Chapter 2

Game of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

“Wow…” Hana could feel anticipation slowly building up inside her. She must admit, as a picky reader, there aren't many stories that can intriguing her at the first chapter. But this story… this story was different.

“Who is Im Yoona?” Hana asked herself, because she was wondering why her grandfather name being mentioned on the diary.  “What did she do with Grandpa?”

Because no one answering her question, she flipped another page of the diary. “I have no doubt about it, that Kwon Jiyong is Lucifer who got reincarnated.”

xxx

Yoona.

There was no doubt that the man who just walked into the canteen was Lucifer. I could sense it. I could see Lucifer in him, as I see Adalbert in Seunghyun!

My gaze immediately directed to him. I saw him moved his body and his moves were exactly the same as Lucifer! I couldn’t believe it; the love of my past life was reincarnated too!

“Yah yah Im Yoona!” suddenly, my thoughts were disturbed by Seunghyun. “You were dozing off!”

“Ah… I'm sorry.” I shook my head as a sign of denial. “I just caught up with something.”

“What’s on your mind, Yoona?” Seunghyun asked me in concern. I could see his sincerity on his eyes. He was genuinely worried about me, just like the old times. “Is that something bad?”

I shook my head. “I think… I think I should leave.”

“Why?” Seunghyun asked in confusion. We both always stayed back after lunch at the library or nearby café to sort the s called tasks, papers, and research we got from the professors. “You won’t study at the library?”

“I just remembered that I have a dinner date with my mother,” I tried to laugh, but it failed. “She will go berserk if I ditch her.”

“Oh… okay.” I knew he was disappointed, but I couldn’t even concentrate. The fact that two of the most important people in my life were reincarnated in this life and were in the same environment as me was… overwhelming. I didn’t prepare for this as long as I remember.

I didn’t need any preparation for Adalbert’s reincarnation—after all, he was my brother whom I loved so much. But seeing Lucifer was being reincarnated… after what had happened… no. No. I needed to sort all these s out.

“I'm sorry Seunghyun.” I said as I packed my belongings to my bag. “I’ll treat you for at the next meeting. I promise.”

“No need to worry Yoong.” Seunghyun smiled kindly. Oh God, I was so relieved and grateful that Seunghyun seemed take Adalbert’s nice personality and manner towards me. “Enjoy your time with auntie. Say my hello to her.”

“Sure Seunghyun.” I got up from the seat. “I’ll see you around.”

With that, I went out from the canteen and headed straight to the subway station. I need to go there, go to a secluded place, and sort these things out.

After what had happened in the past, I really needed to sort my feelings.

Yeah. I needed to do so as soon as possible.

xxx

I rushed into a small café named ‘Locale’ nearby my home. It doesn’t mean I don’t love my home—since I went to other place to sort my s up—but I always went there when I need to sort my mind ever since I knew this place approximately 5 years ago.

I didn’t even greet the owner or the staffs properly—whom I knew since years ago—I immediately rushed to a secluded corner in the café. I just sat for 5 minutes and suddenly there was a familiar voice greeted me while a warm mug placed on my table. “Here’s your hot chocolate, Yoong.”

I looked up and saw a petite woman with the warmest smile I’ve ever seen. “Taeyeon-unnie…”

“Had a bad day?” She asked me while sitting in front of me. She is the daughter of the owner of this café. “Here, drink this and loosen up. Maybe while telling me what exactly your problem is.”

I obeyed her suggestion and sipped the hot chocolate. Damn, I love Taeyeon and her caring personality. “Mind to share, Yoong?”

I sighed deeply and began to rant about my new life as a freshman. I didn’t told Taeyeon about everything—since it would be too long, but I told her what she deserves to know as my best friend—yes, as a frequent visitor of this café since years ago, it made us close. She even knew about my special ability to remember my past life!

Finished with my story, I looked down with exaggerating sigh escaped from my lips. “Why even in this life, when I meet him… I feel my world become so mixed up, Taengoo-unnie?”

“Who? Your husband in your past life?”

I nodded. “Yeah, him. I didn’t know unnie… when I met him, I felt really happy. Really really happy,” I emphasized ‘really’ in my sentence. “But here…” I pointed to my chest, “and here,” I pointed at my head, “didn’t synchronized well. My he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter