Argument

Singing in S.M.'s New Collaboration Song... With You

    Author’s POV:

  He says his name before looking up from his book, because he’s just all too familiar to the different footsteps of his group members. “Baekhyun hyung.”

  “Why is she crying?”

  Completely caught off guard, D.O. slides the bookmark in his book and puts it down onto the table, next to the couch he’s sitting on. “Bwo?”

  “Leina. She’s crying.”

  “S-she is…?”

  Baekhyun grunts. “Is there something I don’t know, Kyungsoo?”

  “… Ani.”

  “K – “

  “I don’t even know what you’re talking about, hyung. What’s her crying to do with me, anyway?”

  After a few seconds of hesitation, Baekhyun sits down on the couch. “I’ve known you for 3 years already, Kyungsoo. There’s something you’re not telling me.”

  Kyungsoo sighs heavily and stands up. “I’m tired, hyung. I’m going to go take a nap before our next practice.” He walks as calmly as possible out the room, ignoring the disapproving look from his hyung, but also grateful of Baekhyun for not forcing him to stay and talk.

  Because Kyungsoo can’t talk right now. Is he does, he might collapse.

  ‘Leina. She’s crying.’

  Baekhyun didn’t ask Kyungsoo, but he heard the question underneath. Why? Why is she crying, Kyungsoo?

  Kyungsoo knows exactly why she’s crying. And as much as he wants to rush to Leina now, to rush to the girl he painfully missed for years and couldn’t believe he saw that day in front of the building – yes, he knew it was her right away because no matter what happens he will always recognize her –

  He can’t. He can’t run to her and tell her that he’s sorry, so terribly sorry for making her think he doesn’t recognize her and making her cry.

  Not… not yet.

 

    Leina’s POV:

  “I don’t want to talk right now.”

  “But Leina – “

  I spin around. “Please, Baekhyun sunbaenim. You have much more important stuff to do than interrogate someone who’s eating lunch.”

  “Ani. You’re the most important thing right now.”

  He speaks those words so casually it weirdly makes my heart skip a beat, but I’m still too sad, too depressed to wonder why.

  Kyungsoo doesn’t recognize me, for goodness sake. He might – this thought makes me want to wither away – not even remember me.

  He’s the reason why I came. He’s the reason why I’m here. But now…

  What was I supposed to expect, anyway? That he would recognize me, be happy to see me, but then what? Be surprised when I confess I still like him? Accept my confession and what, be my boyfriend? I don’t even know if he used to have the same feelings towards me as I did him.

  So foolish of me. What did I expect, that he would miraculously tell me he actually liked me too, still likes me, and then the both of us would live on happily ever after with each other?

  Reality hit me so hard when I was brooding over the encounter with Kyungsoo an hour ago. I didn’t come for him. What I thought I lived on wasn’t him.

  It was the memories of him.

  “Why are the both of you hiding stuff?”

  What makes me stop breathing for a second isn’t the frustration in Baekhyun’s voice; it’s his words. “W-what do you mean?” I stutter. “What… you think that Kyungsoo is… hiding something?”

  “I don’t think that, Leina. I know that. I know he’s hiding something.”

  He is? Kyungsoo… Kyungsoo is… I try to steady my breath. Does… does that mean he actually remem –

  “You two know each other, don’t you?” It wasn’t a question; it was a statement. I could see it on Baekhyun’s face. “There’s a past between you two.”

  I feel myself blush. “It’s not… there wasn’t any… r-romantic thing between us…”

  “Then what is it?”

  I bite my lower lip, hesitating. “We… we – “

  “Baek oppa!”


 

  “I am going to drown that Jason – “

  “How many times to I have to tell you and Sehun oppa? Jason didn’t do anything to me!”

  “But he kissed your hand!” Baekhyun whines, flailing his arms like dangerous weapons. “And threatened you! And… and even talked to you – “

  “Since when can’t boys talk to me?” Violet looks annoyed and frustrated, but not because of that Jason guy she just told us who is – terrifying news! – going to be in the same collaboration song with me, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo; not because that Jason guy threatened to expose her and her boyfriend Sehun – who I haven’t met yet but am looking forward to it - ; but because of Baekhyun’s overreacting.

  His complete, undivided attention towards her.

