Beautiful Eyes

Singing in S.M.'s New Collaboration Song... With You

    Leina's POV:

  “Kyungsoo!”

 

 

 

  He doesn’t respond to my calling at first. Maybe because he thinks that I’m just another fan of his, another fan who waves posters of him and screams like there’s no tomorrow?

  But no. I’m not merely a fan of his; I’m his best friend since we were children. So I shout again, this time with more force, pushing my way through the crowd.

  “Do Kyungsoo! I’m Kim Lei – “

  Suddenly I lose my balance when accidently tripping over someone’s foot and crash to the ground, my suitcase flies into the air and pops open when it hits the ground. Because of the impact, every single thing falls out, including… including stuff that makes me want to dig a hole in the ground and hide in it forever.

  I hear gasps and laughs from the crowd around me as I bury my face in the ground, tears threatening their way out of my eyes. I just want to run away, I just want to go home and forget that all of this has happened…

  Then I hear loud, startled gasps and the sounds of footsteps coming closer.

  “Hey, grab my hand.”

  That’s what he’s like. He never asks if somebody needs help; he always just gives help no matter if the person asked for it or not.

  That’s Do Kyungsoo.

  “K-K-“ I widen my eyes, tongue tangled for words.

  “You must be a new trainee,” Kyungsoo says with a friendly smile, bending down. “Here, let’s get you into the building.”

  “K – “

  “Kyungsoo! What are you doing?” Another male appears behind him, with brown hair and eyes as brown as chocolate. “I’ve been looking for you – “

  “I just arrived, hyung. And could you help me here, this girl is a new trainee but accidently tripped.”

  “Kyungsoo – “ When Kyungsoo snaps his head and makes the boy stop talking, the boy with chocolate brown eyes studies me all sprawled on the ground with my clothes and underwear scattered all around me, sighs, and starts gathering my stuff from the ground.

  That’s when I realize how dangerously close his hands are to my underwear.

  “I-I-“ I scramble up, grab all the stuff on the floor and stuff them in my open suitcase. “I’m terribly sorry – “

  “Baekhyun, get her in the building before the fans get crazy.”

  In a whoosh, I feel myself being dragged, and in seconds, I’m in the building I had just tried like an idiot to get in. Baekhyun lets go of my wrist, dashes out the door again and returns with my not-completely-closed suitcase, whilst I just stand there doing nothing but blink.

  Everything just happened too fast.

  “Gwenchana?” Baekhyun asks as he closes the door, shutting out all the screams and flashes. “Did you get hurt?”

  Physically? I didn’t even get a scratch. Mentally? I feel like running to the North Pole to make my own igloo and live in it forever.

  “Where is K – “

  “You’re welcome.”

  “B-bwo?”

  He leans onto the wall beside him, crosses his arms and one end of his mouth turns upward. “I said, you’re welcome.”

  “I-I didn’t say thank – “

  “I know, so that’s why I said ‘you’re welcome’.”

  I furrow my eyebrows.

  “… You don’t get the joke, do you?”

  I shake my head.

  “So you don’t know that you’re supposed to have rolled your eyes and muttered ‘Jerk’ or something to me?”

  “Um, I don’t – “

  Baekhyun suddenly starts laughing, the ends of his eyes crinkling to an extent that I can’t really see his pupils anymore. “OMO, kyeopta!”

  “I – “

  “Wait, I haven’t introduced myself yet, right?” He extends his hand. “I’m Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun, from EXO.”

  Blinking again and again to process everything that happened, I slowly take his hand and –

  Oh, it’s so soft.

  “L-Leina.” I clear my throat to stop thinking about the feeling of his touch. “Kim Rae Na, but I prefer Leina.”

  “Nice to meet you, Leina.” Baekhyun smiles, and somehow it makes my breath hitch in my throat.

  “N-nice to meet you, too…” Wait, how could I have just forgotten the most important thing while losing myself in his beautiful eyes? “U-um, Baekhyun-ssi, do you know where K – “

  “The dorm is? Right, let me get someone to show you to your new dorm.” Baekhyun starts pulling me up the stairs, me not forgetting to grab my suitcase from in front of the counter. “I know just the person who’ll help you; you guys can even be friends!” He smiles at me when we stop at a door on the second floor.

