Rumor and Project

Hear Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I heard the goggle-eyed gossiping about the new angel of our company earlier” said Key interestingly while sitting with a group of his friend in the cafeteria for lunch.

“What did they say?” questioned Minho in curious while Yunho who sat across him focused on digging the food in his mouth.

“The new angel? You mean that Jaejoong guy in the party?” questioned Taemin dumbly.

“Oh, so you remember him? I thought you have no idea who he is” Minho teased with a laugh and earned a knock on his head.

“You are too loud” said Yunho calmly as he continued eating as if nothing happened.

“Yah! Why did you hit me with your spoon? It’s disgusting” yelled Minho rubbing his head but immediately shut up when he noticed the tanned guy glaring at him.

“Do you want to listen to me or not?” asked Key to get their attention.

“Yeah, yeah, please continue” the youngest told, rolling his eyes.

“They said that the Jaejoong guy is such a on bed. He couldn’t take his hand off their for any second and his mouth is really skillful when he gave them a ” Key reported from what he heard so far while Minho and Taemin paid attention on his talk.

“Jaejoong ah~” someone called and Yunho looked up from his food to see Jaejoong standing no far behind Minho while looking at him. Their gaze locked in a moment.

“Come and sit here” the voice urged and the said guy quickly moved to that table where his seat was right behind Yunho’ spot.

“I didn’t know you will come to the company today” said HyunJoong enthusiastically as Jaejoong settled down in front of him.

“Manager Lee said he wanted to meet me so I stopped by after class” the flower boy replied with a forced smile.

“Did you meet him yet?”

“I said I can have lunch first before we discuss about the film so here I am” said Jaejoong blankly.

“Oh, let me introduce you my friends” the new friend suggested brightly.

“Seem like the goggle-eyed was right. He seemed friendly with anyone he just met. I bet that he would sleep with all the actor of our company in future” commented Key cheekily as he chewed the meat.

“Damn, you should lower your voice, he will hear it” nudged Minho quietly.

“Wae? What’s wrong if he hear it?” his friend protested in annoyance.

As Yunho abruptly stood up and carried his empty tray, the two quickly shut their mouth. “Where are you going, hyung?” asked Taemin in surprise as he also put the bowl of soup on his tray.

“I finish my lunch so I will go first” the tallest guy said before walking pass Jaejoong’s table to return the tray.

“Hey, wait for me, Yunho hyung” shouted Taemin quickly chasing his hyung and left his two noisy friend alone while Jaejoong just stared at his crush’s back until it was out of his sight.

“Those two always like getting attention so don’t mind them, Jaejoong” said HyunJoong when he noticed the beautiful boy staring at the two who just left.

^_____________________________________^

“Our company will start the very first project and it will last six months. I hope you will anticipate it” said Mr. Lee as he put the document of the project on his desk.

“Why me?” questioned Yunho calmly as he stared at his manager without taking a look of the file on the table.

“Because I think your gentleness suits this project” the manager explained.

“There are seniors who may want to take part in this project. You should consider them first before me. You must know that others envy of me because you show favor to me”

“Look, don’t misunderstand. I don’t favor anyone including you. I see that you’re potential so I suggest you to do this project. K.O Corporation only values the actors that can make more money and you are one of them. Do you ever think the reason why you are still kept under this company even you have this cocky attitude to the managers? It’s only because you help us earn more than other. This is all about business, Yunho-shi” the elder man said sharply.

“I understand” the actor acknowledged.

“Your partner in this project will be Kim Jaejoong – the new angel face of K.O. I’m sure you know him already, right? So now, the decision is up to you. If you don’t want to be a part of this project, I will find another to replace you or I still can find you another partner if you want” the manager offered promisingly.

“Does Kim Jaejoong know about this?” asked Yunho in concern.

“He will know soon”

“So that means he has no idea about this yet, then why did you put his name in the project already?” the younger questioned in puzzle.

“Well, well, he is a newbie so he will participate in whatever the company decides for him. You don’t have to worry about that problem. So your answer is?”

“I will take this” said Yunho getting the file before standing up and left.

Meanwhile, Jaejoong was walking alone on the hallway while spacing out. He couldn’t help worrying about Yunho’s thought of him. Earlier, when he saw Yunho having lunch in the cafeteria, he was happy thinking that he would have a chance to talk to the latter. However, his plan all ruined and his smile quickly faded away when he stepped closer to the taller as he overheard the conversation among those people sitting at the same table with the taller guy. Although Yunho didn't seem to concentrate on the talk, he was sure that the other was listening to it. ‘What to do?’ thought Jaejoong hopelessly until he suddenly fell down on his .

“Are you alright?” a gentle voice asked which sent shiver down to his spine. The hand extended in front of him for help.

“Thank you” the smaller boy replied, holding the extending hand and stood up without looking up at the person in front of him.

“Did you hurt somewhere?”

“I’m fine. I need to meet Manager Lee so excuse me” informed Jaejoong as he tended to pass by but a hand held his wrist back.

“What’s wrong with you?” the question threw on him but he couldn’t open his mouth to answer but struggled his hand to get away.

“If it’s about what others bad mouthed about you earlier, then don’t mind them. There are always nonsense gossips about the newcomers, so don’t let those words get into you” the senior advised as he titled the sad boy’s chin up so they can look at each other face to face.

“How about you, Yunho? Do you believe in those words?” questioned Jaejoong looking him with his hopeful eyes.

“You must hear some rumors about me, too. Do you believe in them?” the taller asked back.

“I don't know but I trust you. So, you tell me, is what they said true?” the naive boy said, looking at the taller with his big doe eyes.

“What do you think if I asked you to believe in what they said?” another question set.

“It doesn’t seem right” claimed Jaejoong with a hard frown.

“Why?”

“Because you are not that kind of people” he stated with determination.

“How can you so sure? You don't even know me”

“I--”

“Just kidding. Go meet Mr. Lee. Don’t make him wait and remember not to put your mind on what others talk about you. They’re always like that” told Yunho gently messing the shortie’s hair before walking away.    

“Does that mean he also doesn’t care about what others said about me?” murmured Jaejoong touching his messy hair as he stared at Yunho’s back which was getting further and further from his sight. Shaking his head, he made his way to the manager’s office. 

“Good afternoon, Mr. Lee” the new actor greeted formally with a deep bow as soon as he walked in the office.

“Good afternoon, Jaejoong-shi. Please have a seat” the manager gestured friendly as he took out a folder and put it on the table in front of the actor “Here is the new project and you can decide whether you will anticipate or not. However, I need the answer quick so why don’t you scan through the document and if you have any question, I can answer for you”

“Ah, neh, manager” nodded Jaejoong as he picked up the folder. His heart beat faster when he saw Yunho mentioned in the document. He couldn’t help asking “Yunho will be my partner?”

“Oh” the manager nodded in confirm before adding “The other companies is focus on making film with plot. However, our staffs have researched and concluded that the acting from others wasn’t good since the emotion looks fake. And, the buyers still like that kind of film since they love something romantic, something new beside the plain . Thus, instead of making film with storyline like them, our company make this project about lovers. We think that you and Yunho will make a lovely couple since he is handsome while you are the beautiful angel face of our company. Moreover, Yunho is a caring guy and an experienced actor, he will show the viewers his gentleness and how he takes care of you. In the period of 6 months, I hope you two can provide the feeling of love in the film. I don’t force you two to love each other or date for real. You two can act like a lover if you want when you’re on screen”

“Indeed, Yunho is a gentleman but why me? I’m still a new actor and there are actors having beauty, too. Taemin can also be a candidate because he is the closest to Yunho” said Jaejoong feeling uneasy. It’s not that he didn’t want to accept this project. To be honest, he really wanted to get close to Yunho but he was just afraid that the other didn’t want him to be his partner. After all, they just exchanged a few words to each other 2 times so he didn’t know what the senior thought about him so he felt a little uncertain inside.

“About Taemin, he already filmed with Yunho and we want to use a new pair this time. For the others, I know that they are good as well but they don’t have what you have.” Manager Lee claimed.

“What is it?” asked Jaejoong curiously.

“Love. You love Yunho, right?” his eyes widened in surprise. How can Mr. Lee find out?    

“I—”

“You don’t need to deny. You confessed when you’re drunk” the actor felt his cheek burning up in embarrassment “Don’t worry. No one know about this except me. Well, I’m not really sure because Yunho took you home after that. I don’t know if you had blurted out anything more after he took you away”

“What!?! Yunho took me home?” exclaimed Jaejoong covering his face in shame.  

“Oh, but he didn’t hear your confession since you said it before he reached for you” the manager chuckled.

“Ottoke?” the actor whined quietly.

“Well, if you want, we can change your partner but I don’t think the result will turn out well if you don’t pair with Yunho. After all, he is still your crush so the emotion is much more real and you don’t have to force yourself to awkward acting, just simply follow the flow” convinced Mr. Lee with a warm smile “Besides, don’t you think it’s a good chance for you to find out what you said to him when you’re drunk?”

“But does Yunho know about this project? Does he know that I will work with him in this project? I’m just afraid that he may not like me to be his partner?” Jaejoong question in anxiety.

“He does know you will be his partner but he hasn’t know much about this project yet. However, I already gave him the document so he may find out later. The decision is up to you two so if he wants to change his partner, I will contact you” the manager assured.

“Is that so?” the actor replied with a bit disappoin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter