed from the man who held a paintball gun in his hand. Two others stood from behind the thick bush that lined the parameter of the court, their condemnatory stares cast in a shadow of resentment. They judged him as coldly as their leader did, appeared as grimly as the hard-pressed smile that was just as threatening as the paintball gun aimed at his head. 
 
“You always have a way of making an entrance, Daehyun.” 
 
He smirked at the compliment. “Call this ‘getting even‘, Yongguk.” His name was dragged, the words that acknowledge his existence dropped like an anvil that flattened the tone of Daehyun’s voice. “Be grateful it’s not as deadly as the gun you pointed at me on my first date.” 
 
Yongguk cracked a little smile at Daehyun’s failed attempt at provoking his inner demons. “Hard to believe you’re still mad about that. It was such a long time ago after all."
 
“Because it’s not about that.” Junhong muttered beside the male he was still shackled to, his little comment earning him a good punch in the arm. 
 
“Shut up.” Daehyun glared. “You want me to knock the stupid out of you.”
 
“But it’s true. You’re just -” 
 
“Jealous?” All heads turned to the one that left Daehyun seething in his own cooking pot of denial. J stepped out from behind Yongguk with a playful grin that done its job in clawing its way right under Daehyun’s skin. “I saw y’all hide behind that tree. I would’ve kept an eye on you if I knew you’d attack us and -” A paintball sliced through the air without warning and J jumped behind his Yongguk shield of justice, peeking an eye out from behind the shoulder he clung onto for dear life. “Dang! You’re so jelly. Can’t you chill?! I was just stating facts.” He tugged at Yongguk’s shirt from behind. “Can’t you control your jealous ape of a lover!?”
 
“Who the hell are you calling an ape you piece of ?!” 
 
“You’re the child of King Kong and Godzilla!” J spat out. “You destroy first and think of the consequences later! Granted if you have a brain to even think!” With as much courage as he could muster, he came up to stand along side Yongguk once more. He threw his arms out at either side of him and spun round so that Daehyun had a good look at all the damage he had done. “I have a photoshoot tomorrow! I know my y face is a distraction within itself, but you think makeup can cover swelling you jealous !”
 
Even from a distance Yongguk could see the ashen parlor of Daehyun’s skin flush with color as the mixture of embarrassment, anger and frustration reddened his face. “Xiumin. Lay.” Daehyun threw a seconds glance over his shoulder at the two who stood beyond the fence behind him. “Shoot that shirtless the second he opens his mouth again.” What was this? Pre-schoolers playing a round of call of duty? Yongguk felt as if he was standing between two children squabbling over a toy gun! Insult after insult was thrown, their banters escalating to the zenith point where death threats opened up a super-size can of worms that eventually baited them both into an all-out war. 
 
Before Daehyun and J embodied the feuding demons of the underworld, Yongguk took a couple of steps forward and was successful in shifting everyone’s attention back on him. He was careless with each step he took, his pride preventing him from playing the victim even as he was held at gunpoint.  
 
“Here.” Without much of an explanation, Yongguk lent out the present that suffered the bulk of Daehyun’s wrath. “It’s for you.”
 
“Bull.” Daehyun narrowed his eyes, his apprehension coming in short spurts of irritation that engulfed his words. “That shirtless gave that to you.”
 
“I had him fix it up for you.” 
 
“Fix what?” Curiosity prevailed, his gun lowered by a fraction, and Yongguk took advantage of that short window of opportunity to shove the rectangular box in his hands. “This is a bomb, isn’t it?” 
 
The prospects of dying by a single explosion didn’t stop Daehyun from tearing at the bow and paper riddled with paint. He was like a child standing before his presents on Christmas morning. He clawed into it, impatiently peeled at the tape with a few grunts of frustration cursing the adhesive that stuck to his hands. Yongguk could only smile at the concentrated look on Daehyun’s face until those formidable eyes of his caught him in an overjoyed state of amusement.  
 
“What the hell are you grinning like an idiot about?” 
 
Yongguk shrugged. “I like seeing the excited look on my boyfriend’s face when he’s opening a gift.” 
 
Never underestimate the artlessness of a single sentence that had the power to silence all, seize all, and control all who dared to foresee the simplicity of a future that would soon connect two souls as one. What everyone assumed was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but a bold-face truth that entitled Daehyun to be his and his alone had seem to manipulate the hands of time that froze over with the aghast expression that wiped Daehyun’s face clean of the smug look he once held so confidently. He was mad inside, so very pissed off and enraged at the turn of events when Daehyun opened the lid and saw  the vintage gift that decided his fate. 
 
“The mirror.” Daehyun was so taken aback by the sight of his own reflection that he wasn’t sure what to make of it. How does one question what shouldn’t have found its way into the devil’s hands?
 
“I staked the area until two cops were left on the perimeter. I snuck passed them, spent almost six hours canvassing the entire hospital and, right under the bed in the ICU ward was the mirror.” Having stared at his loses must’ve hit Daehyun harder than Yongguk expected. He didn’t look up at him as he explained the series of events that resulted in Yongguk’s victory. Daehyun was too awe-struck to tear away from the mirror he made no attempt to pull out of its box in fear a single brush of a finger on its ornate frame would trigger the metaphoric bomb he spoke of just seconds ago. 
 
“I want you. I told you I wanted a chance to be the best thing in your life.” Someone had to shut Daehyun down. Someone had to teach him the ultimate lesson in life that no one could maintain a perfect success rate when it came to winning at his own game. “I shed blood for you, nearly lost my sanity for you all because I wanted that one chance with you.” Finger that nicked on countless of sharp objects in his search for the mirror bore the superficial wounds that proved just how far Yongguk would go to have Daehyun in his arms. “So say you need me. Tell me you want me just as badly as I want you.” The barely discernable scars that were left behind smoothed over Daehyun’s cheek as Yongguk reached out to him, the softness of his skin, the discoloration that seem to draw a path down his chin for his fingers to take invited Yongguk in, pulling him to the man whose jaw clenched under his touch. “I want you, Jung Daehyun.” 
 
Everyone was watching them. Yongguk could feel J’s gaze warm against his back, could sense the heat of Junhong and Jongup’s eyes at either side of him, and  the fiery glares that came from the two behind the fence could’ve set him aflame. It was a lot to bare with, a lot to take in, but Yongguk accepted it all and seized the moment just as he captured the only pair of eyes that mattered to him the most.  
 
“This is bull.” Daehyun looked away. “This doesn’t count. It isn't fair! I didn’t have the chance to -”  His whining fell short at the sound of the fence Daehyun’s back collided into. Junhong was pulled with him, the weight of the freshman he was cuffed to preventing Daehyun from breaking out of the grip that bared down on his arms and pinned him in place. 
 
“Daehyun.”  Xiumin and Lay raised their guns and aimed at the domineering male who completely ignored them. “Just give us the word and I’ll take his eye out.” 
 
“Don’t.” Yongguk talked over them, his plea directed upon the gaze his eyes captured once again. “Just don’t, Daehyun.” He couldn’t deny him. Daehyun couldn’t claim fowl play after everything he had gone through and he knew that. "Don't find a way out of this." There was a small trace of desperation that couldn’t be overlooked, and time passed in silence with the two wondering what made the other so compelling. It was the eyes that said all, revealed all and possessed every secret and every lie they both sought out for. Daehyun in particular intently searched for the falsehood of Yongguk’s claims, dug deep to find that shimmer of deceit that would be his downfall in the end. But he could see nothing. Yongguk didn’t allow his true intentions to surface as he did all he could to ensnare him. 
 
“It’s all right.” Daehyun said slowly, keeping his undivided attention on Yongguk’s unchanging expression as if to avert his eyes meant certain death. “Stand down.” Like a commander to an army of simpletons, he spoke clearly, words assembled with a level of certainty that neither Xiumin or Lay dared to question or look down on. “I want this.” He was careful to peel Yongguk’s hand off of his cheek so that he could lace each finger with his own, holding onto him ever so tightly as ‘loving couples’ would. “I want him.” A bet was a bet and Daehyun was a man of his word as exemplified by the endearing smile he forced on his face. “I need him more than ever.” 
 
There was no way in reading him. Being near Daehyun was like playing a game of Russian roulette where the outcome was left by chance. Spin the cylinder, press the barrel to his head and pulling the trigger was as synonymous as Daehyun taking a handful of Yongguk’s hair in a vice grip that nearly ripped out his auburn locks at the root when he viciously closed the gap between them. Everything about Daehyun was unpredictable and deadly in its own nature. Yet, like the lethality of a bullet through his head, every move he made was certain and irrevocable. For Daehyun accepted the deal and came to terms with the week that’ll be spent in hell with one kiss that took in all of him and tasted just as sweet as victory itself.  
 

 
After the basketball court fiasco, Daehyun acquired his ‘boyfriend's' permission to be cared for under the watchful eye of Xiumin and Lay. He spent the last few days of recovery under the sheets of his own bed with Lay right beside him. 
 
It was nice not hearing Yongguk’s voice, so very wonderful not having to say his name or look at his god-awful face and the smirk that always made him want to flip a table. However, all great things must dreadfully come to an end, and on a very grey Monday morning, when he stepped out of his house, was he reminded of the formidable week of his demise that started with a motorcycle ride. 
 
Yongguk tossed him the cherry red full face helmet and, without so much as a word of contempt, Daehyun reluctantly put it on. There was no energy left in him to start a fight or ramble on with the senseless bickering he was infamously known for. He dug his own grave and with the abyss awaiting his helpless soul, Daehyun quietly mounted his seat behind the man who revved his bike with a roar that woke up entire neighborhood (if they weren’t awake already).
 
“Put your arms around me.” The stern command rang through the speakers embedded within the personalized helmet he must’ve spent a fortune on. 
 
“I’d rather fall off this bike and die.” It only took a swift turn of the handle and the bike jerking forward to send Daehyun’s arms around Yongguk’s waist at his behest. “You .” He hissed, his tone as sharp as the nails that dug into his abdomen. 
 
“What are you? A cat!” Yongguk grunted in discomfort. “Loosen up your grip!”
 
“ you! You told me to hold on so I’m holding on and will try my damn hardest to rip out your guts in the process!” After crashing into a wall on his first bike and getting a major boo-boo on his hands and knees (apparently little 6-year-old Jung Daehyun thought he was too manly for training wheels), he swore to every god in the universe he wasn’t getting on another bicycle again! But there he was, scared less on a motorcycle made for the king of hell.
 
Daehyun’s legs clenched tightly at either side of Yongguk’s hips when they pulled into traffic. He was cursing up a storm, muttering threats under his breath with every switch of the gears that made them go faster and faster, and so much more faster than Daehyun could mentally withstand. His fingers dug deep into his stomach as if he was aiming to touch the anterior surface of Yongguk spine. “I’m going to go all fatality Mortal Combat on your if you don’t slow the down!”
 
“I didn’t even hit half the speed limit!” 
 
“ you! you! you!” Daehyun chanted with the utmost fear clinging to the high pitch squeal of his voice. “I hate your guts! I hate your friken face! I hate you! I will trash this bike when you’re not around and write my name on every broken piece I get the chance to rip from it’s frame!” 
 
It didn’t take long for threats to die down within four blocks to their next destination. He tired himself out and eventually got use to what he considered a vehicle that defied that natural order of the earth’s gravitational pull with each turn they took. As the bike straightened out with the road, Daehyun took a deep breath, turned his head off to the side and rested himself against the slight arch of Yongguk‘s back. His death grip loosened by a fraction  from there when he willed his mind to concentrate on the blur of the city and nothing else.
 
“You have to break up with my sister.” 
 
Daehyun winced at the stomach churning blow that was reality knocking the wind right out of him. “I can’t just break up with her the second I get to school.” 
 
“You can and you will.” He knew Yongguk was a rich who cared for no one but himself, but who knew such cruelty extended to his own flesh and blood. 
 
“Your sister’s heart was broken by a guy she thought she could trust. She loved him, put all her faith in him and within the month we’ve dated, she placed that same trust in me. I can’t come back after disappearing for a long time and cut it off with her the second I see her. I won’t do that. I don’t care what the you say. I’m not going to hurt her.” His journal depended on the secrets that cast her world in shadow. It was pertinent that he stayed under her dark and stormy cloud. If he pushed her away now and created a gap between them that couldn’t be filled for the sake of a bet, he might as well call it quits and throw everything he worked for - everything he sacrificed! - down the Han river. 
 
“It’s not what we agreed on, Daehyun.” 
 
Yongguk stopped the bike twelve blocks away from school grounds, and Daehyun took the liberty to take off his helmet and stand on the safety of the curb. There eyes met in that same stubborn fashion that made them unable to yield to the intensity of a stare powered by hatred. There was always a battle brewing between them - always an unspoken challenge of sorts that neither one of them could stake in losing with a simple turn of their heads. 
 
“Give me time.” Daehyun bitterely asked of him.  
 
“I want you now.” 
 
“And you have me you insecure prick. You still have me but I’m not turning Myu Na down.” Must he partake in the little game of give and take? Must Daehyun really replay the ruse of vulnerability he displayed in the food pantry when he tore down his own defenses and swallowed his pride just so he could control Yongguk like a puppet? Was the art of seduction the only option Daehyun had left to sway a selfish and heartless bastard?  “Just a few days.” He requested with a kiss that nipped at Yongguk’s ear. “Give me a few days, Yongguk.” He pulled out all the stops with the low tenor of a whisper that could rattle even the most impenetrable of souls. Teeth nibbled, his lips d at the fleshy lobe of his ear, and it only took arms gently circling his neck to lure Yongguk into the hooks of deception. It was a struggle to keep the bile down and the acidity of his hatred under control, but he didn't stop. 
 
He thought that maybe, just maybe, the charade wouldn’t drag out for as long as it did, that Yongguk would push him away just as quickly as Daehyun latched onto him, considering Bang Yongguk was the esteemed golden boy in the family. He had the popularity, the money, the ignorant groupies and the reputation that put him on the top tier of a social hierarchy that couldn’t risk being caught up in the scandalous affairs such as the one that unraveled between them. Yongguk was expected to hide just like the of a man Youngjae called his boyfriend. But hands found its way under his shirt and Yongguk showed no signs of hesitation in at his neck as if the people around them didn’t exist. 
 
It was Yongguk who reeled him into a kiss and gutted him with the softness of lips that parted his mouth. He stole the words, captured his claims and pushed his refusals down the back of his throat when Yongguk tasted him and reveled in the disgruntled groan that murmured against his lips. Daehyun couldn’t manage to pull himself back far enough to control the exchange of kisses that was far too passionate, far too deep, and far too wild and untamable for him to comply too. It was too much, and by the time Daehyun managed to push away from him and take a single step back, his chest was heaving, his breathing erratic with an unnerving tingle that spread along lips Daehyun involuntarily cupped a hand over. 
 
“Couldn’t keep up with the act, Daehyunnie?” Yongguk laughed, and Daehyun could’ve sworn he saw a gleam of disappointment in his eyes as he racked a hand through his hair. “And here I thought your performances were always Oscar worthy.” 
 
When tables turned and retorts were far, far, far (over infinite-and-nine-thousand times far) out of reach, there was a need to flip something - anything! - that would pacify his temper. As of that moment, Daehyun wanted to slap that sneering grin right off of his ugly face! Daehyun wanted to flip Yongguk’s motorcycle over, give it a good kick and hope by the time he was finished assaulting the demonic bike from hell, a 16-wheeler would come by to flatten the out of it. 
 
But it never came. He did nothing but stare. 
 
“Interesting...” Yongguk’s smirk lightened into a grin, which eventually transformed into a small quirk of a smile as the seconds of speechlessness cindered like the open flame of Daehyun’s rage. “You don’t have a witty comeback up your sleeve?” 
 
If said witty comeback came in the form of a foot up Yongguk’s , then yes; Daehyun had plenty of comebacks to dish out. But there was always that annoying pull of hesitation that kept him from shoving Yongguk and his bike into incoming traffic. His head was screwed up and screwed over by unwanted fragments of memories he long since played off as a nightmare. It was as if those fictitious moments in time when Yongguk held him, kissed him, and said those poisonous devotions in his ear tethered to a part of his mind that made it seem like everything that happened in that aquarium was as real as the bet that made Daehyun Yongguk’s one and only. 
 
As if a lethal jolt of electricity ran through him, Daehyun’s hand fell from his lips and limply hung at his side. He didn’t wear the seditious mask of a smirk he usually put on whenever taking a hold of the situation was of the utmost importance. His eyes didn’t sparkle with dishonorable intentions nor  did his body completely lax as if he was out of harms way. Instead, he was locked at the joints, his body still so very rigid as he stared at Yongguk in a calculating, almost skeptical manner. 
 
“What is it?” Yongguk asked a bit more sternly this time around. “What’s wrong?” 
 
Hands shot toward Yongguk like a bullet, the speed in which Daehyun wrung his fingers into the front of his shirt catching him off guard for the second it took to fill the gap between them once more. There was enough room to throw in a comment, a good half-a-second to make the verbal comeback Yongguk waited for, but Daehyun wanted his body. He needed to breakeven with the spiteful toxicity of a kiss that had all the power to numb Yongguk’s soul and weaken him to the point of no return. Daehyun overlapped his lips against Yongguks' in a fury and explored deep into that snarky cavern of his mouth until his prey couldn't speak. There was a muffle, perhaps a little moan that fell through the cracks, but Daehyun was bold enough to accept it, more than willing to use Yongguk’s soft mutter of a groan as the fuel that would fire the passion his heart seamlessly forged with the actions that coaxed Yongguk to get off of his bike. 
 
 Without a single given, Daehyun pulled Yongguk through the small crowd who sneered with those silent stares of disapproval and disgust neither one of them paid attention to. The nice thing about living in South Korea, where majority of the population was too spineless to tear them apart or throw a punch to stop the unwanted display of affection, had always been the freedom to do anything he wanted without disruptions. Daehyun could shove Yongguk back on the bus stop bench and expect those who occupied the seats beside him to scatter and flea as if they were the living embodiment of the plague. They spat their displeasure, would cuss them out and tell them how much of a disgrace they were to their family, and even when the snide remarks raised in volume, Daehyun continued on as if they were the only two people in the world. 
 
For a brief moment, their eyes met and they were caught up in each other’s stares just  how Daehyun had envisioned in his dreams. “I’m not going to stop until you out." He pounced him with a deep-throated kiss and pressed his hips down hard against his in emphasis of the lengths he'd go through to show him who was in control of a game that was his to win. "I will you right here if I have to. I'll bang you so hard, the very mention of your surname will forever be a reminder of the Jung Daehyun that took you on a bus stop bench.” How such derogatory slurs could sound so sweet was beyond him. The whispers that brushed upon the lobe of Yongguk’s ear  must’ve been so enticing, legs that straddled his own so very irresistible that Yongguk didn’t find it in him to deny the lips that enslaved him. 
 
They were both determined to stick it out for as long as it took until such daring and provocative actions declared a winner. There was no care as to how dangerous, scandalous and taboo everything they did was because so long as someone came out as the victor, then it didn’t matter. Sure, it was stupid. It was crazy. It was so very childish. And when Daehyun thought reaching down and working at the button of Yongguk’s pants would crown him as the king of , the crowd decided to make it their civic duty to stalemate the game between them by calling the police. 
 
Sirens blared six blocks away and the two bolted to their feet. Yongguk zipped himself up and got on his bike within seconds time, Daehyun doing the same with the buttons of his shirt as he decided to turn toward a park. “Get on.” 
 
