Chapter 3

Nothing is what it seems (REWRITE)

Chapter 3

 

“SLAM!”

 

Sora slammed her hands onto Hana’s table and glared menacingly at Hana. Their other classmates have already left the classroom to go home.

 

Hana slowly turned her head away from her bag and looked at Sora. She raised her eyebrow questioningly before standing up only to be pushed down by Sora.

 

“You just don’t know when to quit do you,” Sora said. “Infinite practically doesn’t want anything to do with you now, so you are aiming for Teen Top,”

 

Hana winced at the mention of Infinite before staring at Dazzles nervously. She didn’t like where this is going. Dazzles have left her alone since L broke up with her, why were they disturbing her again? Teen Top? Who is Teen Top?

 

“Tsk, pretending to be innocent again, I really don’t see what they see in you. All I see is a pathetic, annoying brat,” Dahee added.

 

Hana looked down, not wanting to meet their eyes. Knowing them, she will not like what she had in store. She soon heard the sound of footsteps walking away from her and sighed in relief when she looked up to see that they have left. She quickly picked up her bag and walked out of school, not wanting to keep Halmeoni waiting any longer.

 

While walking, Hana’s thoughts ran while, thinking back to what Sora had just said earlier. Who was Teen Top? A new gang perhaps? While a million thoughts crossed her mind, she suddenly felt a bump in front of her.

 

“Woah there, watch where you’re going,” an annoyed voice said. The guy turned around and eyes widened in shock upon realizing who he had just bumped to. “Oh Hana, hi,”

 

Hana looked up and saw pink. “Pinky,” she uttered before looking through the eyes of the man.

 

L.joe gave an awkward laugh, “L.joe, my hair might be pink, but I have a name too you know.”

 

“Hyung, this is why we told you not to dye it pink,” Ricky said, appearing beside L.joe. “Hello Noona!”

 

Hana bowed her head slightly in response before starting to walk away, only to be stopped when a hand grabbed her wrist. Turning around, she saw L.joe and looked at him expectedly.

 

“I was wondering, since I am new around town, if you could..” L.joe spoke, “ Show me around sometime? I mean if it’s not too much trouble,”

 

Hana thought about it for awhile before shaking her head. She prefered to be alone. “Sorry,”

 

L.joe let go of her wrist and watched her disappear before looking down disappointedly.

“You know L.joe. Maybe it’s meant to be. She is a regular girl and you are in the centre of the underworld.” C.A.P said. Patting L.joe on the back. “Let’s go, we have a  meeting to go to.”

 

 


 

 

Hana walked across the streets as the sky began to dim. Halmeoni was already closing up so Hana decided to make her rounds. Even though there’s usually not much things going on along her streets.

 

Hana’s territory did stretch too wide. She is only one person of course and her space spans about three kilometers around Halmeoni’s shop. That way, she can ensure that Halmeoni is safe from other people and dangerous people. She took over slowly crept to where to noise was coming from and peeked out of the wall and saw two distinct group. The group with their backs towards her were oddly familiar. One of the with pink hair.

 

Hana’s eyes widened but continued to stay silent and watched the fight unfold before her.

 

“We already warned you not to be here. This isn’t your territory.” C.A.P said. Hana could recognise the bright red hair and familiar low voice.

 

“Tsk, this isn’t your place to roam about too C.A.P,” a guy from the opposite side said. From afar, Hana could see that the man was tall, his voice held authority and he was standing in thee middle.

 

‘Must be the leader,” Hana thought. ‘Maybe I should step in before things get out of hand,’

 

“Enough games, what do you want? Dragging us here.” Chanjo shouted. “For all we know this could be one of the Lion’s lair.”

 

“If it was, we would be stupid for dragging ourselves out here,” another guy replied. “Besides, we heard that this area belonged to a rouge. A new player to the game. Pretty strong too,”

 

“That does not answer or question,” C.A.P said, his voice laced with venom. “Why did you call us for Soohyun.”

 

‘Soohyun?’ Hana wondered. ‘No, it couldn’t be,”

 

“A little birdie told us that a girl caught your attention.” the man, presumably Soohyun answered. “We may be rivals, but you are aware of what bringing an innocent civilian entails  don’t you?”

 

“Of course we are. But that girl means nothing to us,” L.joe replied cautiously, as if trying to convince them that it was true.

 

“If you say so,” a man with pierced ears replied.

 

Both of the gangs the shifted a bit, trying to show that they were the more powerful gang. The shifted in into their fighting stance.

 

“Do you really want to start a fight here? Junior?” Soohyun grinned. “I mean, it would be a pain if the rogue suddenly showed up wouldn’t it?

 

Hana adjusted the mask over her eyes before stepping into the scene. “You don’t say,”

 

L.joe’s eyes widened, “ S-Star,” he managed to stammer out. “ What are you doing here?”

 

Hana raised her eyebrow behind her mask and gave a look of annoyance, “ Protecting my territory. I don’t enjoy people picking meaningless fight’s around here. Makes life harder for me you know,”

 

Hana stopped walking when she was directly in between both groups. She managed to get a good look across the faces of Teen Top’s opponent.

 

“Well, aren’t you going to leave?” Hana asked. Her eyes transfixed on a very familiar face.

 

She heard hushed footsteps moving away and assumed that Teen Top had already left the scene.

 

She turned her body towards the gang left in her area. Eyes not moving and not showing any emotion although her heart was beating fast and the eyes of betrayal flashed over her eyes.

 

Hana could not believe who was standing in front of her.

 

Kim Soohyun