  I’m not jealous; that’s too ridiculous. I still have a huge crush on Kyungsoo, although it seems that he doesn’t even remember me. It’s just… maybe it’s the way Violet has all of Baekhyun’s attention the moment he lays eyes on her. Maybe it’s because I myself have never felt that much attention on me, and maybe… maybe I want it, too. Someone’s 100% attention. Kyungsoo’s, perhaps, since I got like only 0.5% of his this morning. Or actually just 0.01%.

  I’m happy for Violet. I really am. She’s cute, funny, talented and relaxing to be with. She has a boyfriend she loves with her whole heart and Baekhyun as her over-protective brother to care for her and look out for her. She has such a perfect life I bet she never has to worry.

  “So we should look out for this Jason guy, right?” Violet and I ignore a fuming Baekhyun. “How old is he, anyway?”

  “20,” Violet replies. “That’s what Cho says.”

  “He’s 20 and he’s hitting on an 18-year-old girl?!” Baekhyun fumes more. “I am definitely going – “

  Violet dramatically hits the table with her head. “I’m 18 and a half, oppa! 19 and a half, if you count by Korean years! And what’s wrong with the age difference? Sehun oppa is 20 – 21 in Korean years – too, you know.”

  Strangely, Baekhyun’s face grows dark. It only happens for less than a second, but I still manage to catch it before it vanishes. I don’t know what the reason behind it is, but I can clearly sense that it drags his mood down the pipe. Maybe… because he hates arguing this much over nonsense with Violet?

  “I know that.” Baekhyun’s voice is sharp. “It’s just…” he seems frustrated. “I don’t want that Jason Lee anywhere near you, you hear me? And I don’t care if you think you can date him just because his age is the same as Sehuna’s – “

  “I didn’t say that!” Violet suddenly looks deeply offended. “I never said that!”

  “Well, you implied it – “

  I feel shocked upon seeing Violet’s eyes turn watery, even more shocked when she slams the cafeteria table and stands up with a look of nothing else but hurt. As if Baekhyun had hit a chord I her, and hit it hard. “I would never date a guy who’s obviously a playboy, moreover when I have a boyfriend! You should know that since you’re the one who understands me the most!”

  “Really? I understand you the most?!” To my even bigger surprise, Baekhyun stands up, too, fury written all over his face. “Shouldn’t your boyfriend be the one who understands you the most?!”

  “Don’t drag Sehun in – “

  “He’s your precious boyfriend for goodness sake – “

  “What is wrong with you?!” Tears start streaming down Violet’s cheeks. “Why are we even arguing about this when I just came here to warn you about a new guy – “

  Violet doesn’t finish her sentence as she turns on her heels and dashes out, leaving a horror struck Baekhyun standing stiff at the table, as what he just said sinks into his brain.

  Although I’m not Violet, I still feel the stinging from Baekhyun’s words. Maybe he didn’t mean it, but… he made Violet think he thinks she would betray her own boyfriend. I don’t even know why Baekhyun would have said that, why his mood changed so suddenly which was not like him at all, why… why he actually shouted at Violet.

  I don’t understand anything, but I know one thing for sure.

  Somehow, Baekhyun has a problem with the relationship between Violet and Sehun.

 

    Violet’s POV:

  I thought I could trust his reactions.

  I expected that he would react the same towards Jason like Sehun did, but not this… over.

  What happened?

  What just happened?

  Why… why did we just suddenly start arguing? And even arguing over a topic that made no sense?

  I don’t understand. Did I say something wrong? Was it something that I said that made Baekhyun actually shout at me?

  He never… he has never shouted at me. Never.

  What is happening between us?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Author's Note] T_____________T /hides from everyone throwing stones/

I PROMISE I PROMISE THE SAD STUFF WILL ONLY BE IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS STORY OMG THIS IS NOT AN ANGST. You know, as they say, after the thunderstorm comes the rainbow...? /gets strangled by everyone/

THIS IS NOT A 'THE MISERABLE LOVELIFE OF BYUN BAEKHYUN' OHKAI OMG PLEASE DON'T HATE ME SOBS. I will update very soon to reveal a... good thing? Between Leina and Baek hehe<3

LOVE YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS AND THE WANTING TO KILL JASON STUFF HAHAHAHAHA.

P.S. If any of you lovely people are confused in the ages of everyone in this story... IDK, I might post it up in the foreword if anyone of you wants me too ohkai feel free to demand haha<3