“ that! I’d rather get arrested than get back on that death trap.”  Daehyun was just half way over the fence that led to his escape when he was forced to turn just so he could hear what Yongguk had to say. 
 
"Daehyun." 
 
“What?” He hollered in a panic as sirens drew near. 
 
“Break up with my sister soon or we‘ll be dating for as long as you‘re with her.”  There was no time to argue. Daehyun climbed over the wrought iron fence and gave him a half- salute.
 
But before Yongguk sped out of earshot, Daehyun made sure he got the final word as he in a lung full of air and yelled, “I hope to ing god you get your arrested!” 
 

 
Dark/Life-threateninG
6
6
6
I’m sorry to every Twilight fan out there (*cough* Yoo Youngjae *cough**dies**chokes on air**ashamed for life*), but if I had to choose a team I’d have to go for the combo breaker: ‘team troublemaker’. And who may that be you ask? Well, it’s Hyuna and Hyunseung. Yeah, sure, they’re called freaks, psychos, lunatics and almost always described as the vampire versions of Bonnie and Clyde, but they’re cool in my book. They don’t take from anyone. They dress how they want to (retro-goth sheek is all the rage), confidently stand up for what they believe in and never let the scrutiny of others change who they chose to become. They’re a bit freaky I can admit. They hang out in cemeteries, unintentionally terrorize children with their distant stares, and speak about blood every chance they get. But they’re true to themselves and I respect that. However, freaky worshipping and the need to become a vampire always comes with even freakier customs. They cut each other, the blood that ooze from their veins, and they’re recruiting. Not many are compelled to take up their way of living, but the gatherings by a special unmarked grave never stops. They’re there almost every day, and it’s just a matter of time until their obsessions go to far and send them into their very own caskets.
+HYUNA
 
+HYUNGSEUNG
 
+AN ENTERNAL LOVE
 
B
L
O
O
D

 

 

 
 
“You can’t do this!”
 
“I have all the power and the reasons to.”
 
“I need this! I need this club! I need that scholarship!” Who would’ve thought going back to school would be as much, if not more, of a pain than getting high without his consent. Daehyun was glaring across the table where Myungsoo stood, his fist slamming on the timber that shook with the bones of all those who stopped what they were doing just to stare at the commotion that erupted in the middle of the afternoon. “You can’t take this away from me. I won’t ing let you!” He didn’t flinch nor gave Daehyun the satisfaction of stepping down from his decision even as hands grappled at the collar of his shirt. 
 
“Don’t make as if I’m the one taking it away from you. Your absence and your failure to get your assigned articles drafted and turned into me made you unfit for the position you’re in. You did this to yourself. So you have no one to blame but yourself.” 
 
Daehyun gritted his teeth, his hands tightening around the fabric of Myungsoo’s shirt. “You’re going to regret this.” 
 
A dark brow rose in a high arch of amused curiosity. “What are you going to do? Punch me?” He gave a low chuckle. “Go ahead. Get yourself suspended.” 
 
With the number of absences he tallied up and other minor demerits he received for being accused of starting fights he only tried to stop it during his Freshman year, risks couldn't be taken. He had too choose his battles wisely. So Daehyun shoved Myungsoo back enough for him to stumble into the arms of his ‘right hand man’, Sungyeol, who broke his fall. He stormed out with a booming slam of the door. 
 
"Daehyun." He didn’t get half-way down the hall when the calling of his name stopped him from taking another step forward. “I’m sorry about your club ordeal.” He was met with the stark white of Hyuna’s face that nodded slightly with downcast eyes. “We heard everything.”
 
Hyunseung held his girlfriend closely from behind as if the tightness of his embrace would comfort her. “You spilt blood for us, Daehyun.” The talk of the crimson they worshiped like those of the Catholic faith who kneeled before god had lifted Hyuna’s gaze. The deep red of her lips drew into a thin, nearly untraceable smile Daehyun believed formed with the same appreciation that twined with her boyfriend’s words. “We have yet to repay you. We have yet to spill blood for you.”
 
Why does everything that come out of their mouth have to sound so creepy? “It’s okay guys. Thanks, but I think I can handle this myself.”
 
"No," Hyuna’s actions took on an otherworldly gait that seem to make her glide from one place to another as if she was a sprite dancing on water. “Please let us help, Daehyun.” She grabbed his wrist gently in both her hands and it was as though her piercing gaze that captured his attention locked onto him as if to compel him to agree to everything she said. “You helped the eternal love of my life when those heathens attacked him, and now we want to return the favor.” 
 
What did that mean exactly? Were they going to butcher Myungsoo limb from limb in a deserted building and draw up some incantation for blood sacrifice? Because if that was the case then why the hell was he refusing them? “Fine, whatever you two can do, then I’m all for it.” 
 
Daehyun would’ve gave them a little nod of appreciation and went off on his merry way if it weren’t for yet another unexpected distraction that sent arms wrapping around his neck. He stumbled a few steps back by the  impact of a lithe silhouette that protectively held him as close as their bodies allowed. Chest to chest. Hip to hip. Every cell and muscular fiber that made up the physical contact that turned heads mended and melted upon one another as if they were a single entity that depended upon the other’s touch. She held him tightly and even buried her face into the hallow of his neck in front of a  good portion of the student body who loitered in the halls. 
 
“I called you and you didn’t answer. What happened to you?” Myu Na leaned back to gather Daehyun's face into her hands. “I can see the bruises under the make-up.” 
 
He broke out of her hold almost instantly and twisted his face away from the look of concern in her eyes. “I was never great with the whole make-up thing.” 
 
“Don’t play this off as a joke.” It took but a second for whispers to spread through the grape vine of gossip when Myu Na’s hand found his. Finger enfolded around him, the softness of each digit that twined around his own  redirecting his gaze upon her worrisome expression. “Tell me what happened.” 
 
There was nothing to tell, and like a blessing from the gods themselves, the morning debacle that was had with Yongguk came as a distraction sent from up above. The sea of students within the corridor they stood in parted, the bell rang, bodies began to disappear into classes and Junhong’s father, the police officer that was seconds away from busting him for some kind of ual misconduct charge at the bus stop, approached them both with the grim face of an executioner. 
 
“Good afternoon.” They gave a respectable bow before the final verdict for Daehyun’s conviction was made. “Bang Myu Na…“ He was misguided, that intimidating tone of his misdirected the second Daehyun looked up at the mention of his girlfriend’s name. “Can you please come with me. I need to ask you a few questions.” Was this really happening? Was Myu Na really walking away with an officer without any legal representation? Did she even need a lawyer? 
 
“Wait.” Daehyun took the few steps to block their path. “Why are you talking to her? What did she do wrong?” 
 
“This doesn’t concern you, Daehyun. Please step aside.” There was no explanation. Junhong’s father walked passed him and Myu Na willingly followed behind him with her head slumped forward and her hands folded nervously in front of her. They shut him out completely and left him wondering what his next move should be in order to uncover the secrets that laid within the principal’s office they both entered.  

A/N: HAPPY HOLIDAY GUYS!! <3 It's been a while...almost like a month OTL. Finals and shopping for presents have been a ! ;n; MY WALLET IS CRYING RIGHT NOW! lol

Just so y'all know the bonus chapter that'll be posted in 2 or 3 days will consist of Luhan and Youngaje (added Tao & lil daehyun on the side lol), Daehyun and Kris, and maybe Suho and U-Kwon. It depends on how long the other two gets. 

I oddly have nothing else to say except that I hope every one of you have an awesome holiday and get some badass presents lol Also, thank you all for the comments. I didn't have the chance to answer them. I feel so friken ashamed for waiting this long to reply to them....y'all are going to get super late replies...I am warning you now  (as in replies that'll come when I get this chapter posted) xD 

Anyways, thank you to TheElitist and RSparda for the upvotes. Let me sit here and sob quietly in my happy corner lol