Phase Two

Meeting a Fox

 

Kyuhyun grunted and glared the way he came from still feeling an uneasy feeling inside and he stopped before the secret passage to the house as he took a deep breath, from the greeneries rustle was heard as Kyuhyun approached it and jumped startled when a white small snowy fox was revealed moving his tails, six tails and Kyuhyun blinked seeing just one white tail as he fanned his self with his hand.

“I guess you are the fox I must take care?” Kyuhyun asked feeling stupid when the small fox climbed him until it was surrounding Kyuhyun by the shoulders and Kyuhyun sighed.

“At least you’re light.”

Kyuhyun almost swear he heard a chuckle but that was impossible and he finally went through the secret passage, when he was inside the Park’s castle, he saw Chanyeol reading a book and he nodded in content, sneaking inside by the opposite side from Chanyeol.

“Don’t make noise; this is a great chance to investigate.”

Kyuhyun murmured to the fox over his shoulders that jumped gracefully off him and walked by the aisles with a startled Kyuhyun following it.

The fox turned right, left and Kyuhyun blinked when he saw they were in a reading room.

“Yah, what are you doing?” Kyuhyun faked a yell in a bare whisper as the fox moved his tail in a direction a shelve was and Kyuhyun walked to it, his eyes wide when he saw some letters directed to the rebels against the king and when he was for take one, Kyuhyun felt the fox’s teeth dragging him.

Kyuhyun shooed it and when he heard steps, he hid where the fox guided him, behind the last shelve covered by old fabric and Kyuhyun held his breath when he want to sneeze.

Kyuhyun heard the door opening and someone making rustling sounds from the papers and a growl followed by a curse, it wasn’t the king’s brother voice, even so, if Kyuhyun read right, those letters…

When the fox leaded Kyuhyun out, the latter went to pick at least some letter founding no one and Kyuhyun sighed exasperated.

“Anyway, I need more information.”

Kyuhyun was for open the door when he turned taking between his arms the furry animal smiling, his hand tracing the fuzz as the fox closed his eyes showing his canines.

“Thank you.”

Kyuhyun didn’t know why but the eyes showed at that moment to him were almost human and he shook his head.

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

Chanyeol was asleep drooling over the white sheets to practice his calligraphy when he felt his nose itching and he sneezed opening lazily his eyes.

White blur sight welcomed him as he blinked finally focusing and he gasped, before grinning like a kid, hugging the snowy fox “You’re here!” Chanyeol whispered with his low husky voice burying his face in the pelage.   

It wasn’t today the first time they met, Chanyeol found the white fox the first time he was lost in the forest and crying, suddenly he felt a soft tail wiping away his tears and he giggled, the fox Chanyeol’s face making him laugh lightly and that was the first time they met, until last week, when Chanyeol asked him to disappear a man who was following and the fox agreed, surprising Chanyeol when he found Kyuhyun could get the way back, meaning the fox saw something in that man.

“Why you didn’t kill him?” Chanyeol asked with his big eyes and the fox purred when Chanyeol hand was softly the fox’s ears.

“I don’t like him; he is on dad’s side.” Chanyeol continued and the fox turned, his brown eyes watching the boy as a glowing light was spread over the room and Chanyeol blinked when he was wrapped in an embrace.

“He smells different from others…”

Chanyeol closed his eyes, his head landing on the petite man’s lap as his fingers caressed Chanyeol’s hair.

“How so…?” the boy asked and the man blushed lightly.

“It is weird to explain, but he has the fragrance from an alpha, I don’t know, he is a man but his smell is similar to gumiho, so I…”

Chanyeol pouted “He will gonna take you from me, I’ll be lonely again hyung.”

“No, as I promised you. I will be forever with you, even if I must transform in a human.”

“Mn…” Chanyeol drifted again to the land of dreams murmuring “Hyukjae…” the petite man smiled kissing the boy’s forehead.

Chanyeol was a brother to him, even when the boy was human was kind to visit him almost daily after the encounter and both talked, or most, Chanyeol talk about his father and the dark things he has heard inside the castle and how much Chanyeol hates his father for trying to kill his uncle.

Hyukjae almost never visited Chanyeol because he was careful, and now that he found Kyuhyun, it was a perfect human to take care of him and his feeding needs, plus… Hyukjae was attracted to the man, sadly, the man reacted at his woman shape and none his male one, or so, Hyukjae thought.

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

Kyuhyun threw his body to the cover extended over the floor as he kicked his legs in the air exasperated.

“Stupid fox disappearing suddenly.”

Kyuhyun growled, the memory from the petite man lingering on his mind as he clicked his tongue.

“He would be disappointed if found out I lost the fox his sister gave me.”

Kyuhyun sighed and pulled his hairs out “No! My problem is the King’s command not just worrying about a random fox that I need to care because a cute boy asked me to.”

And Kyuhyun growled again “But basically was his sister, so yeah… I’m like this because the sister, yes…” Kyuhyun sighed “and because he was cute.”

Kyuhyun just blinked when he felt something over him and he closed his eyes thinking ‘a ghost? Is this what people call feeling the presence of a ghost?’ Kyuhyun then felt his right cheek wet and he shrieked when he heard a purr and he yelped jumping, watching the frame of the white fox in the darkness.

“You scared me!”

Kyuhyun yelled while the blurry frame jumped Kyuhyun’s cheek again.

“And I’m sick!” Kyuhyun slumped on the floor with red cheeks “I can’t believe I feel shy because this” Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around the small frame and cuddled with it over the mattress. “You’re warm and… your eyes…”

The fox rubbed his nose against Kyuhyun’s chest as the later muttered sleepy “look like his ones.”

The fox didn’t understood but purred, this man’s was warm and had firm pure eyes, Hyukjae like that and he closed his eyes, slowly feeling the sleep taking over him as he yawned with his canines showing.

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

Kyuhyun heard the whistle from the birds as his eyes fluttered slowly open, he felt a warm breath against his lips and he slowly moved adjusting to the light, an inch from his face was the petite man’s face from the forest and Kyuhyun held his breath, his eyes outlining the fleshy pink parted lips, closed eyes, dark eyelashes, snowy skin and this scent, the same as the forest, strawberry and Kyuhyun’s heart thump as he slowly pulled off the man, his eyes widening when he saw him and Kyuhyun gulped feeling his cheeks hot as he shook his head, closing his eyes quickly when the other removed.

Kyuhyun kept his eyes shut down as he heard the rustle from the sheets and suddenly he felt no weight over him and some small over his cheek, making him open his eyes.

“Y-yah!”

Kyuhyun shouted faking and angry face and he stood quickly walking to the outside to wash his face which was deep red.

The fox tilted his head to the side and extent his body over the covers without care, when he heard the door slid again, he jumped moving his visible tail and Kyuhyun coughed uncomfortable.

“I-I didn’t see anything, okay.”

Kyuhyun said and the fox again cocked his head to side as Kyuhyun slapped his hand over his face.

“A-Anyway, you’re under my care, so don’t leave my side again.”

The fox climbed again Kyuhyun, resting over his shoulders and Kyuhyun chuckled.

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

“No.” Chanyeol stated to his father who rolled his eyes.

“Park Jungsoo is nothing more than a mere peon in the chess boy, so get over the fact he is…”

“Your brother!” Chanyeol shouted with wide eyes whispering “and my uncle.”

“I don’t care, you must study whatever Kyuhyun-ssi teach you, and so, you’ll be a better candidate to the throne than Luhan, I don’t still get why my brother adopted him and hid to the people the fact that boy isn’t legitimate.”

“He is still my cousin father.” Chanyeol said and was hit on the cheek by his father.

“A scum like that can’t be your cousin, and also, you must defeat my cousin’s son even if he is now in ostracism, if things go wrong and I can’t kill him, you must surpass Kim Heechul’ son for my sake.

Chanyeol nodded slowly, bowing to his father and once he was outside sight, he ran to the room he knew now was his friend the fox staying, holding the tears as he opened the door founding and empty room and Chanyeol knees felt week as he slid from the door and cried out.

When he felt a hand over his shoulder, Chanyeol wiped his tears away, blurred vision as he hiccupped and threw himself to the arms of the person.

“Yeol, what happened?”

Chanyeol didn’t reply, he just buried his face in Hyukjae’s neck.