Wants To Be Loved

Singing in S.M.'s New Collaboration Song... With You

    Leina’s POV:

  “That stupid kid.”

  “Pabo hyung.”

  “Maybe he got so angry because I drank his milk this morning…”

  “You drank his milk, Suho?!”

  “I was just thirsty – “

  “Baekki needs his milk to grow taller, hyung!”

  “But – “

  “No milk for Baekhyun means unleashing a grumpy monster – “

  “Not to mention a hitting-people-in-the-face hapkido monster – “

  “Could you guys just zip it?!” Violet groans.

  “… mianhae Jung In-ah.”

  “But seriously, Baekki is such a pabo – “

  “Excuse me, is that supposed to make me feel better?”

  “But Violet – “

  “ZIP IT!”

  The other 11 boys in the hallway immediately turn quiet, which amazes me. Violet is years younger than the whole EXO, but they all listen to her. They treat her like one of their own family.

  I’m starting to consider that that’s what they really view her as. Family.

  A slim boy with faint-pinkish hair wraps his arms around Violet from behind her back and kisses the top of her head. “Don’t worry too much, Jung In-ah. He’ll be fine. Sooman sujangnim won’t punish him too… severely.”

  From the way he kisses her and the way Violet immediately relaxes in his arms, looking all relieved, I know who it is without any doubt.

  Oh Sehun.

  “I know he’ll be fine,” Violet whispers. “It’s just… you know.” She looks up into Sehun’s eyes, and I see an understanding passing through them. I don’t want to in, I really don’t, but… it’s Baekhyun they’re talking about. Baekhyun.

  I find myself walking toward the couple. “Violet? Can I… speak to you for a moment?”


 

  “Who was that?”

  “I’ve never seen her before.”

  “You guys are so not up-to-date, losers! She’s Leina!”

  “Leina?”

  “Kim Rae Na, the new girl whose gonna be in that collaboration song thingy.”

  “But I thought you just said ‘Leina’, Chanyeol?”

  “They’re the same person, Kai. Just different names.”

  “Like Jung In and Violet?”

  “Ne.”

  “Oh, so she’s the 'Leina' Baekki has been pestering Kyungsoo about?”

  I immediately tune out of all the whispers between the EXO members as Violet, Sehun and I walk further down the hallway to a more quiet place. I don’t know what they meant about ‘Baekhyun pestering Kyungsoo’ but I decide not to focus on that right now.

  I focus on the concerned faces of Violet and Sehun.

  “Um…” I start.

  “Right, mianhae.” Violet snaps out of her frown and forces a small smile. “Leina unnie, this is Sehun oppa, my…”

  “Boyfriend,” I finish for her.

  “Yeah,” she blushes, “and Sehun oppa, this is Leina unnie, the one I’ve been telling you about.”

  Sehun studies me for a moment before tentatively extending out his hand. “Annyeonghaseo, Leina-ssi.”

  “A-annyeong.” I gently take his hand and shake it. “I’m terribly sorry that our first encounter is during such a… depressing situation…”

  “Gwenchana,” Sehun replies without smiling, making me wonder if he didn’t mean it or it was just his thing, being a little… emotionless.

  Violet clears as I let go of Sehun’s hand. “So, unnie…”

  “What just happened?” I ask. “Why did Baekhyun sunbae hit Jason? Is he going to be alright? Is he in trouble now? Will Mr. Lee Sooman punish Baekhyun sunbae? Ohmygosh, will he be fired? Will he – “

  “Arra, arra, pause!” Violet holds her hands out. :The ceiling might fall down if you keep bombing me with questions, unnie!”

  I let out a long, shaky breath. “Mianhae…”

  Violet smiles and pulls me into a hug that I don’t resist from. “Okay, for starters, I don’t think Baek oppa would get fired.” She gently laughs. “He’s too important to us and the company.” I secretly exhale. “But he is in trouble; after all, he hit someone. And as I recall, there was blood. That’s gonna at least leave a scar or something on Jason.” She pulls back. “Although I think Jason deserves it.”

  “Wae?” I ask. “Why did Baekhyun sunbaenim it him?”

  “I’m not entirely sure," she replies, "but before the fist was involved, I saw them talking through my practice room window, and I think I heard… I heard…” Violet’s lower lip starts trembling, and I know instantly that it must have somehow been about her, seeing how on the brink of tears she is.

  “Jung In – “

  She shakes her head. “Ani, Sehun, it’s fine. I can say it.” She takes a deep breath and looks at me. “Leina unnie… do you know…” she bites her lower lip. “Do you know Baek oppa’s… feelings… towards me?”

  “Ne.”

  Violet and Sehun look equally shocked. “How – “

  I look to the floor. “It’s… a long story. But no matter what, I know that Baekhyun sunbaenim still… loves you, Violet.”

