Skipping Lunch

Avoiding Pretty Boy's Heart [editing]

Chapter 01: Skipping Lunch

ShinHye High. It was a big school. Well at least for Jaein it was big. She was still stuck in her class, the one right before lunch. After this class, she didn’t want to go and spend lunch again with Jimin. It was always the same thing over and over again. She would walk out, he would be there smiling like an idiot, and then the two would grab lunch. Jaein groaned silently to herself as she stared out the window. Suddenly an idea came to her mind. *I should just skip lunch! Get out from the window since it’s the first floor, and run off to hide!*

“Yoo Jaein are you listening?” the teacher asked from the front of the class. She smiled and nodded her head. He went back to teaching as she wrote down her plan. She watched the clock impatiently waiting for it to ring. She stared as the longer hand slowly ticks around. Soon enough the school bell ring indicating class has ended and it’s time for lunch. She slowly packed her stuff as the students and the teacher left out of the class. She looked around and to her surprise Jimin didn’t show up yet. She took in a quick breath and headed towards the window. It wasn’t a normal height window. It was placed higher than normal windows. Jaein opened it and threw her bag out first. She grabbed a nearby chair and stepped over. She was almost down when someone spoke up.

“Jaein?”

Jaein looked up and lost balance. She struggle to hold onto something but was too slow. Her landed on the ground hard as she cringe in pain. Jaein grunted and stood up dusting the dirt off of her skirt.

“Ditching lunch- oh wait never mind, you’re just trying to avoid that pretty boy eh?” he walked closer to her.

“It’s not your business Jong Up,” Jaein grabbed her bag and slung it behind her back.

“Oh look he’s over there!” he quickly said. Jaein took actions and hid behind his back.

“I knew it,” Jong Up laughed. Jaein hit the back of his head and walked off. He chuckled and followed after her.

“I think it’s quite cute that you have an admirer,” he elbowed her arm. Jaein shot him some death glares as he backed away putting both hands up. She continued towards some place, whatever place she can find to hide.

“So tell me, how did pretty boy fall head over heels for you?” Jong Up asked catching up after her. Jaein stopped and eyed him.

“Was that supposed to be a compliment or an insult?” Jaein asked. Jong Up shrugged, “However you take it I guess. But tell me the story!”

“Ugh, let’s find a place to hide first,” she said.

“Ah! I know a place!!” Jong Up grabbed her wrist and dragged her all the way to the dancing room next to the music room.

“OF ALL PLACES THIS?!” Jaein yelled and hit his arm this time. Jong Up pouted and rubbed his arm, “What’s wrong with the dancing room?” Jaein was certainly having a mental breakdown. “He dances too Jong Up. He is a dancer like you.”

“He is?” he was even shocked to hear that for the first time. Jaein face palmed herself.

“Youngjae was right,” she mumbled and walked away leaving Jong Up behind.

“Right about what?” he followed after her.

“You are a fool,” she answered him.

“Well is there a place he doesn’t go to?” Jong Up asked. Jaein thought about it. The only place she knows he wouldn’t go to was the women’s locker room and restroom. But he could convince any girl to go in there and drag her out. Jaein mumbled out gibberish words and hit her head. Jong Up laughed at her.

“Well if you can’t find a place to hide, let’s go sit at the benches over there and tell me the story~” Jong Up said. Jaein admitted defeat and agreed to what Jong Up suggested. They both walked towards the benches as some girls moved away. Jong Up gave them some weird looks.

“And you mind telling me why girls are avoiding you?” he added. Jaein nodded her head.

“It started off in PE…” she said as the flashbacks came.

“Ok class, today we will be having our half year PE class competition!” all the PE teachers announced. Most students scream in excitement as others groaned hating this event the most. Jaein was with her friend, Hyerin, happily excited for the event to start. The two pairs were really good at volleyball. They made the perfect team and for always claiming the 1st place prize.

“Up first in the volleyball section we’ll have Yoo Jaein and Kim Hyerin, sophomores, against Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung, juniors,” one of the teacher announced.

“I can’t believe they’re actually joining this year~~” Hyerin squealed while tugging onto Jaein’s arm. Jaein just looked at them and it made her wonder why too. Since they were popular and teachers liked them, they got to do whatever they felt like doing. They had always avoided this event calling it a waste of time, but this year they joined with happy faces.

“Court 1 please,” the teacher pointed towards the first volleyball court. Jaein grabbed a ball and the four left to the first court. They started off, as the boys struggled to get the ball and also getting it over the net. Jaein smiled as she knew this was going to be an easy win. Right before the teacher blew his whistle, Jaein spiked the ball down really hard. Jimin who gave up playing already didn’t pay attention and when Taehyung had warned him he ly to meet face-to-face with the volleyball. He flew far back landing on his

“!” she cursed under her breath and ran towards him. She bent down to help him up. He grunted feeling the pain. Jimin opened his eyes and noticed Jaein looking worried. But what he also noticed was the sparkles and beautiful color auroras around her.

“Your nose is bleeding!” Jaein widened her eyes seeing blood drip down from Jimin's nose. She looked towards his partner,“Taehyung right?”

He nodded. “Can you ask the teacher for some paper towel?”

Taehyung nodded and stood up running towards the teachers. Jimin held his nose still staring at Jaein’s face. It’s like he hit heaven. She was glowing so much in front of him and everything just felt like it was slowled down. Taehyung came back and handed the paper towels to Jaein. She placed them on his nose.

“Let’s go the water fountain,” she offered. He shook his head.

“What?” Jaein looked at him confused. “It’ll help cool off and stop the bleeding.”

He smiled underneath the paper towel.

“You should take him into the restroom to clean it off then,” Jaein said getting up. Taehyung nodded and helped Jimin up and dragged him away to the boy’s restroom.

“Why did you spike the ball Jaein?” Hyerin glared at her.

“I-I didn’t mean for it to hit him,” she replied.

“Yeah, you didn’t,” Hyerin mumbled gave her a disgusted look. “I’m not in the mood of playing anymore.” Hyerin walked off as Jaein followed her.

“Wait, we still have plenty more games to go through,” Jaein grabbed her shoulder and turned her back.

“You only care about winning,” Hyerin said.

“Hyerin…”

“I’m tired of just standing there, I wanted him to notice me,” Hyerin continued. “But you had to hit his face with the volleyball. Now it leaves a bad impression on both of us! He’ll never look at us the same way again. Thanks to you.” With that Hyerin walked off towards a different set of girls. And that day, Jaein lost her friend. After PE had ended, Jaein walked to her next class with Jimin following her.

“Hey,” he greeted. She didn’t bother to say anything back to him.

“You okay?” he asked walking beside her and trying to look at her face clearly.

“If you’re sorry about hitting my face, it’s okay,” Jimin smiled. “I’m perfectly fine.”

“It’s not that,” Jaein mumbled.

“So you’re not sorry?” he stopped walking. Jaein stopped and shook her head quickly.

“I didn’t mean it that way! It’s just something else, that’s all.”

“Ah~," he nodded his head. "Can I walk you to class?"

“And since that day, he’s been following after me,” Jaein placed her chin on her hand.

“Wow, you probably must’ve hit him pretty hard for him to you know,” Jong Up said and chuckled earning another smack on the head from Jaein.

“So what about the girls avoiding you?”

“Oh that, I guess they're just jealous that their pretty boy is always following me, greeting me in the morning, taking me out to eat ice cream,” she replied and sighed.

“Speaking of the pretty boy,” Jong Up whispered. Jaein looked at him and he motioned his head in a direction. She turned and saw Jimin whose face just suddenly lit up at the sight of her.

“Were you here the whole time?” he asked walking towards the two.

“Hello Jong Up hyung,” Jimin bowed.

“Oh, you have some manners in you,” Jong Up mumbled and elbowed Jaein. She rolled her eyes.

“Hello Jimin-ah,” Jong Up smiled. “So I heard from Jaein that you dance? Maybe we should dance together.”

Jimin widened his eyes. “She talks about me?”

“Oh lord,” Jaein turned back and face her head down. Jong Up couldn’t stop laughing.

“I want to see your dancing skills,” Jong Up said. “Maybe we can have Jaein judge us.”

“That would be great hyung!” Jimin smiled. “Will you Jaein?”

She happily stood up and turned. “Sure why not?” Her smile quickly faded and she turned back. Jong Up stood up and shook hands with Jimin.

“Take good care of her Jimin,” Jong Up said and left. Jimin nodded and quickly sat in front of her.

“Why are you here?” he asked.

“I don’t feel so well today,” she replied.

“Really?” Jimin asked. “Do you need me to take you to the nurse?”

“It’s okay,” Jaein replied. “If it’s alright with you, I won’t be able to go eat ice cream afterschool.”

“Oh it’s ok,” he laughed. “If you’re not feeling well you should just go home and rest.”

“Thanks,” Jaein said as the bell rang. She stood up as Jimin offered to take her to her class. Throughout the day she was happy. Happy that the ice cream thing was cancel, now she can go home and sleep peacefully. After her last class ended she walked out to the front gates. Jimin was already there waiting for her. He noticed her and waved. She waved back and walked towards him.

"Sorry that I can't go anymore," she said.

"Ah, that's ok," he smiled and let out a small laugh. "We still have tomorrow."

"A-ah yeah," Jaein awkwardly smiled. "Well Youngjae's waiting for me, so i'll be going now."

"See you tomorrow Jaein," he waved and bowed. Jaein slightly bowed back and left. When she arrived home she screamed happily and ran into her room throwing her bag down and sleeping on it.


e
iapple's noteu
updating the first chapter!
thanks to those who subscribe and comment :)
hehehehe i hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter and leave some feedbacks? XD