Chapter 2

Roses, Letters, and Confessions

Later after school, the boys Seohyun, and Min go out for ice cream together

 

“Valentine’s day is so close I can already smell the chocolate! Everybody got a date?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“It is?!” Jongin and Baekhyun shrieked.

 

“Uh, yeah…. It’s kind of... Like, 5 more days to go!” Chanyeol answered.

 

“Oh yeah, Yixing. On Valentine’s Day, we usually celebrate it with a prom,” Yifan explained. Yixing nodded in response.

 

“So, yeah! Better start searching or you’ll be forever alone in the dance,” Suho warned.

 

“Oh no oh no oh no oh no….” Baekhyun muttered with low volume.

 

“I need someone to be partner, and I need one before I'm eaten alive by those hormone-powered boys," Seohyun sighed. "Yixing! Why don't you come with me? Unless you have other plans."

 

“Sure, Seohyun," Yixing chuckled.

 

“Oh my gosh, you are a live saver."

 

"You two, what’s wrong. Aren’t you the chick magnet, Kai? You too, Baek?” Min asked, answered by the continuous panic grumbles between the two.

 

“Who are you going with, Min?"

 

“I’m going with Key!” Min said enthusiastically.

 

“They're afraid to ask girls out," Sehun observed.

 

“I-it’s not that….. Just…" Jongin said nervously.

 

“He likes someone. Man up, Kai! You too, Baek!” Chanyeol said.

 

“Who?” Minseok, who was playing with Luhan, turned his head.

 

“Should I even name her?” Chanyeol asked back. Xiumin smirked.

 

“What? Oh! Oooh~” Luhan joined in.

 

“I know Baek’s..” Jongdae said.

 

“Me too!” Junmyeon said.

 

“Me three!!” Sehun and Tao screamed together. All eyes in the ice cream parlor are on them now.

 

“We’re not deaf. Jesus..” Minseok said.

 

While the other were talking, Kyungsoo was the only one who’s quite the whole time.

 

“What’s wrong? Kyungsoo?” Suho asked.

 

“Huh? Oh... Nothing!” Kyungsoo faked a smile.

 

So much for that plan.

 

February 14th, 2013 at Seohyun’s house

 

“Min! Stop destroying my bed!” Seohyun screamed while Min is jumping on her bed.

 

“What? You did this once too!” Min gave Seohyun a ‘merrong~’ and finally stops jumping.

 

“We need to be ready for the dance,” Seohyun said.

 

“Okay, okay… Chillax!” Min said and gets off Seo’s bed.

 

“Didn’t you bring you dress? Change to it. Quickly,” Seohyun ordered.

 

“Ey, who’s you to order me around? Anyways, I’m going to change! Don’t miss me~” Min said and leave the room.

 

 

+

 

 

At school hall

 

 

“Looking snazzy, huh?” Min and Key commented.

 

“I am, aren't I, shorty? You too, shorty." Minseok playfully messed Min’s hair.

 

“Yah! My hair! Stop it! Who are you calling shorty?! Key’s not, either!” Min said.

 

“Hey!” a voice called and all their head turn around, facing a group of boys and girls heading their way.

 

“Eonnie~” Seohyun and Min said together.

 

“Hyung!” the boys called.

 

“Ayo wassup?!” “Howdy!” “Looking good~” “Hello!”

 

“As the president of the Music Club, I order Kyungsoo and Chanyeol to rap – and beatbox – after Jinri has fnished,” Taeyeon said.

 

“What?! So sudden??” the two said. “You’ll get bonus points for your Music Club,” Taeyeon added.

 

“Well, damn."

 

“I asked Hyukjae to dance while you two do your job. I just need another dancer.” Jinki, the student council secretary, said.

 

“Ask Hyoyeon unnie. She’ll do it!” Min suggests.

 

“Hyoyeon? Where’s she?” Jinki asked. Seohyun pointed to a blonde girl who’s chatting with Eunhyuk.

 

“Ah~ Okay then!!” Jinki said and approached Hyoyeon.

 

 

While Kyungso, Chanyeol, Hyukjae and Hyoyeon performed, the other boys, Seohyun and Min moved to the front to see better.

 

“Hyukjae hyung is awesome. Hyoyeon noona is awesome. They’re awesome...” Tao commented.

 

“Seohyunnie!” Taeyeon whispered.

 

“Ne, eonnie?” Seohyun approached Taeyeon.

 

“Do you wat to perform after this? Play the keyboard?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Oh, sure!” Seohyun accepted.

 

“Great! Henry’s playing the violin. You two did ‘Trap’ on the open house event right? Do that again!” Tayeon said.

 

“Yeah! Let’s do it!” Henry butted in.

 

“Woah oppa. You scared me.” Seohyun said. Henry replied with a cheeky smile.

 

“Fighting, you two!” Taeyeon said.

 

 

“Thank you!” Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Hyoyeon, and Hyukjae said together, bowed and got off the stage. “Let’s go!” Henry, who’s bringing a violin from the music room, said. Seohyun walks across towards the keyboard and started playing.

 

“Oh wow, she’s really good!” the boys commented. Yeah, she’s really good… Wow, the school loves her…

 

“Thank you!” Seohyun and Henry said, bowed, and left the stage.

 

“That was awesome, dude!” Key greeted Henry.

 

“Min, stop hugging me.” Seohyun squeaked.

