Chapter 1

Game of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1

“My name is Im Yoona,” Hana read the first page of the book slowly. “I’m a woman who was born with a very special gift and if you think my gift is the ability to see the future, you’re very much mistaken. My gift is to remember my past life and if I say past life, it isn’t about 10 or 15 years back. What I mean ‘past life’ is my life before I was born in this name, in this country, in this form, which happened hundreds years ago.”

xxx

Yoona.

“Hey Yoona, are you ready for today?” My mother—Im Soojung—asked me from the kitchen. I was having my quick breakfast in the dining room with my father—Im Yoonsang. Yes, if you’re wondering, my father in this life isn’t the late Johannes Wentworth who has a huge oil company in England. In this life, he is a normal employee at multinational company with more than enough salary for a living. My mother though, is the late Cecilia Wentworth who was a social butterfly among her peers. I didn’t know why my late mother got reincarnated but my late father didn’t. Or maybe, my late father got reincarnated too but in this life, he got married with someone else. I don’t exactly know.

“I’m ready,” I said as I sipped my hot chocolate and bit my toast. “I’m not 7 anymore, mom. I don’t get overly excited over my first day of school.”

“It’s not school anymore dear,” Mother squealed in happiness. “It’s college! A place where you will meet everyone; where you will face many obstacles; where you will know what is the real meaning of life; and where you will find the love of your life!”

I rolled my eyes and kept eating my breakfast. My father remained silent at my mother excitement. He isn’t the type who talks much, anyway—my father and mother in this life are pretty much the same with my parents in my past life. They had similar personality and aura, only in different appearance.

“I’ll go first,” I said as I finished my breakfast and got up. I took my bag and kissed my father and my mother cheeks.

“Good luck on your first day, deer,” my father said while putting down his newspaper. “College is tough to crack, but believe me; it holds your best part of your life.”

“I know.” I smiled to him. “Wish me luck, father.”

After saying goodbye to my parents, I went out and walked to the nearest train station. I headed to Gwanak, where my second home—called Seoul National University—for approximately 4 years is located.

xxx

I stepped into the building of my new second home, Seoul National University, college of Business Administration. I looked around and found no one I knew—that made sense, actually. I was the only one who got admitted in this prestigious university from my high school for God’s sake!

As I walked to the hall for the welcoming ceremony, I began to think how lucky I was to be able to study at such prestigious and notable university like this. Even though to get admitted in this university took a lot of my tears, my hard work, and my sacrifices, it was really lucky of me to get admitted. Between thousands, I am the chosen one to attend this university.

“Woa…” Unconsciously, I let out a long ‘woa’ and opened my mouth in an o form as a sign of amazement. This university is so huge! I wouldn’t be surprised if I got lost in this university. It is so-unrealistically-HUGE!

“Are you a freshman?” suddenly, a deep baritone voice greeted me from behind. I quickly turned my head around and saw a gorgeous man, with his sharp eyes, dark grey orbs, piercing stare, thin lips, and scars on his forehead. I remembered this aura… I clearly remembered it as if it happened yesterday. The aura I missed the most ever since I remember my past life.

“ADALBERT!” I called him with so much excitement. I immediately put a smile on my face and hugged him tight. Adalbert got reincarnated too! My beloved Adalbert!  

“Errr…” He didn’t try to release my hug, but his face clearly showed confusion. “Do I know you, miss?”

Realizing my embarrassing mistake, I quickly released my hug from the gorgeous man and showed him an apologetic smile with bows. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! You’re really similar with someone I know.”

He smiled and showed me his dimples. God, those dimples were similar to Adalbert’s! “It’s okay,” he laughed. “It’s not like every day I’m getting hugged by a pretty woman.”

I was really embarr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter