Chapter 2

Nothing is what it seems (REWRITE)

Chapter 2

 

As soon as class ended, and the bell for lunch rang, the students ran out of the classroom. The girls in the class on the other hand were surrounding the new students and where asking them questions after questions. Hana quietly took her bag and left her classroom to head to the pond in her school.

 

The pond area was a quiet and serene place. A huge tree providing shelter from the sun. Hana rested below the tree and started to eat her sandwich that Halmeoni had made for her. She suddenly felt more shadows joining her and looked up. A group of six guys were looking at her, staring intently.

 

Hana raised her eyebrow, wondering what  they were doing.

 

“What a coincidence seeing you here,” L.joe said, his face holding a smirk.

 

Hana rolled her eyes before replying, “Please move, all of you are disrupting my peaceful moment,”

 

The other guys chuckled at her response.

 

“Allow us to introduce ourselves, I am C.A.P, leader of these dorks,” The guy in the middle said.

 

“Niel,” A guy with plump lips said.

 

“Chanjo, youngest physically but not mentally,”

 

“Ricky! Pleased to meet you!” A small perky guy exclaimed excitedly,”L.joe hyung, you’re right. She is -mmph” his stopped as his mouth was covered by L.joe’s hand.

 

“Ahahaha,” L.joe laughed awkwardly, “You already know me and Chunji,”

 

Hana looked away from them, eyes landing back to her sandwich and continues eating the last piece.

 

The guys stood awkwardly before Ricky asked out loud, “ So Noona! Why are you sitting here alone? Surely someone as pretty as you have some friends!”

 

C.A.P slapped Ricky at the back of his head to which Ricky yelped. The other guys were simply staring at Hana who closed her lunchbox before placing it into her bag.

 

“Please excuse me, I need to head to class,” she said while standing up. She gave them a slight bow before retreating back to her class.

 

Once she was out of sight, C.A.P said, “You picked a hard one L.joe,”

 

“I know, that’s why it’s going to get interesting.” He replied, eyes not leaving the place to where Hana had walked, “I swear, something about her seems familiar,”

 

 


 

Meanwhile, at the second floor of the school, a man was staring through the glass window to the garden. Watching the exchange between Hana and Teen Top. He did not like it. His cold eyes staring murderously at the group before walking away when Hana had left the garden.

 

He regretted it. He really did. Why did he do it? She gave everything to him, her heart, her trust and her time. But he would not have noticed there was a girl like her if not for the game he played. He played her, first pretending that he liked her. But once it got too deep, he could not stop the feeling playing in his chest. He started to fall for her. All that was gone with a single line. He was the reason she was broken.

 

“Hyung, you are doing it again,” a small and petite boy said. His age barely reaching fourteen.

 

“Sungjong ah, give L some space.” a man walked by, standing beside Sunjong. His aura radiated authority.

 

Soon, another four member walked by, and huddled with the rest of their group. The hallway was quiet, which was a rare sight. The group’s name is Infinite, feared in the streets. The six of the stared at L pitifully.

 

They were young. Young and childish. Back then, they didn’t know that playing with the heart is dangerous. When they first figured out that L had serious feelings for Hana, they decided to keep it to themselves. Hoping that no one will figure it out so that their relationship can last forever.

 

That one day, however, was when everything fell apart.

 

 


 

1 year ago

 

“Ouch,” Hana yelped, while rubbing her forehead. She had just bumped into the wall while talking to Sungjong about the new cafe that had just opened up in front of the school.

 

“Again?” L said, as he walked over to Hana to check the developing bruise on her forehead. He gently rubbed his thumb over the bruise to help numb the pain.

 

“It isn’t that bad Oppa.” Hana muttered as she pushed L away gently.

 

“Well, if it isn’t Hana and Infinite,” a snarky voice suddenly screeched. The group heads quickly turned to the owner of the voice and saw Sora and her gang.

 

Sora was the leader of Dazzles which compose of three other members, Dahee, Seo yeon and In Jeong. All four girls have a pretty pale complexion and were beautiful. However, they use their popularity and social standing for their own gain. Bullying students from a lower social class, and trying to cling on to others from a higher social class.

 

Dazzles is a gang on the street. Their ranking might not be that high. However, it does not mean that they were not strong. They hold a grudge Hana for being able to earn the trust and love of Infinite. Most of Infinite were from wealthy families. And their name on the streets strikes fear to all those wannabe gangs.

 

“Go away Sora, bother some other guys. I heard that Dong hyun just broke off with his girlfriend last week.” Sunggyu said slowly stepping in between Sora and Hana.

 

Truth be told, the entire gang was on their toes. Sora knows about the bet that they made. They guarded that secret for so long, and is not going to allow Sora and her gang to reveal it.

 

“Hmm? But Donghyun is too weak. He wouldn’t survive in our world even for a minute. Weak and pathetic. Just like Hana over there,” Sora said. She was walked up to Sunggyu and traces her fingers across his chest. Sunggyu slapped her hand away and glared at her.

 

“Go,” L suddenly uttered. Not wanting to know what was going to happen next.

 

Sora huffed before grinning, “Ahh, Hana ah, do you want to know a secret?”

 

Hana raise her eyebrow, clearly not pleased. Sora have been targeting her even before she began to go out with L. Meanwhile the other Infinite members held their breath. Clearly having not idea what to do.

 

“No thank you,” Hana replied. Looking away from Sora.

 

“Have you ever wondered why L went out with you in the first place?” Sora continued. Infinite save L were slowly walking towards Sora, they were going to drag her out if needed to, if it means keeping Hana away from the truth. “ I mean, L is wealthy, heir to the Kim cooperation, feared by all. Heartless and have never actually kissed a girl before you. He is simply too good for you.”

 

Hana did not know how to react to that. She have wondered before what L saw in her that made him ask her out. But she never actually questioned him.

 

Before Sora could utter the next word, she and the rest of Dazzles were quickly dragged out of the hallway, away from L’s and Hana’s sight.

 

However, Sora shouted, “ A bet! L never loved you, it was all a bet!”

 

The entire Infinite froze, fear creeped through their hearts. No. They released Dazzle and quickly looked at Hana.

 

Hana’s eyes  widened, her hand began to tremble. Was it true? It must be if Infinite reacted like that. She looked at L and asked quietly, “Is it true?”

 

“Hana, I-” His reply was cut short.

 

“Is it true? Just tell me, yes or no. I don’t need excuses,” Hana said, eyes starting to tear.

 

L could not utter a word. He did not want to.  He stared down not willing to look Hana in the eyes. He knew he should have said something before Sora revealed it. But he could’nt. He was a coward. If he couldn’t protect Hana from himself, how can he protect her from the outside world.

 

Before Hana could blink, L walked away, gesturing the other members to follow suit.

 

When Hana couldn’t see them anymore, she broke down. She did not know what to think or how to feel. Sora and her gang smirked before walking away, leaving the weeping girl too cry alone.

 

 


 

Sunggyu sighed, wondering if Hana will ever forgive them. They loved Hana, not the same amount of love that L has, but Hana was like a sister and mother to them. Frantically nagging at them, cooks for them and listens to their problems.

 

“L hyung, class is starting, we should go,” Sungjong said quietly.

 

L looked back to them and nodded. He places his hand into his pockets started to walk back to class. The other members followed suit.


 


A/N: So. Im on time today. YES! Been busy the past week since I am on an overseas trip overseas. WHOO!!!

Till next time! ^^