Chapter 5: YoungJae's Cup (rated PG)

Coffee Shop

This is the less version of YoungJae's chapter. The following chapter IS , but contains all the text below. Unless you like and are able to read it, please wait for Chapter 6


It was past midnight and Yoo YoungJae was tired of waiting around. No one was replying to his texts and if he thought his calls were going to be heard, he was only kidding himself. “Answer your godd-mn phone.” The boy’s pleas were utterly useless.

 

He found his way to the bar and squeezed between a man and a girl who was playing with the drink in her hand. YoungJae looked at the pair before realizing they weren’t a couple and felt no remorse when taking a seat. “I’ll have...” he looked uneasy. It wasn’t normal for him to go out drinking, let alone clubbing.

 

“Get him the same as me.” The girl muttered to the bartender who obliged and started mixing a drink.

 

YoungJae looked at the girl completely puzzled. “You really shouldn’t do that.”

 

Her ears perked up. Even though his voice was soft she caught his remark. “And why shouldn’t I?”

 

“Because you don’t know me.”

 

Faint chuckling escaped her lips. “Oh, is that really important?” She turned her head to the side allowing him to only see her profile. Her hair was right at her shoulders and black, eyes were wide and the creases visible, but naturally so. “Guys buy girls drinks all the time, why can’t I buy you a drink? It’s a bit ist don’t you think?”

 

YoungJae swallowed thickly. She had a point. “Ah, thanks then.” He took a seat beside her and watched as she glanced up and down the rows of alcohol. The bright colors were reflecting in her eyes and he waited for her to speak first.

 

“Why do they make something so bad for you so handsome?” She took a sip of her drink and rested her chin in her palm.

 

Her word choice stuck him as odd. ‘Handsome’ seemed unfit for describing the rows of brightly colored glass. Beautiful or pretty would have fit much more nicely, but handsome? “You’re not talking about the display, are you?” He raised the glass to his lips and took only a small amount. The alcohol sat in his mouth while he debated on the taste. Aside from the usual sting, it was faintly fruity and it’s color was green.

 

“It’s melon flavored vodka. You’re welcome.”

 

He choked on the liquid while a small smile played on her lips. “I’m JoonHee, you are?”

 

“Br-breathless,” he stammered between gasps of air. “Isn’t the glass a bit big?”

 

She pouted thoughtfully and looked at the last of her contents. “You know, I don’t usually drink. Is it?”

 

His mouth was agape. “Are you trying to kill yourself?”

 

“Hmm.” She giggled quietly. “That’d be nice. Die on my 22th birthday? Sounds like a good way to go.”

 

YoungJae looked at her realizing just how rosey her cheeks were. “It’s your birthday, and you’re getting wasted at a club?” He couldn’t grasp her reasoning, at least not without an explanation.

 

“The same idiot has dumped me on my birthday for the past two years. Why did I think this year would be any different?” She took a final gulp and let out a sigh before smiling stupidly. “One year older and I seem to be dumber than the last.”

 

It was obvious that her night wasn’t going as planned and YoungJae felt for her. He pulled out his phone and scrolled down to a message thread. It had been an awfully long time since he last saw his best friend. Actually, YoungJae hadn't seen him since high school.

 

With a deep sigh, YoungJae wrote out a message of apology. He cringed at the thought of wishing him a happy birthday over text, but did so anyways. “He’s going to kill me.” YoungJae muttered to himself and the girl looked up. It was obvious that the vodka was beginning to have an effect on her. “Hey, why don’t we celebrate your birthday. I’ll sober you up and we can just have some fun.”

 

She frowned. “You just want to get in my pants don’t you?”

 

At this, he got red in the face but when he tried to explain she laughed and said, “That’d be difficult seeing as I’m not wearing pants.” She motioned to the hem of her skirt and tipped out of the chair.

 

YoungJae bit his lip in an attempt to catch her swiftly. “Yeah, let’s sober you up.” She smiled clapping her hands lightly around his cheeks. “You’re really cute. Almost like a girl.” On a normal day, YoungJae would take offense to this, but she said it so sweet and innocently that he couldn’t help but smile with her. “You’re smile is nice. What’s your name?”

 

“YoungJae, Yoo YoungJae. Ah, I’m older than you too.”

 

They walked out of the club with her hung loosely around him. “Oppa, oppa is cute. You’re just my style.”

 

--

 

“JoonHee-ssi, are you comfortable?”

 

She looked around at the dimly lit tent and then back at him. Obviously she was drunk, but the food stand was not too far from the club and YoungJae managed to get her there. She swallowed before her lips to speak. Her tongue clicked and she winced at the boy. “More than.” Her head was already throbbing, but it was the feeling in her stomach that was more painful.

 

“I’d say you’re lying. We’ve only just  met and you’re already lying to me?”

 

She looked at the boy blankly. Her eyes widened trying to focus on him. For a moment she saw her ex boyfriend. He’d said the exact same thing to her during their second meeting. “YoungJae-ssi?” She wavered in her seat and turned to the side throwing up in a bucket readily prepared for her. She choked on the vile and spit over and over trying to rid of the taste.

 

“Here, rise with this.”

 

She took the cup of water from him and sloshed a small amount before discarding it into the bucket. “Thanks.” She pushed her hair behind her ears and wiped the corners of . “Are we eating?”

 

He tried to lower himself to her eye level. “Do you think you’ll manage it? I don’t know if it’s a good idea or not.”

 

She bit at her bottom lip and nodded. “I think it might help. If just a little.”

 

For the next couple of hours, the pair split two bottles of soju and chatted casually. It wasn’t as weird and uncomfortable as YoungJae suspected it would be. She was a dreamy and painfully honest girl, a combination he hadn’t come across often. “So you’re from Busan? My best friend is from there.”

 

The eerier likeness between her and his high school friend were unbelievable. “I was born there, raised there until I was about five and then moved back a few years ago. My family has a house there now, but I refuse to go. It’s too much travel. At one point I came to Seoul every other weekend to see my boyfriend, but that wore me out.” She stopped at looked at him bluntly. Her eyes scanned his and she felt a jolt of electricity, he was so attractive that she blushed. Talking about her ex in front of someone she’d be interested in was not only shameful, but embarrassing. “We’ve almost finalized everything. But I’m here in Seoul for good.”

 

The right side of his face lifted into a smile and for the first time amongst many times that night, she realized he was intoxicated. “You’re a light weight?”

 

He smiled fully and felt his cheeks warm. “Kinda. But I like listening to you talk. Your voice is really soothing.”

 

“You say that, but....” The conjunction to her sentence trailed off in a fit of laughter. “Look, YoungJae-ssi...”

 

He coughed lightly and composed himself. Standing up straight, the boy looked much less wobbly and a bit more composed. For a moment he looked completely sober.

 

“To be honest, JoonHee-ssi, I could listen to you forever. You’re incredibly beautiful.”

 

Her face flushed a vibrant red. Under normal, less casual conversations, he’d’ve probably kept this to himself. Things were becoming more clear for her, but on his end the opposite. “Maybe we should turn in,” she muttered looking from his face to the half finished side dishes.

 

“That doesn’t sound so bad.” He grinned sweetly and for whatever reason JoonHee lost her cool and chugged the last of the soju.

 

They were fine walking on their own, but it was at the apparent that the pair were more or less unstable. Somehow, they managed to book a hotel down the street and made it quietly to the room. “I haven’t drunk that much in a long time,” JoonHee huffed taking her shoes off at the door.

 

He chuckled and glance upwards taking a good look at her face. Cheeks were rosy, dark eyes were lidded and lips full and pink. On instinct, the boy took a step forward pressing his palms to her cheeks and kissed her lightly on those soft lips. Her breath against his mouth was even more gentle and it enticed him.

 

His jazzy voice began singing her happy birthday. The honey like tone filled every sense with a pleasant buzz and soon her fingers were playing at the buttons on his shirt. Nothing was unclasped. Not an article of clothing, aside from their shoes, out of place. Yet, she took a button in her fingers and twisted it until he stopped. “YoungJae-ssi, could you do that again?”

 

This time his mouth was dangerously close to her ear and when he hit the final note, he took her lobe between his lips. “God, you even taste beautiful.”

 

She untucked his shirt and fisted the front tail. “Can something taste beautiful?” she mused teasing his mouth. Her words were warm against his breath and he followed her senselessly. Every time he tried to kiss her, she’d pull back playfully with a sharp tug of his shirt.

 

“I dunno, but there’s only one way to find out.” His hands clasped the sides of her waist and he leaned in perfectly to snatch . The movements were soft at first, him kissing her bottom lip and her grinning into the embrace.

 

When her fingers unclenched the fabric, they began sliding beneath the shirt and lifted it slightly. She pulled away from the kiss and stared at him. “So I do I taste beautiful?” He pecked the small spot between her brows. “Unbelievable so.”

 

Once in bed, giggles of delight sighed though JoonHee’s pink lips until she drifted off. It was then that YoungJae realized just how beautiful this girl was and felt something special for her. He pushed loose strands from her face and kissed her cheek. “Sweet dreams and happy birthday JoonHee.”


 

So........This is the less version of YoungJae's chapter. The following chapter IS , but contains all the text above (minus minor editing for flow purposes). Unless you like and are able to read it, please wait for the next chapter 6~ ^^ any guesses who? Also, there are only three chapters left! I'm getting sad thinking about it OTL