 

“I’m sorry. You were so cool. You gotta teach me that.” Min said.

 

“Maybe some time… Wanna go to the garden?” Seohyun said. “Yeah.” Min said and the two walked away.

 

“Where are you going?” Kris asked. “The garden. Wanna come?” Min answered.

 

“Meeeee~” Xiumin said and walked towards them, followed by Kyungsoo, Yixing and Luhan.

 


 

“I didn’t know the school got this…” Yixing said. “It’s magical, isn’t it?” Seohyun said. Yixing turned to look at Seohyun’s side profile.

 

After awhile, they finally reach the gazebo and settle down. “Let’s play truth or dare!” Luhan said. The others nodded in agreement.

 

 

After a few rounds of Truth or Dare, they want back inside the school.

 

“Hey, be right back.” Yixing said and left. “Where is he going?” Luhan asked.

 

 

Yixing left to the locker area. No one was there but himself. He went towards Seohyun’s locker and stared at it for awhile. Then he unlocked it. He knew the combination because Seohyun had given it before. He opened his locker, who was right next to Seohyun’s, and took out a red rose. Then he put it in Seohyun’s locker. He quickly closed both lockers and walked back to the hall. Yixing? H-he’s Mr. Anonymous? God...

 

 

“Where were you?” Minseok asked the second Yixing joined them again.

 

“Toilet. Where’s Seohyun?” Yixing lied.

 

“Oh, she went somewhere awhile ago."

 

“She did?” Yixing asked. Please don’t tell me she saw me…

 

 

Seohyun was in front of her locker. She unlocked it to see the red rose. It was quite shocking to know that Yixing was the guy who sent it. She put it in her hair, considering the stem was not very long and was rid of the thorns. Seohyun smileed at her reflection on the little mirror atatched on her locker door. Yes, she had liked Yixing for awhile; he’s fun, cute, talented, funny, and he was very kind. Then she closed her locker and walked back to the hall.

 

 

“Seohyun! Where were—Oh, where did you get the rose?” Min asked as soon as she saw Seohyun.

 

“Sorry. I was… out…? Come here for a while,” Seohyun said and dragged Min out.

 

Once they arrived at a hidden place near the school, Seohyun let go of Min. “Why are we here?” Min asked immediately.

 

“Yixing,” Seohyun said. “He’s Mr. Anonymous.” Min’s eyes got bigger.

 

“Really? How do you know?” Min asked. “I followed him and he stoped at my locker. He put this red rose in my locker and walked away,” Seohyun said.

 

“You know, it’s quite pretty…” Min said. Seohyun gave her the are-you-serious look.

 

“Well, it is quite shocking to find out its Yixing. He’s pretty decent, though…” Min said.

 

“Do you know how clever he is to find your attention; the anonymous thing, the rose thing, his… acting all this time….?” Min added.

 

“But he's a friend,” Seohyun said.

 

“You should give him a try," Min suggested. "Who knows what might happen."

 


 

"Seohyun is takng a hell lot of time. And Min isn't coming back from the toilet," Jongin commented.

 

"Maybe she saw me," Yixing said.

 

"There are only two outcomes: you get the girl or you don't get the girl. If you don't, then you're one of a million other boys, and it means that others have a chance," Kyungsoo said. "Good luck." If you get the girl, then maybe I don't have a chance.

 

“What did you say?” Tao and Sehun asked after coming back from the food table. “Nothing~” the boys answered and laughed.

 

 

“Okay, so… What are you going to do?” Min asked. Seohyun sighed.

 

“I think I got this… I’m going to talk to him later.” Seohyun said. “Finally! Can we go now?” Min asked while fanning herself. “Yeah! Let’s go!” Seohyun said and the two walked out of the hidden place, Seohyun not forgetting to pull he rose out of her hair.

 


 

“Where were you guys??” Luhan asked when Seohyun and Min comes back.

 

“I just showed something to Min…….?” Seohyun said. The boys eyed her suspiciously.

 

“What~?” Seohyun asked.

 

“You’re so suspicious, you know that Seohyun?” Baekhyun said. Seohyun raised one of her brows.

 

“Hey, can I borrow you Yixing for awhile?” Seohyun said and dragged Yixing out.

 

"Uh-oh."

 


 

“Yixing, y-you’re the guy who gave me the roses, aren’t you?” Seohyun said after taking a deep breath. “Yeah… Is it alright?” Yixing said.

 

“Thank you so much for it…. I really appreciate that you do something different…. You know, other than those letters.” Seohyun smiled and Yixing smiled back.

 

“You liked them?” Yixing asked. “Love it. Especially this one.” Seohyun said and pulled out the rose from her purse.

 

“Wait a minute, how did you know I was the one who gave it to you?” Yixing asked.

 

“Well, I kind of followed you when you went out…. It’s kind of suspicious but then I saw you putting a red rose in my locker. And I know immediately that you’re Mr. Anonymous.” Seohyun explained.

 

“So, you spied….?” Yixing asked. “Kinda…..” Seohyun said and laughed.

 

Suddenly there was footsteps sound. “There you are! Cmon! They’re going to announce the Valentine's Dance King and Queen!” Min said. Seohyun held Yixing hand and followed Min inside.

 

The End

 

This has been k4ryss4 ^^ See my other fics!!

(Wow this fic has been around a long time. Sorry for any grammatical errors! <3)