  I don’t know why, but I feel like crying. As soon as I said those words out loud, I just do. It’s like a bubble of sobs in my chest, aching to be released. Seeing Violet unable to form any words, I ask, “So it’s about you? Did Jason threaten you and Sehun sunbaenim again and Baekhyun – “

  “Ani.” Violet shakes her head, I that’s when I see them.

  Tears. In her eyes.

  “Jason knows, too. About Baek oppa still… loving me. And he told him some… very painful, hurting words.”

  Painful, hurting words?

  “He told Baek oppa to ‘get over his pitiful heart’ and leave me and Sehun alone.”


 

  His eyes are closed when he walks out of the office. Standing a few feet away from him, seeing how such a beautiful face he has and thinking of the sadness underneath, the heavy feeling in my chest worsens.

  On the outside he’s always smiling, fooling around and entertaining others; while on the inside…

  Love is important to him, I guess. Unlike some people who don’t give a second though to that word, he wants to be loved, badly. To have someone love him as much as he loves Violet.

  I wish, so badly, that I can help him out of his misery. But I don’t know how, and… the one I have my heart set for is Kyungsoo.

  Isn’t it?

  “Hey.” The ends of Baekhyun’s mouth curve up. “I know I’m handsome, but if you keep staring I might start feeling shy.”

  “How do you know it’s me?” I ask, following him as he starts walking away. Violet and the rest of EXO were called back to resume training, so only I was left waiting for him.

  Baekhyun opens his eyes. “Because I’m awesome.”

  I can’t help but crack a smile. “Sunbaenim, how can you be so… casual?”

  “Casual?” He glances to me walking by his side.

  “I was worrying my head out here,” I admit. “I thought Mr. Lee Sooman woukd punish you or even fire you, and I don’t want that to happen because that would be so heartbreaking and I don’t want you to leave me and – “ I halt to a stop.

  What?

  What did I just say?

  “… Leina?” The playfulness in his voice has vanished. “You – “

  “UM! I-I mean, uh, I… ani… um… what I mean is…” I squeeze my eyes when I see him walking toward me. “I-I just – “

  A touch on my arm startles me, making my eyes shoot open and look up to see… to see Baekhyun smiling so radiantly that his face is literally lit up. My breath hitches in my throat.

  “No one’s going anywhere, Leina,” Baekhyun says. “I’m not going anywhere.”

  Stuttering, I try to assume that he didn’t think of what I said the way I think it sounds like. “B-but you… you hit someone…”

  “Yeah, but it was only a mild wound for Jason.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “If I were to be fired for just hitting an , I would have hit harder, you know.”

  “… that makes sense,” I reply, making Baekhyun laugh.

  “And Sooman sujangnim only punished me with more hours of practice for a month, and apologizing to Jason. Although I’m only going to do the last part when I don’t want to punch him anymore.”

  “Sunbaenim…”

  He bites his lower lip. “Right, mianhae, you don’t really know what happened…”

  “I do.” I try to smile. “Violet told me."

  Something flickers in his eyes. “Oh.”

  A moment of silence passes, with the both of us just standing there, until for the first time of my life, I decide to break it. “So um, sunbaenim, about me wanting to strangle you…”

  Baekhyun blinks, then smirks. “You mean me leaving you and Kyungsoo on purpose?” He laughs. “I am so smart, right?”

  “I am going to reconsider about not strangling you now.” I pout. “You made it so awkward, sunbaenim!”

  “But it worked, right? Kyungsoo talked and finally admitted it, right? About remembering you?”

  I hesitate. Should I tell him, or should I not? I haven’t… our conversation had been interrupted, and I haven’t gotten all the answers I want yet, but…

  I look up and smile at Baekhyun. “Why don’t we go to the cafeteria, and I’ll tell you over some ice cream? You look like you need some ice cream.”

  He smiles, the ends of his eyes crinkling, and ruffles my hair. “Of course, Leina. Gossip and ice cream are the best combination!”

 

  He doesn’t notice the way I smile when he ruffles my hair, when I secretly wish him to keep doing it. Even I don’t realize how I react to his touch.

  But one particular person who was hiding behind a pillar and witnessing our whole conversation, captured it all with his deep, brown eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Author's Note] Hey everyone! So I'm finally back from my cruise... although it got cancelled halfway becoz of the typhoon and stuff so I didn't get to go to Japan T______T We like sailed to the middle of Taiwan and Japan and then just sailed baek UGH SO FRUSTRATING SOBS. But yeah becoz I got baek early, I can update now hehe<3

I'm putting Vi and Sehun further into the shadows and Leina and Baek in the spotlight now BEOCZ I LOVE THEM. DO YOU GUYS? LOOOOL <3<3

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING AND SUPPORTING THIS STORY!!!!!! /THROWS HEARTS/