Phase Three

Meeting a Fox

 

“Are you okay now?” Hyukjae asked cupping Chanyeol face, watching the teary eyes when the boy sighed nodding.

“My father… he…”

Chanyeol started between soft hiccups when the door slid and a puff sound followed by a cloud appeared in the room before dispersing and a white fox was over Chanyeol’s lap.

“Are you…?” Kyuhyun blinked at the sudden smoke, finally watching Chanyeol puffy eyes and he raised a brow; 

“What are you doing here?”

“Huh?”

The fox slipped from the boy’s fingers and he climbed Kyuhyun, his fluffy hair making sneeze Kyhyun when it passed below his nose and Chanyeol smiled when the fox winked at him nodding and standing.

“Good morning seongsaengnim, I came to ask for your instructions since my father convinced me about learning the wisdom of Confucius.”

Kyuhyun shivered when the fox breathed near his ear, remembering the boy from the morning as he shook his head.

“I see…” Chanyeol wiped his remaining tears, watching Kyuhyun’s lost expression and the smile from the fox showing his canines.

“I will test you seongsaengnim, you need to be the best in the whole world.”

Kyuhyun raised his chest proud of himself with a smirk, “I’m indeed skilled as a scholar.”

“Not like that, I need to test your value as a person.”

“What?”

Chanyeol grinned breathing the air, at first he thought Kyuhyun was strict and like other teachers, cruel, with the conviction of power and money, maybe he was wrong and Hyukjae was right. He doesn’t want to kill neither of his cousins, or treachery his uncles, he just wants a peaceful life, so he must trust someone asides Hyukjae.

“So, the first thing I must learn is…?”

Kyuhyun watched Chanyeol weirdly before smiling, if he teaches this boy well, he can gain the brother’s king and so, obtain information about any possible betrayal.

“A son completes his parents and…”

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

“He is very skilled his majesty, I never knew that kid could memorize such amount of knowledge in short time, he is like a sponge.”

Kyuhyun said to the brother’s king as he smiled in content, his lips moving with his mustache.

“O-ho! He is my son, of course he is skilled.”

Kyuhyun held his breath and faked a smile “Of course, I will dare not to say the contrary, in no time he could concourse in the exam and obtain a charge as minister or…”

“No.” the man cut Kyuhyun with a smirk “He must be ready to be the best, teach him well and prepare him to be in the counsel of the king.”

“Pardon?”

“My son, is not gonna be just a mere minister, he will…” the man stopped staring at Kyuhyun re-thinking his thoughts “he will be a wise young man who could help the king as a loyal vassal.”

“Of course, his majesty.”

Kyuhyun bowed, his smile turning in a thin line after he excused his self from the place, his thoughts wandering about the almost slipped confession and how it was just ambiguous.

Then he felt his pants being tugged and he smiled bending to lift the fox between his arms, the white fur.

“Strange, do you know you smell like wild strawberries?”

The fox, Kyuhyun could swear, grinned after purring and Kyuhyun sighed, not matter where you see it, it was just a fox.

“Maybe this morning was a dream?”

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

Kyuhyun was wandering around the market, eating on a public house, the white fox sneaking inside Kyuhyun’s attire, his furry tail touching Kyuhyun’s skin as yelped.

“So, you were saying?”

The man with a soju nodded “Is a secret, a voiced one, the brother of the king is kind outside, either way, as the seagulls are beautiful and delight the sight, they just eat meat, and try to fly higher each time.”

Kyuhyun drank the poured soju smiling and treating another drink, making a toast when the man told him his daughter was marrying a healthy and wealth man, his eyes searching for another one to obtain information as the fox jumped outside Kyuhyun’s clothes, his tail moving from side to side and he entered inside the kitchen.

“Humph. It would be weird if that young scholar finds something, everybody here knows Minister Park wants his brother’s position, the king is fool for believing in such a snake for brother.”

“Lower your voice, remember he can cut our heads, just…” a young woman said with another bottle of soju for some customer.

“I know, Minister Park promised us a well living life as long as we shut our mouths and convince everyone here he is a Buddha.”

It was weird to Kyuhyun that there was no fox when he was out of the public house, he tried to call for the platinum furry when he closed his mouth remembering he doesn’t know the fox’s name.

“I will search in another place if I were you.”

Kyuhyun turned around, his eyes narrowed when he saw red silk hair.

“Eh?”

The petite man chuckled “I will search in another place if I were you.”

Kyuhyun raised his brows “Where?”

It was weird to Kyuhyun, he didn’t like the sight of that smirk “Gyobang.”

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

“I hate you.”

Kyuhyun stated when a woman was touching him and he glared at the red haired boy who shrugged, grinning and drank the drink another woman poured for him, glaring the courtesan that was over Kyuhyun when the latter was trying to pull her off him.

“You don’t seem to dislike it so much, look, your red.”

Kyuhyun turned to the petite one.

“Of course I am! Is…”

Hyukjae raised his brow curiously hearing the whisper from Kyuhyun’s lips as he hiccupped with red cheeks.

“Is my first time in this kind of place, also… drinking.”

Hyukjae was amused, more when Kyuhyun started to close his eyes and fell, he didn’t allow the woman to touch Kyuhyun.

“You may go, my friend didn’t come for your fleshy pleasures, so go. I’ll send him home.”

They did go, stealing glances from the two young men, bowing.

“You’re quite cute asides of manly”

Hyukjae muttered, slinging Kyuhyun’s arm around his shoulders, trying to carry Kyuhyun all the way toward the brother’s king house.

Hyukjae heard Kyuhyun murmuring about Kyuhyun hating someone and how he would get revenge, he chuckled and kissed Kyuhyun’s cheek when no one saw, seating Kyuhyun in front of the Park’s house, walking few steps ahead and transforming into a fox, jumping the wall running to Chanyeol’s quarters.

“Kyuhyun is drunk; please help him go his quarters.”

Chanyeol left his book nodding, saying before leaving Hyukjae alone as he sighed “I still don’t get why you like him.”

 

☯✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵☯

 

Chanyeol glared the man when the guards left, narrowing his eyes when the fox moved his tail from side to side and Chanyeol slapped not to soft Kyuhyun’s cheek.

“Wake up.”

Nothing, just maybe a grunt.

The boy tsk-ed and pouted to the fox.

“He isn’t that good, I bet they are real alphas in this world, just throw him.”

The fox shook his head, walking graceful to the snoring man with liquor scent.

“Go, Yeol, I’ll wake him up.”

“As if, I’ll rather wait for him to wait normally, I don’t go.”

“Yeol!”

“I don’t go.”

The fox sighed setting itself on the boy’s lap and cuddling, his fur being as he slept while Chanyeol glared the smiling Kyuhyun.

 

 


Update for Ami_SuJuELF that wanted this story to be updated :D and I hope all of you liked it as well!!

By the way, I'm writing a new story, ehem, yeah, already, it isn't happy, is maybe angst and maybe dark and I gave you a hint in this chapter, you will find out what I meant today, I love you all ^^