  “A-ani – “

  “Oh, and no need to be formal,” he adds as he knocks on the door, and I can clearly hear music blasting on the other side. “You must be younger than me, so you can call me sunbae! Or oppa!”

  Oppa? He wants me to call him oppa?! I’ve just met this guy for like, ten minutes and he wants me to call him ‘oppa’?! I know he’s from EXO, the boy group Kyungsoo is in, but… that’s all I know. I mean, I don’t really know much about EXO, I only know that there are 12 people in it, 8 Korean and 4 Chinese, but… but that’s all! Crap, I don’t even remember everyone’s name!

  “Baek oppa?”

  I get pulled out of my thoughts when the door opens and a girl walks out. She has long, wavy brown hair, brown eyes flashing with overflowing energy – maybe she was in the middle of dancing – and she's looking at Baekhyun with wide, concerned eyes. “Is everything alright?”

  I don’t know why, but I swear I feel something, another meaning, under those words, and it suddenly makes me curious. Did something happen? Wait, why am I even curious?

  Baekhyun smiles and ruffles the girl’s hair. “Ne, all is good, Vi.”

  V-Vi? Why does that name sound so familiar?

  “Jung In! You have only 1 minute and 40 seconds left!”

  “Arra!” The girl pokes her head in the room and shouts, and when she looks back at me, I drop my suitcase again.

  “Oh. My. God.” My eyes are hurting from being so wide but I don’t care, because she’s Kim Jung In.

  The Kim Jung In that had boomed right up to the level of legends in Korean’s entertainment field at merely the age of 17.

  Suyeon’s idol and role model.


    Violet’s POV:

  Sometimes it’s fab to have somebody whose goal used to be to enroll in Harvard in your group, because you can always count on her accuracy of exactly how much tip we need to give after eating, how taxes really work, or even how to deal with annoying people by using professional words I have never heard in my whole life.

  But sometimes, it’s also a pain in the you-know-where.

  “1 minute and 20 seconds!”

  “I can do the counting myself, Elise!” I shout back into the room. “I have a situation here!”

  “What’s more important than dancing? Wait, ohmygod, I never thought there even was anything more important than dancing to you than Sehun oppa.”

  I throw my towel (my really, really sweaty towel) at my group member and shut the door. “I’m sorry for the noisy people – “ I start as I turn back to the girl in front of me, but then stop myself when I see the ways she stares at me.

  She has black hair not too long nor too short that sort of shined under the white hallway light, big, round doe eyes, a nose girls would just kill for, and a slim body. In short, she was pretty and cute, even with her gaping mouth like a goldfish panting for water.

  “Oh my god are you okay – “

  “Kim Jung In!” I jump when she nearly shouts my name. “You’re Kim Jung In-ssi?!”

  “Er... last time I checked, yeah?”

  “I’m a big fan of yours!” She nearly trips over her suitcase on the floor. “I-I mean, my friend is, a-and because of her I…”

  “How old are you, Leina?” I jump again because I totally forgot Baekhyun is still here, and then realize that he knows her name.

  “2-21.”

  A funny smile appears on Baekhyun’s face, and he pats my back. “Well, looks like you have an unnie-fan here, Vi.” He winks and laughs. “So, I was hoping you could help Leina here to her dorm and find her manager and stuff?”

  “Sure – “

  “10 SECONDS!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Author's Note] Did I disappoint some of you? Coz like, it seems that a lot of people were surprised when I revealed Leina's childhood friend/first crush was D.O. ...

Ohkai, so of course, the first few chapters tend to be a little boring or stuff TT__TT. I'm still working on how to make the story flow really well, so yeah hope I'll somehow make some progress in the future or something. Yay. As for the next chapter... /giggles like crazy/ I KENOT WAIT TO POST IT OHKAI I SERIOUSLY WANT TO DO A DOUBLE UPDATE BUT... MAYBE NEXT TIME LOOOOOOOOOL. Or at least before I leave Cali next week. TT___TT

WELCOME, NEW SUBSCRIBERS!!! AND THANK YOU ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE  FOR COMMENTING!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL <3