Chapter 1

Nothing is what it seems (REWRITE)

Chapter 1 (Now)

Ten years has passed since her parents death, eight years has passed since her brother left her to fend for herself. And two years has passed since her first love had completely shattered her trust in people.

After what happened two years ago, she decided that she wanted to get stronger. She didn’t want to be a childish girl anymore. Rather, she wanted herself to be independant. Her experience with trusting those who seemed to care for her never seemed to turn out well. Except of course for Halmeoni, the elderly woman who she lived with now.

Since that year, she took up taekwondo, combined with her experience for gymnastic, her fighting skills weren’t too bad. Being able to beat a group of guys, thus making her current territory hers.

Hana decided to go for a walk around her territory and today, unlike other days, she met someone, rather interesting. The guy had pink hair and was rather short. Maybe it’s because he was younger than her. The guy was fending of a group of six buffer looking guys and seemed to be at a disadvantage so she decided to help him out.

She leaned on a wall and said, “You guys are really stepping on a thin line here. Picking a fight in a foreign territory. I am pretty sure there’s a rule for that,”

The group paused in shock, hearing a foreign female voice. They looked at the small girl, barely reaching five feet in height and a small and petite body. Covering the upper part of her face was a silver mask, decorated with little stars at the corners. She was wearing a black tank top and black tights. Around her waist was some sort of tool belt, that probably held her weapons or gadgets.

Hana walked slowly to the group who were still stunned. The guy with pink hair broke from his shock. His arms were still positioned at a point where he was punching a tall man’s jaws. Hana looked at him and signaled him to run. He slowly walked backwards, not running, rather, slouched towards a nearby wall.

“Ohoho, look what we have here boys, a little girl acting like she is all that. Pathetic,” The biggest guy in the group yelled. His face holding a smirk. The entire group laughed and taunted her with words. “ What are you gonna do about it girly?” He continued, eyes not leaving the threatening glare Hana gave.

Slowly, Hana walked towards them, and stood face to face with the , assuming, leader of the group. With a stone hard look, she said, “ This,”

Swiftly, she delivered a punch to the leader’s jaw which caused him to stumble back, the rest of the group started to run towards her, wanting to surround her so that she doesn’t have any way of escaping. Hana simply stared at the leader who was recovering from shock

“You shouldn’t have done that,” He bellowed, his fist and throwing hit to her face. Hana grabbed his fist in the palm of her hand and twisted it, before elbowing his neck with her free arm. That action cause him to lose consciousness. She looked up and saw the guy with pink hair shift slightly, his form ready to fight when seeing the opportunity, Hana shook her head slightly, silently telling him to stay put

The rest of the group charged at her, punches were thrown here and there, but Hana managed to dodged everything, her movement gliding and her eyes ever so calculating. She threw a punch to another guy before holding him to a choke position which led him to get punched by his mates who were too slow to stop his movements. The guy who threw the punch stood in shock, enabling Hana to quickly kneed him to the crotch and kicked him to the jaw. The other three guys were now circling her, trying to find a blind spot. Hana swung her leg across their legs which cause them to fall and land on their . Before they could recover, she jabbed them somewhere on their arm, causing them to become paralyze.

She stood up cautiously, her eyes trailed and met the guy she had just rescued. Walking towards him, she left a white card, with a silver star printed on it beside the leader. Below the image, one could see the words, “The stars never sleep” engraved on it.

Once she stood in front of the guy, she realized that he was slightly taller than her. She took his arm, and slowly dragged him out of the scene. They stopped as soon as she was sure that they were far enough from the area.

She looked him in the eye before cupping his face with both her hands. Turning his head left and right, up and down. Before her hands rested to his arms and turning him in one big round.

“Your injuries are nothing to big, give it a few days and the bruises will heal.” She said softly. She started to walk away from the guy, before he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her close to him.

They were now standing so close that they could feel each other’s breath. He rested his chin or her shoulder and whispered, “Thank you,”

He then step back, and stared through Hana’s eyes who were widened in shock. Hana relaxed her eyes and gave a soft smile. She then started to walk away again.

“The name’s L.Joe!” The guy shouted.

Hana held her arms and flicked a card towards L.joe, which landed on the ground, the same card she left with the people he was fighting with. The word “Stars” underlined. He picked it up before looking at Hana’s fading form. He smiled at the card, before walking the other direction, heading back to his home.

 


 

(Next morning)

 

“Ring!” the alarm clock rang.

 

Hana woke up groggily and stretched her arms. Slowly, she traced her fingers across the alarm clock to stop the ringing. Slowly fluttering her eyes to focus, she glance at the clock to look at the time.

 

She then got out of the bed and walk towards her wardrobe and picked out her uniform. She quickly went to prepare herself for school and made her bed.

 

After she finished preparing, Hana grabbed her bag and walked out of her room, the scent of freshly baked goods hit her nose. Walking down the stairs, a familiar silhouette stood behind the counter, greeting the customers who were buying breads and cakes. The lady was wearing a typical old fashioned attire, consisting of only a dress, and a apron.

 

Hana walked towards Halmeoni and gave her a hug, “Halmeoni, I’m going off now,” she said, giving the old lady a kiss before walking out of the counter area.

 

“Be Careful Hana!” Halmeoni said, as she waved Hana off

 

Walking towards school, the memory of the night before wriggled into Hana’s thoughts. The guy was interesting, and she never saw him before. Was he new? Or maybe he goes to a different school.

 

The boy’s skills weren’t too bad. She was sure, even if she didn’t intervene, the guy would still win. A few bruises here and there, but he was surely a good fighter. Maybe he was in a gang nearby?

 

She shook her head, trying to focus back to her current dilemma, school. Hana loved school. In the past anyways. Her teachers were nice, she had friends, heck, she did not need to hide anywhere.

 

But ever since she broke up with “Him”, her life has change for the worst. The teachers were still nice of course, but every time somebody bullied her, the teachers would turn a blind eye. The people who would usually try to shield her away, would turn their backs. She realized that the friends she made just wanted to be her friends because they were just trying to show their “good side” to get some people’s attention.

 

Hana came to a stop once she reached the school gates, the name “ Seoul Elite Academy” engraved on the wall at the side. The school where rich people goes to, and where the gifted have to fight for survival. Those who weren’t rich would usually be targeted. Hana was one of them. Being able to enter the school with high academic results. Her overall grade never falls below the 80% percentile of her year.

 

Hana heaved a sigh and she walked into the school, attempting to blend in with the crowd. Soon, she managed to reach her classroom unscathed. Luckily, she would always come to school early, to avoid the bigger groups of people from seeing her. She placed her bag beside her sit and reached inside to grab a book that would be discussed in the day’s lesson.

 

Slowly, the classroom’s chairs were being filled, and the place was getting louder. Hana, used to this, continued reading, her peripheral vision towards the teacher’s desk, so as to know when the teacher would come in.

 

Soon enough, a tall male dressed in a brown tailored suit came into the room. He places some books on the teacher’s desk and gestured for the class president to begin the greeting.

 

Hana followed the president command a stood up to greet the teacher, before sitting back down to take out her materials for the day.

“Class, today, we have some new students joining us,” Mr jung said, gesturing to the door. The classroom door opened and two people joined us. One was fairly tall with black hair and has this smile, while the other was shorter, with pink hair.

 

 Hana’s eyes widened in shock. Pink hair. She quickly diverted her gaze out of the window, not wanting to look at the guy that she met yesterday. If he were to recognise her, there would be a major change in her life. And so far, she actually enjoyed where she stood.

 

She heard the girls in her class squealing and sense someone looking at her.

 

“Miss Kim, if there is something more interesting outside, please do share with us,” Mr Jung said, snapping Hana’s intention back to the front. “Mr Lee Byung Hun, there is a free spot beside Miss Kim, you may sit there, Mr Lee Chan Hee, there’s a free sit behind of Miss Kim,”

 

The two guys walked towards Hana and sat at their places. Mr Jung then started class.

 

Hana felt a chill run down her spine and realised that it was the class glaring at her, clearly not happy with the sitting arrangement. She ignored it and started to write notes for Mr jung class.

 


 

 

A/N: Update On Time! Whoop! I hope you enjoy it~ Can’t confirm next update. Hopefully next Thursday! Peace out